[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

BUG REPORT: with R3, cellular data connectivity is broken when one app initializes the GPS function. Reboot needed to get back to normal 2G/3G data connectivity. Tried multiple times, flashing various ROMs... NO probelm with the stock ROM, problem only with one Blade phone, my previous handset (same model) did not show this problem.

Thought you may want tp look into it before releasign the R4...

Thanks,

Vulpy

*** EDIT: Fixed now, thanks ri4z ***

Edited by vulpy

BUG REPORT: with R3, cellular data connectivity is broken when one app initializes the GPS function. Reboot needed to get back to normal 2G/3G data connectivity. Tried multiple times, flashing various ROMs... NO probelm with the stock ROM, problem only with one Blade phone, my previous handset (same model) did not show this problem.

Thought you may want tp look into it before releasign the R4...

Thanks,

Vulpy

I had the same issue with r3. I done a quick search on google and found the solution was to remove all other APNs in the list not in use. This fixed my issue.

Note, the other APNs I had were not deletable until I used APN Backup & Restore from Android Market. The App will let you delete all and then you'll have to replace the one you use.

Let us know how you get on.

R

Edited by ri4z

I had the same issue with r3. I done a quick search on google and found the solution was to remove all other APNs in the list not in use. This fixed my issue.

Note, the other APNs I had were not deletable until I used APN Backup & Restore from Android Market. The App will let you delete all and then you'll have to replace the one you use.

R

Awesome, problem fixed following your advice ri4z! Thank you bro,much appreciated...

Guest ice_chill

Following the step, when I reboot with volume key up I only get the green robot and no menu ? I flashed with recovery works with the "Windows" line (not linux or mac), is this correct ?

Guest Simon O
no luck for me.

installed r4 with a2sd option but still apps are being installed in internal.

have a partition in ext2 in sd that i used in pulse nicelly

is there some weird step im missing?

Back up all your files from your SD card then re-partition it using the recovery.

Guest yee_har

"Small potatoes" alert.....

Having recently moved to Custom Rom r3 I notice that the (swipe) screen immediately to the right of the home screen shows "Problem loading widget". Is this a standard widget delivered as part of the Custom Rom and if so what should it be? Ta.

Downloading at 10-15 KB/s which is literally painful. :)

Why don't you invest some money from the subscriptions into better servers?

Waiting 60 minutes for something which should take 30 seconds :).

Most definitely not a problem with my connection as I've tried on both my 20Mb/s home connection and our 1Gb/s Uni connection.

Guest mrchris
When I try to get Skype through WIFI I get message that the handset is not supported. I am using original Orange software, do I need to root first ?

Not certain about rooting phone, but I found Skype in the Marketplace after seeing a release note on Trusted Reviews.

Guest AndyHibberd

FINALLY!

I got A2SD working, after much faffery which could have been avoided...

Here's the simple breakdown in case anyone is struggling:

1.Install R4.

2.Put it your SD card with an EXT2 partition (I did 580mb)

3.DO NOTHING ELSE! It just works! Install an app and I guess it just installs to the SD.

There is NO APP for A2SD, it's a system function.

My Internal Memory on the phone now reads 96mb, installed Angry Birds (12mb) and it went down to 92mb.

Can only assume the measurement is off now that it is using the external SD card too. Please correct me if I am wrong and the reading should be right.

I am very happy with this and impressed by Paul's efforts! Thankyou!

Oh and asim, show some love you swine. Be grateful that such a forum even exists and people can be bothered to produce a Custom ROM for your use!

It's awesome!

PS wouldn't mind trying hardware acceleration off, is there a toggle?

Andy

Guest Simon O

Just so everyone knows (and to save heartache and stress) you can't use Darktremor A2SD with r4. Just bake A2SD into the ROM when building and use that version instead.

Guest Pakatus
Back up all your files from your SD card then re-partition it using the recovery.

By recovery you mean amon-ra right?

Cause with the clockwork i wasnt ever able to make a partition...maybe the steps are not quite easy to get from the menu's.

Other stuff...can we only use ext2? what about swap?

Guest x.balli.x

R

i used the navigation app today and faced this issue with giffgaff and i was worried because i thought i have something wromg in setings.......but thanks to u

Guest AndyHibberd
Its an option in the Kitchen.

Not really, the option is to have it or not, requiring whole rom flash each time. I wondered whether there was a toggle option so I have it in the ROM and can switch it off to see how that runs things.

Can we get some further clarification whether Hardware Accel has negative effects?

Guest Afrodude
Not really, the option is to have it or not, requiring whole rom flash each time. I wondered whether there was a toggle option so I have it in the ROM and can switch it off to see how that runs things.

You can edit build.prop and set debug.sf.hw=0 to disable it.

Guest billyhl

yee_har

"Small potatoes" alert.....

Having recently moved to Custom Rom r3 I notice that the (swipe) screen immediately to the right of the home screen shows "Problem loading widget". Is this a standard widget delivered as part of the Custom Rom and if so what should it be? Ta.

I am also having this problem? anyone else experienced this and fixed it ?

Regards to all Billyhl.

Guest Simon O
By recovery you mean amon-ra right?

Cause with the clockwork i wasnt ever able to make a partition...maybe the steps are not quite easy to get from the menu's.

Other stuff...can we only use ext2? what about swap?

There is no AmonRA recovery for the Blade, only Clockwork and this version has partitioning options.

No swap support yet so you'll need to have one ext partition and rest for fat. If you have a swap partition then this could be the reason why A2SD isn't seeing the ext partition.

Guest Simon O
yee_har

I am also having this problem? anyone else experienced this and fixed it ?

Regards to all Billyhl.

It's impossible to know what the widget could be. I didn't have this issue myself but it sounds like you added a widget to the screen then upgraded your ROM. This would have used the current settings of your phone but doesn't always reload the widget information properly. Just delete it, it'll be fine.

Hi,

Everything seems to have gone smoothly to r3 for me, thanks. I have one oddity and I'm not sure if it's right, if I click on the Internet icon it still takes me to the orangeworld web page and all the default orange pages are there still and I can't see how to delete them. Is this something I've done wrong, or were they left behind on purpose?

Guest buntoid

What's an easy check to see if Apps2SD is running on the device?

I have already formatted my SD with Fat32 and ext2 partitions with Fat32 as the first partition using Gparted.

Both set as active.

But Apps2SD doesn't appear to to working.

Is there an utility app that shows the ext2 partion storage?

I'm on R4.

Guest Gerson2k

I have already formatted my SD with Fat32 and ext2 partitions with Fat32 as the first partition using Gparted.

Both set as active.

I'm on R4.

Reading the thread it either works or doesn't, you didn't mention, but has the internal storage on your SF freed up any space? Mine went from 39MB to 89MB after i went to r4 with A2SD.

Guest Winston69

Both set as active.

I'm on R4.

quick system info

Edited by Winston69

Guest leetron1

Both set as active.

I'm on R4.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/quick-system-i...android.sysinfo

Guest billyhl
It's impossible to know what the widget could be. I didn't have this issue myself but it sounds like you added a widget to the screen then upgraded your ROM. This would have used the current settings of your phone but doesn't always reload the widget information properly. Just delete it, it'll be fine.

It is the widget on the first right slide screen (Bar at the top) for switching the wireless/bluetooth/gps/sync/brightness bar???

It wont Delete and i cant find out how to re-point it to this widget as it doesn't seem to be there, just displays "Problem loading widget" on the screen.

I didnt add any widgets this is just the way it came after R3 rom load, i did try re-load of R3 rom but still the same outcome.

any help or fix would be appreciated.

Regards to all Billyhl.

Guest Simon O
It is the widget on the first right slide screen (Bar at the top) for switching the wireless/bluetooth/gps/sync/brightness bar???

It wont Delete and i cant find out how to re-point it to this widget as it doesn't seem to be there, just displays "Problem loading widget" on the screen.

I didnt add any widgets this is just the way it came after R3 rom load, i did try re-load of R3 rom but still the same outcome.

any help or fix would be appreciated.

Regards to all Billyhl.

Hold your finger down on it and drag it to the trashcan. If that doesn't solve it then you'll need to do a factory reset from Settings > Privacy