[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest peterwonga
I wondered the same and they're just empty directories. I went in and deleted them with android commander.

I dont know where to delete it in android commander

I dont know where to delete it in android commander

/data/data I'm pretty sure. I backed up before I started screwing around, I'd advise the same and only delete the empty orange related app directories.

Guest peterwonga
/data/data I'm pretty sure. I backed up before I started screwing around, I'd advise the same and only delete the empty orange related app directories.

what do u use to back up the phone

Guest peterwonga

I have tried deleting a few orange app file in /data/data but it seems not solving the problem. They are still appearing in task manager

I have tried deleting a few orange app file in /data/data but it seems not solving the problem. They are still appearing in task manager

I used the clockworkmod and titanium to back up everything.

I'm not sure what to tell you about them still there, have you rebooted or cleaned the cache maybe?

I'm still learning myself, hope that helps though.

Edited by jt_mcg

Just flashed this rom all went smoothly but after checking availble memory it shows 134mb. I remember the stock orange rom showed 162mb.

Shouldn't Paul's rom hv more availble space?

Guest chris54621

Installation

To install this ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery:

* Download the update zip above and copy to your SD card.

* Restart your device in recovery mode (turn on your device with 'Volume Down' held).

* Use the recovery menu to apply the update zip. - ????? (how to do this and where is this menu)

thank you

(how to do this and where is this menu)

thank you

You just posted how to do it! Look at your second bullet point. :)

"turn on your device with 'Volume Down' held"

Edited by asim18

Guest knoedel

Hello,

I was a bit surprised after installing this ROM because the language was automatically set to German without installing 3rd party apps like MoreLocales. I didn’t expect that the ROM supports German language.

I changed the language temporarily back to English. Where do I find the option to switch back to German? There is no option for German listed in the language settings. But why/how was it set to German directly after flashing?

Thanks for your help,

knoedel

Guest gavinhow

Hi, I have flashed this rom and it was working all fine i think. But then recently it has started randomly rebooting.

Maybe i was just too dim to notice it before but it is definately happening now. Any ideas why this may be or is it an installed App?

Guest Gordon Matey

Others in this thread have mentioned the problem with the Wifi connection not coming back on after the phone has been asleep / locked.

This problem really bugged me, so I put together the "Blade Wifi Fix" - you can find it on the Android Market.

I hope it can be of use to others. It has solved the problem for me.

Guest geezer466
Others in this thread have mentioned the problem with the Wifi connection not coming back on after the phone has been asleep / locked.

This problem really bugged me, so I put together the "Blade Wifi Fix" - you can find it on the Android Market.

Seems to be a good solution for me.

Re -connects ok from sleep.

Guest Skywrit3r

Thx Will give this a try

Worked for me thanks.. rated it five stars as that bug was beginning to piss me off.

Guest David_P
Personally i leave auto sync on, if it needs charging it needs charging, but i do leave my phone on 24/7 tho'

I got this phone for my other half and flashed it with Paul's r4. She keeps complaining that it isn't auto syncing and everytime I go look, background sync is on but auto sync isn't so i turn it back on. She never reboots her phone but regularly says it has turned off again. Does anyone have any idea how to stop it un-checking the auto sync check box?

David P

Guest ezablade

I know this has been asked before in this thread, but, there's been no reply.. so.. here goes again.

I've installed the prebaked R4, with extras. Looking at Quick System Info, A2SD storage says "Information not available"

I've partitioned the card with a EXT2 partition, tried on two different SD cards, reflashed the ROM, still no luck. I've made the partition active and primary.

Any ideas anyone???

Guest bunnygirl222
I know this has been asked before in this thread, but, there's been no reply.. so.. here goes again.

I've installed the prebaked R4, with extras. Looking at Quick System Info, A2SD storage says "Information not available"

I've partitioned the card with a EXT2 partition, tried on two different SD cards, reflashed the ROM, still no luck. I've made the partition active and primary.

Any ideas anyone???

I get this message when the phone is connected to the PC via USB but I don't get it when its unplugged. I think its because the SD card isn't available to the phone when its mounted as a drive on the PC. I don't think you need to worry about it. Try unplugging from USB and re-checking...

Guest ezablade
I get this message when the phone is connected to the PC via USB but I don't get it when its unplugged. I think its because the SD card isn't available to the phone when its mounted as a drive on the PC. I don't think you need to worry about it. Try unplugging from USB and re-checking...

USB isn't connected. Thanks.

Guest Skywrit3r

I've tried this since yesterday and it's great. It reconnects WiFi every time :)

Any chance of an app that fixes the original WiFi problem? When WiFi sleep policy is set to never the WiFi connection shouldn't shut down at all.

Guest MIKEYMC

Brilliant bit of software. It actually reconnects quicker then when I switched wifi off and then on again. Thank you very much.