[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I mean how can I use my current apps on new rom

I don't think you can, you need to install them again. If you use something like appbrain to sync to web first and then sync back after then its not to bad though.

Guest Ralph Martin
I don't think you can, you need to install them again. If you use something like appbrain to sync to web first and then sync back after then its not to bad though.

You can back them up with Titanium Backup, then use it to put them back.

Have Just got new white San Fran. Custom ROMs have weird colours. re installed stock ROM (08 TFT+OLED) it now looks OK. I didn't check ROM details so am guessing this model is TFT, if it is their a stock ROM for these models?

Guest ramper77
Have Just got new white San Fran. Custom ROMs have weird colours. re installed stock ROM (08 TFT+OLED) it now looks OK. I didn't check ROM details so am guessing this model is TFT, if it is their a stock ROM for these models?

It's only for OLED at the moment.....clearly says that on thread title. Apparently there should a TFT version sometime soon.

Thanks guys for the all.

I've installed alpha3.. all are working in phone

But when i connect to my PC, i'm not able to install any of the usb_driver.

Its still showing not able to find the driver.

Still showing not able to install zte hsusb driver.

Guest Baphomet08

Hello.

I'm having problem with these ROMs.

Before the installation, mobile phone functions perfectly, but after i installed one ROM (the latest), i'm having problem with volume down button.

When i boot the phone everything is fine, but after the screen locks, volume down key functions wrong (sometimes doen't response, others mute the phone automatically).

Volume up key functions always fine.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks, I'm desperate.

PS: I have put the original backup from Orange, and the problem persists (i don't think that is a hardware problem, because hours ago, everything was fine).

Guest randal24
This is now installable using ClockworkMod 2.5.1.3 (from the kitchen). Prebakes will be updated with compatability shortly.

P

Paul,

What was done to fix the 2.5.1.3 install error about raw_write_image with boot.img? Seeing the same error on the Desire for another ROM using 2.5.1.3 and was wondering if it was the same problem.

Cheers

Does this have the normal lock screen or the pendulum lock screen.

Really necessary to quote the original post, 50 pages in?

Can some1 help me? I flash r4-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed.zip as stable 1 rom. But unfortunally i don't understand how to enable A2SD (Ext2 512MB partition is exist on my SD-card). And Skype is speak out via external speaker. How to fix this 2 problems?

Guest BGakaSpLaT
Just so everyone knows (and to save heartache and stress) you can't use Darktremor A2SD with r4. Just bake A2SD into the ROM when building and use that version instead.

Well, i'm happy to tell you thats not true :unsure:... the problem is that Pauls pre-baked R4 does not have an auto-mount script for the ext-partition included, so the phone always gets stuck at the modaco-bootscreen after you installed darktremors a2sd (and repartitionated your sd-card of course).

Now there are two options:

1. manually mount the ext-partition via adb on every phone-boot... not so good.

2. inject an ext-auto-mount script ("40a2sd") in "\system\etc\init.d"... et voila, darktremor a2sd working perfectly on Pauls pre-baked R4 (at least for me B)).

Guest swukjay

Hi just wanted to point out that im sick of idiots like this one http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/upgrade-you...-versions/1898/ trying to take credit for developers hard work by post install guides and roms that were originally posted by people like steve harper and paul and sebastion and not giving credit or kudos and making it out to be their own idea and work!!! this is not acceptable and is downright rude please go and post you anger like vi did but beware the coward probably wont post you comment... rant over!

Guest krasenk

Hi guys. I'm using MCR without additions and I have the following problem. My default launcher is LauncherPro Plus and when I wake up the phone with the turn key it becomes unresponsive (working very slow) for 5-10 seconds. It behaves as it wakes up from hibernation. After that it works fine. Someone else experiencing the same thing? Is there any way to avoid this 5-10 seconds lagging?

Guest kevbrm

Hi, has anyone had any issues with predictive text on using r3? Every time I try using it the keypad closes and won't type, works fine with predictive turned off.

Cheers

Hi, has anyone had any issues with predictive text on using r3? Every time I try using it the keypad closes and won't type, works fine with predictive turned off.

Cheers

I've not had any issues with predicitve text on r4. Maybe update and see if it helps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:P

I was so keen to try 2.2 on my Sanfran that I paid for Premier membership so as to get a personalised baked rom ...

and what a complete disaster it was for me !

I used r4 through the kitchen at the start of the thread, and swiftly got exactly the rom I fancied.

having repeatedly read (and printed out) the tutorials, done a partition etc, I got clockwork on fine then made a backup.

I know I did not make any mistakes, but when the rom was installed I had multiple problems.

1. initial boot was quite slow (didn't worry me) ..

but subsequent boots were up to 3 mins, with occassional lockups at the Modaco screen.

2. there was no Market app and the Filer did not work, and so I couldn't install anything at all, even from my own saved apps !

3. It could not see nor Import any Contacts from my Simcard.

4. so I decided to abandon, and begger me if clockword couldn't restore - it said no files found.

fortunately the factory restore through clockword did work and I am now back on a stable Orange v2.1 setup.

I have done many reflashes from XDA on my old winMobile phones in the past, but this was my first root with Modaco.

the whole experience has been very off-putting .... can I trust any roms on here ?

Edited by carkev

I'm still struggling here, but refuse to be beaten !

I did try Paul's r12 but it just kept looping on the Modaco screen.

then I tried Jellyfish r9 as according to the poll it has most users, but that keep looping on the word 'android' screen.

(in all my attempts I had wiped cache in clockwork and rebooted)

here's the rub though - obviously these roms work - so it must be something I am doing wrong.

I have tried all day again with this- initially with my sdcard formatted and partitioned on my PC.

roms in a subfolder, and with all my personal stuff still on.

then I tried with just the roms in root of newly formatted card ... all to no avail. then I did format and partitioning through clockwork, and still no joy.

however, when I did a recovery back to Orange 2.1 in clockwork I did notice that recovery stated that it was

'wiping boot' (or something) before continuing .... I did not notice this when installing the zips ... so-

is is possible that if I use clockworks advanced modes to format all the areas (boot/system/data) that I may succeed ?

I fancy this option since the looping is just like a PC not booting, and a reformat/install of XP usually sorts it.

what's stopping me at the moment is the concern that if I get too aggressive that i might not get back to v2.1 again.

any advice would be really appreciated

Guest targetbsp

You need to wipe (not format) the cache AND data from clockworks main menu, not just the cache, or the rom will either crash lots or fail to boot. If you use Recovery Manager - you can just tick the box.

Edited by targetbsp

thanks for that ...

my lack of knowledge with clockwork is the culprit !

I had only been wiping cache, but not taking the data/factory reset option also.

the only time I did do that was when I gave up with the roms and reset back to Orange.

I can only get around to it tomorrow afternoon and will get back with how I get on.

You need to wipe (not format) the cache AND data from clockworks main menu, not just the cache, or the rom will either crash lots or fail to boot. If you use Recovery Manager - you can just tick the box.

:P

fantastic !! ... it all worked fine .. I cannot thank you enough for your help

I first got Paul's rom on, then tried the Jellyfish also .. both went on fine and really quickly.

some problems with Jellyfish though as my Toggle Screen Timeout app keeps crashing,

and more worryingly my pukka version of Copilot Live 8 won't run. (it installs, but complains about Libraries and stalls)

I may put a query on this in the Jellyfish posting, but first will put Paul's r12 on again and hopefully it will run them.

again I must point out that my inexperience with clockwork was the problem, and not the roms,

so thanks again to yourself for putting me right, and for all the work the skilled rom makers do, whilst suffering idiots like me.

(such a pity that I avoided the clockword option of 'wipe data/factory reset' thinking it would restore the Orange 2.1)

regards,

Kevin

• 1 year later...
Guest mifran

Dear Paul please help my wife has had this rom on her san francisco since you released it and now the market has stopped downloading anything not even the updates it just sticks on "starting download" but the download never actually starts

Our relationship is suffering because she is a games addict and cannot get any games or even updates for any apps

mifran