[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I pushed the apns-conf.xml which I was using with my pulse to my phone and it works ok. Might be worth adding it to the next release of the SanFran rom so everyone unlocked has working 3G out of the box?

apns_conf.zip

It has a lot of networks in it :lol:

How do I get those settings onto the phone please? Im on XP, if that matters.

Ive put them on the SD card but there is no option to use them?

Many thanks.

Guest robbiej91

Hey guys,

Firstly thankyou for all the helpful advice everybody has been posting...

I'm a bit stuck on what to do next;

i've downloaded all the appropriate files to flash it but when i follow the instructions it says ""< waiting for devices > even though the phone is plugged in, now I think this is due to the problem of no driver being installed. So i've been trying for like an hour to download and get a driver working with no sucess, i'm on vista and it just doesn't seem to work :S any help would be much appreciated.

Guest scottp24

Iv flashed the phone and have the superuser icon, but when i put the 'mcri-system.tar.gz' downloaded rom onto the sd card and reboot the device no upgrade is done it just comes on as normal with all the orange junk still on, am I doing something wrong?

Guest donkey523

hi just got a zte blade after previously using a pulse.

just installed the custom rom on my blade using my eee 701 pc. I needed to slightly modify the commands to flash the mcri.

in the terminal, after downloading and extracting the files as instructed

chmod +x fastboot-linux

then

./ fastboot-linux flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img

then

./fastboot-llinux reboot

then copy the tar.gz file to the sd card rename and reboot and it was done

Guest mamboboy

Got this phone today, but things have gone pearshaped after installing this custom rom. I hope I haven't bricked it on day 1! :lol:

Basically I've done exactly as described, but the phone is stuck on the orange logo. I checked the SD cards contents and it seems something has at least happened (new folders/filename that says FLASHED). But it's just not working...

It's now been stuck on the orange logo for 20-25 minutes with no sign of booting?

Could somebody please help, I want my phone back lol

P.s. the filename is definitely mcri-system.tar.gz when I copy it over (I verified the full extension in command prompt).

Could I just remove this bootloader and go back to the original ROM? My biggest fear is it's bricked :/

Edited by mamboboy

Guest scottp24

Iv flashed the phone and have the superuser icon, but when i put the 'mcri-system.tar.gz' downloaded rom onto the sd card and reboot the device no upgrade is done it just comes on as normal with all the orange junk still on, am I doing something wrong?

Guest robbiej91

Ok so i am a total noob. I've done the first bit and downloaded the file, renamed it etc...but how do you actually access the SD card on the phone to copy the files into? Do i just copy it into removable disk (e:)?

thansk

Guest RavemasterX
Got this phone today, but things have gone pearshaped after installing this custom rom. I hope I haven't bricked it on day 1! B)

Basically I've done exactly as described, but the phone is stuck on the orange logo. I checked the SD cards contents and it seems something has at least happened (new folders/filename that says FLASHED). But it's just not working...

It's now been stuck on the orange logo for 20-25 minutes with no sign of booting?

Could somebody please help, I want my phone back lol

P.s. the filename is definitely mcri-system.tar.gz when I copy it over (I verified the full extension in command prompt).

Could I just remove this bootloader and go back to the original ROM? My biggest fear is it's bricked :/

Don't panic, it's very unlikely that you've bricked the phone. This has just happened to me; I didn't bother verifying the first file I downloaded as I've never had problems before- but it seems it was corrupt somehow! I've just got DigestIT on the case of the second download, and that one seems correct. So I'm going to have another go.

You've flashed a bad ROM by the sounds of it (like me) but the bootloader should be fully functional allowing you to flash another ROM:).

Edit: seems to be working now :lol: .

Edited by RavemasterX

Guest steve1221

If you've winrar installed you may have the same problem I had. You'll have the file ending in .gz twice but windows will hid the extension. Take off the last .gz you can see and reboot the phone, is if it flashes then.

Guest mamboboy
Don't panic, it's very unlikely that you've bricked the phone. This has just happened to me; I didn't bother verifying the first file I downloaded as I've never had problems before- but it seems it was corrupt somehow! I've just got DigestIT on the case of the second download, and that one seems correct. So I'm going to have another go.

You've flashed a bad ROM by the sounds of it (like me) but the bootloader should be fully functional allowing you to flash another ROM:).

Edit: seems to be working now :lol: .

Alright. I tried DigestIT, but it doesn't seem to work for me (win 7 64-bit). I was using Chrome to download, and tried it 3 times over. I installed a download manager now and see if I get any luck there B)

Guest scottp24
If you've winrar installed you may have the same problem I had. You'll have the file ending in .gz twice but windows will hid the extension. Take off the last .gz you can see and reboot the phone, is if it flashes then.

i just extracted using windows extract feature

Guest mamboboy

Just wanted to say RavemasterX - you legend!

For anyone having problems with it sticking at the Orange screen - don't download the ROM with Google Chrome/Firefox. Use Internet Explorer. I've been trying for the past 4 hours to fix this and that's what done it.

So glad it's done now, but the underside of my forefinger and thumb nails are killing from removing the battery cover so much!

Edited by mamboboy

Guest maverick6378

Hi all,

Anyone having trouble with wifi?, I've rooted and installed the new rom but when the phone locks it loses the wifi signal and I have to turn off and on again to get an I.P. I have checked never sleep in the advanced wifi menu also.

Any ideas?, it didnt do it prior to installing the rom?, don't really want to go back to orange rom as this rom is much better.

I've also noticed some jerky scrolling and some freezing when typing on the keyboard, ive installed the following apps so far and have a couple of questions at the end

Ad task killer

barcode scanner

beeb anywhere

compass

F1 timing

facebook

ferrari wallpapers

fikie wallpapers

gvSIG Maps

talking tom free

rom manager 1.8.4.1 - don't know really what this does

setcpu 1.4.3 - would love to overclock slightly but not experienced enough yet

unistaller

world newspapers

world cams

transdriod

my player

ringdroid

and a few other wallpapers.

Also would like to ask the members is there anyway of installing straight onto SD card from pc or alternatively installing from apk from SD to SD?.

Is there an app to make the HTC clock in Sense clock smaller?

What is superuser for?

If I update to an 8 or 16gb card is it better to have a class 4 or 6 will this help my phone run faster?, or is it unnecessary

Final question sorry to be a pain what is the kernal for?

Thanks guys

Guest RavemasterX

I think it's a problem with the file server. Verify the file using the MD5 checksum to be sure!

Edited by RavemasterX

Guest countrylad

Morning all. I'm liking the Blade a lot. All credit to Paul, his root+rom demo video was excellent. Got it all done within an hour of buying the phone from Orange!

My only glitch so far, like a previous poster, is the failure of wi-fi to re-connect after the phone locks. There's probably an app to handle it, but it would be nice for it to behave properly without resorting to that. Is this a common problem?

Guest Blasphemous
hi managed to root the phone but cant get custom rom to install despite renaming file ext.can a flashed rom be uploaded please,thanks

Yep same problem I've got! Any idea guys?

Guest Blasphemous
what a noob am i :lol:

was trying to change the extension of the download to mcri-system-blade-mcr-r2.tar.gz/ mcri-system-blade-mcr-r2.tar instead of reading the OP that the whole download should just be renamed "mcri-system.tar.gz" as soon as did it off an running in a flash

Thanks Paul

Hope my mistake helps somebody else

Thanks to mario999 for the syntax for cd prompt

Ah! That might be my problem. Will let you know. Thanks

Guest Blasphemous

Nope! Tried changing the name to mcri-system.tar.gz but it still boots normally!!!

I have installed Superuser as per the first step in the video but it's this file that the phone doesn't seem to see on the SD Card!

I'm obviously missing something but God knows what!