[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JohnMetz
also got GPS problems on R4 connects about 1 in 4 attempts.

Having previously noticed how quickly the phone got a GPS lock, I too am now finding that GPS lock is slow - especially with Copilot. I am too on R4.

Guest simba2585

this is probably hardware related - but does anyone get feedback when using speakerphone i.e. the person who is calling can hear themselves when the other persons SF is on speakerphone?

does it happen on the shipping ROM also?

Guest merlin617
If you keep cancelling the download and retrying it will eventually work. Took 6 attempts to download an update to Google Goggles and several attempts for each download but in the end got all 4 updates and 1 new app.

Had to do the same, although I have also tried cancelling the downloads via Market and then trying download again via AppBrian. It does seem a bit hit and miss.

Edited by merlin617

Guest merlin617
You can use Android Commander to delece the com.wsandroid.apk.

Thanks for this I have installed Android Commander but cannot see where com.wsandroid.apk is I would also like to remove it.

Any help please

Thanks for this I have installed Android Commander but cannot see where com.wsandroid.apk is I would also like to remove it.

Any help please

you wuld be better to cook a new rom without wave secure in it just do a wipe and flash the new rom

mifran

Hello,

Is there a way to make the back button flash in red instead f green when there is missed event? I think the red light is ore visible in direct sunlight

Thank you

Guest HACKDROID

Thanks Paul and all the guys at modaco for the hard effort you have put in for thezte blade,finally got r4 on and so far it all looks good! had an issue with the udate.zip.zip LOL

Hi Paul,

I baked a custom rom with a2sd, I previously created a ext2 partition using the clockwork partitioning, someone said in another post that this partitioning tool was not working...

Using quick system info it states, regarding a2sd storage, "Information not available" does this mean that a2sd is not working properly?

Thanks

EDIT 1: (If this is not the correct place to talk about this, just let me know)

EDIT 2: I read in another post and using adb shell, I run "a2sd check" and I got "a2sd: not found", is the kitchen running ok? I will create another rom, just to be sure, but can I add the a2sd application afterwards?

Edited by lpinho

Guest flyingscotno1

This is a superb ROM Paul. Great to get that nonsense Orange Stuff off and I perceive the device to be a wee bit faster now and more responsive. Loving the work!

Hi Paul, tried to create a rom with a2sd just to make sure I had the application, now, I'm stuck in the modaco splash... :)

Any advice? Should I create a new rom without a2sd?

Thanks,

L. Pinho

EDIT 1: Tried to create a new rom without the a2sd, same problem, do I have to wipe anything? Format anything? Thanks

EDIT 2: The great difference in this new rom, is that the modaco.com splash flickers from time to time, don't know what this means (just to add more debug information)

EDIT 3: When booting the back button is blinking (red), any clues?

EDIT 4: I wiped, both cache and personal data, now I get the following error after entering the SIM pin, "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.", after data, nothing appears on the screen besides the 3G indicator, the signal gage, the battery meter and the clock (all on the top)... help?

EDIT 5: I gave up and restore to the original Orange... all is running, if any of the experts in this forum have answers for the found problems, or at least something leading to a solution please reply to me, Thanks again

EDIT 6: Installed the Sebastian404 rom, worked ok, although, no a2sd :)

Edited by lpinho

Guest peterwonga

Hello I am new to android. After applying the R4 in the application slot within the task manager. com.orange.... stuff is still appearing although we cant click on it which should be uninstalled right?? I wonder if I can get rid of it...

Hello I am new to android. After applying the R4 in the application slot within the task manager. com.orange.... stuff is still appearing although we cant click on it which should be uninstalled right?? I wonder if I can get rid of it...

I wondered the same and they're just empty directories. I went in and deleted them with android commander.

Guest Just Wondering

Great , i've installed and it all appears to be working.

BUT please , how do i revert the programs installed window to scroll in 2d , without the awful ciruclar type look , i find this really hard to use.

How can i turn this theme off please ....i really dont like it :)

Also please , the text size / font size for program names on the home screen is a bit too big , how do i change this to a smaller font size.

Edited by Just Wondering

Guest Skywrit3r

Great work as usual :)

I held out for about 20h on the stock ROM before I gave up and flashed r4

Only problem I have is the WiFi disconnect problem. WiFi Sleep policy set to "never" doesn't help. I've downloaded WiFi Auto ReEnabler which I hope will hide the symptoms. I'm really hoping for a fix in r5 :)

I'm also wondering if you can make the camera shutter sound optional in some way.