[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest renegade027
Thanks, updated to r3 superboot and r3 rom.

I may try launcherpro again now as using standard andrid launcher as launcherpro kept freezing the screen for 30 seconds.

This might be a launcherpro issue - search their forum - there is a discussion about optimal settings - ''keep in memory'', for example, tends to cause this kind of behaviour for some people.....

Hi complete noob here managed to flash and custom rom my Blade

But I have a 'problem loading widget message ' on the 1st screen how do i delete this message

many thanks

Remove and re-add the widget.

P

Guest keencyclist

Just a quick question, I have updated to the new R3 bootloader and R3 rom and it all works great. I have lost no personal data on the phone is that correct?

Guest eyespy (aka Steve)
Just a quick question, I have updated to the new R3 bootloader and R3 rom and it all works great. I have lost no personal data on the phone is that correct?

Correct - except if you had previously installed one of paul's ROMs there would be no need to reinstall the boot loader - just rename the gz file to 'mcri-system.tar.gz' and copy it to the root of your SD then reboot - job done :)

Guest waj1234
This might be a launcherpro issue - search their forum - there is a discussion about optimal settings - ''keep in memory'', for example, tends to cause this kind of behaviour for some people.....

Thanks I will have a look, though I am quite happy on the android launcher for now as it seems to work just fine.

O2 Settings (30 Day Simplicity) - Working on my R2 Rom for Data and MMS

I copied the Orange settings and set Up 2 APN's as below, and can send and receive MMS's

This is done from memory, my iPhone, and this Modaco Wiki as the phone is not in front of me, but basically the only changes were the username, apn settings and the apn type. I'll double check this is correct later, but it ought to work.

Name - O2 mobile web

Apn - mobile.o2.co.uk

proxy - not set

port - not set

Username - mobileweb

Password - password

Server - not set

MMSC - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy - 193.113.200.195

MMS port - 8080

MCC - 234

MNC - 20

APN type - default

Name - O2 MMS

Apn - wap.o2.co.uk

proxy - not set

port - not set

Username - mobileweb

Password - password

Server - not set

MMS port - 8080

MCC - 234

MNC - 20

APN type - mms

Yeah, to get rid of the logo flash the Superboot r3.

Cheers. By the way, I don't know who's responsible for the captcha system but it's seriously hilarious. The captcha was "turn the tables", my input was "the hunter becomes the hunted" :)

Guest zippypants
No, but the links to the old ones are broken. You need to click-hold and drag them to the bin and re set up.

P

Is there a idiots guide to do this . Ist time newbie here with a a smart phone

it's a lot smarter than me lol

Guest fradleyp

I think it installed because it hung on logo and launcher pro came up but when I goto about phone it still says R2

seems a bit more jerky and the menu has changed when you scroll

Edited by fradleyp

Having some issues with r3. When I press the app drawer it freezes for a few seconds and in general it doesn't seem to be as smooth any more, lots of pauses. Any ideas?

Guest meinnit
Having some issues with r3. When I press the app drawer it freezes for a few seconds and in general it doesn't seem to be as smooth any more, lots of pauses. Any ideas?

Are you under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substance? :)

Are you under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substance? :)

;) who me, never!

its definitely the phone, very jerky indeed??

Guest meinnit
:) who me, never!

its definitely the phone, very jerky indeed??

Sorry can't be of much help then! Someone else may come along with a technical solution.

Guest Simon O
I think it installed because it hung on logo and launcher pro came up but when I goto about phone it still says R2

seems a bit more jerky and the menu has changed when you scroll

The version number is updated if you have installed R3 of the ROM. Perhaps you only installed the r3 superboot?

Guest Davie1888
O2 Settings (30 Day Simplicity) - Working on my R2 Rom for Data and MMS

I copied the Orange settings and set Up 2 APN's as below, and can send and receive MMS's

This is done from memory, my iPhone, and this Modaco Wiki as the phone is not in front of me, but basically the only changes were the username, apn settings and the apn type. I'll double check this is correct later, but it ought to work.

Name - O2 mobile web

Apn - mobile.o2.co.uk

proxy - not set

port - not set

Username - mobileweb

Password - password

Server - not set

MMS port - 8080

MCC - 234

MNC - 20

APN type - default

Name - O2 MMS

Apn - wap.o2.co.uk

proxy - not set

port - not set

Username - mobileweb

Password - password

Server - not set

MMS port - 8080

MCC - 234

MNC - 20

APN type - mms

Ok PaulB tried those setting as well still no joy m8, there a lot of peeps on here with the same problem with o2 simplicity,

Edited by Davie1888