[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Others in this thread have mentioned the problem with the Wifi connection not coming back on after the phone has been asleep / locked.

This problem really bugged me, so I put together the "Blade Wifi Fix" - you can find it on the Android Market.

I hope it can be of use to others. It has solved the problem for me.

legendary - when was this done? why isn't there an announcement about it?

legendary - when was this done? why isn't there an announcement about it?

It was done a couple days ago.. and the dev announced it here; Maybe it should be added to kitchen

At first i`m really happy with this rom, everything runs very smoothly apart from two little problems. I haven`t read all 44 pages so pls don`t kill me if this has already been asked before.

1. Bluetooth doaesn`t work. I can turn it on, but my zte won`t recognized of any other bluetooth device.

2. I forgot to include A2SD. Is there a way to install it afterwards? The market says I need 2.2.

Guest The Governor

Hi,

I've just order an SF - I've been browsing around the various guides and was wondering is there a guide that describes the process of rooting the phone and applying the custom ROM as an end to end process?

Paul's video is great, but it doesn't explain where to get the various files/installers from and each of the guides only seems to have some of the information, which might simply be my lack of familiarity, but as far as I can tell there isn't one page that links to all the bits and pieces you need.

I can see other people are doing it, so I'm quite prepared to accept I'm being a cretin, if some kind soul would take pity on an Android Noob and point me in the right direction...?

Guest Ash1008

Governer, this should help you out a bit.#

LINK

I agree, it's very frustrating. Whilst the OP's post is obviously great, it lacks a few essential details which the n00b needs.

I am still in the process of working this out, but I get this error message when I try to boot up the R4. 'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

No idea what to do from here... Any advice folks? :)

Guest twatter
heres the guide from start to finish...

installing the modaco custom rom from scratch and other roms

reply to that thread if you have any issues

I had some issues with apps and various menus not work etc....it was all down to this.........

A section extracted from the above guide.......

"When upgrading to a new ROM - especially if you are moving from another Custom ROM it is recommended to wipe the data/factory & cache partitions to prevent any potential issues.

This can be done in Step 3 (in the Clockwork Mod recovery menu) - When moving from MoDaCo r3 - r4 - a cache wipe should be enough - skip the data/factory wipe."

All is now fine... I hope this helps some others

Edited by twatter

I can't access the recovery screen. I'm not sure why, it justh hangs on the green android. Strange. The phone loads fine and if I so chose, I could just leave it and carry on. However, I really want to use my SDcard and I can't do the whole mounting thing without the recovery menu. I'm also getting quite a few 'Force Close' errors and Task Manager doesn't let me view the resources tab at all, just force closes. Would the two problems be linked?

Edited by bigisy

Guest orionthehunter

I have the Oct r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM installed just fine but for some reason I don't have 'Live Wallpapers' option anymore, I wonder is there a Zip file I can install to the phone which will just add this option via clockwork recovery ? and if so could someone please post a link to the Live wallpaper/ addon .

Understand it's an option in the online kitchen/bakes but being skint I can't afford membership just yet.

Tia and sorry to be a pain. :)

Guest firedup

Hi

I am currently running the 2.2 alpha ROM but would like to try this r4 ROM. Do i need to reflash stock before I can flash r4 or can I just flash straight from 2.2 alpha to r4?

Guest merlin617
Hi

I am currently running the 2.2 alpha ROM but would like to try this r4 ROM. Do i need to reflash stock before I can flash r4 or can I just flash straight from 2.2 alpha to r4?

I changed from R4 free to R4 custom bake and just added the rom to my SD and flashed as normal. Paul does say that you do not need to clear the cache to install so it should be as simple as it was for me. I did'nt even need to re-install the other apps I had from the market.

Guest firedup
I changed from R4 free to R4 custom bake and just added the rom to my SD and flashed as normal. Paul does say that you do not need to clear the cache to install so it should be as simple as it was for me. I did'nt even need to re-install the other apps I had from the market.

thanks, worked a treat

Guest firedup
Having previously noticed how quickly the phone got a GPS lock, I too am now finding that GPS lock is slow - especially with Copilot. I am too on R4.

Is there a fix for GPS issue yet? I tried usng google satnav and gave up trying to get a fix after 5 minutes. Is this a common problem?

Not having any luck in getting the APps2sd working. Tried partitioning the SD in the clockwork recovery mode and I get errors. DO I have to wipe it first in recovery then partition or is it supposed to work regardless?

Finally didit I think. Used Gparted to manually create the partitions. 1 FAT32 partition at 6.44GB and 1 ext2 at 1GB . If I understood everything correctly, I can only use a maximum of 1gb as ext 2 for the apps2sd right? Is there a way to find out what is stored onto the card and not the phone?

I know it's working because I went into the phones memory.Sdcard memory setting and it listed the phnoe as having 146mb after I'd installed a load of items.

Guest Adrian Smith
Using R4

When you try to connect to a wifi spot that is wpa2 eap it seems to force close

process com.android.settings has stopped unexpectedly.

how can I fix this?

Add the wifi connection manually, then wpa2 eap works.

I had a hellish time. After getting it working, I repartitioned my SD card, and it all broke. Then I discovered how to manually mount the SD card, and ran a2sd reinstall which moved everything over. Then the phone rebooted, and just hung at the Modaco logo. What was bad, was that I had deleted my nandroid backup, though it prompted me to fork out for kitchen access. I baked an A2SD ROM, and flashed it, and magically it worked :rolleyes:. Plus, I'm happier now I've contributed something to Paul for the site.

P.s. after 5 years, 7 months, 11 days I've made 100 posts!

Finally didit I think. Used Gparted to manually create the partitions. 1 FAT32 partition at 6.44GB and 1 ext2 at 1GB . If I understood everything correctly, I can only use a maximum of 1gb as ext 2 for the apps2sd right? Is there a way to find out what is stored onto the card and not the phone?

I know it's working because I went into the phones memory.Sdcard memory setting and it listed the phnoe as having 146mb after I'd installed a load of items.

Edited by goatee