[ROM] MIUI Liquid 11.05 (v0.7)

Guest koudelka

Guest Esotericrj

So Ive been following these forums for the past month now and have started jumping from one ROM to next and MIUI is my favorite for sure! I actually like texting again with this ROM because of its response.

I am have some issues that i just wanted to check if anyone else was having or new a fix:

Im on a Liquid E

Issues ive noticed:

1. Random lock ups, mostly at the lock screen.

2. Wifi is working but wont connect, Says "disconnected" after attempting every time

3. Touch screen has random spazzes and go wild jumping up and down selecting links randomly

I had been running the stock Eclair bin that was on the phone with MIUI ROM but as of last night updated to Froyo latest bin (Acer_LiquidE_4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.04) and will try MIUI and see how it takes.

Most importantly, Thank you! for this port, its awesome and am loving my phone thanks to this community and its programmers!

EDIT:

Re flashed with new ROM everything seems to be working great now ! :)

Edited by Esotericrj

If you are referring to me, I just asked you what you are missing. never suggested the rom had no problems... I did however say that the english translation is almost 100% wich is true..

I am sorry the rom does not meet your needs, I did my best.

LOL, I was just asking you (as you asked what I was missing) if those were working as -for the first post- I understand some weren´t and some guy barsomething that was out of the conversation was "releasing the dogs" on me.

Your work was great and congratulations for it (and all others who contributed), it is not suitable (yet) for me but I hope you manage to correct all those problems.

I just don´t stand those "kiss ass" guys... LOL

I have a Froyo Acer_LiquidE_4.002.02_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.04 leak bin flashed, flashed the cm 6.1 and I had no sd support. I know the problem there, that my sd should not have an extention. But the problem is when I flashed this ROM, I got the endless boot loop. People here have used it under that bin, and was at least able to see it, not on my case.

thanks

Edited by joos

Guest weizz™

flashing complete, boot ok, ui very great! performance is fast n smooth, i loved it..

but, i have one problem and that make this rom useless for me,, unfortunately my sd card not detected! my phone said, the sd card is not support or unformatted.

how to fix it?

im using 8gb class 2 ( i think the main problem is my sd card class ).

Guest akira.pwr
flashing complete, boot ok, ui very great! performance is fast n smooth, i loved it..

but, i have one problem and that make this rom useless for me,, unfortunately my sd card not detected! my phone said, the sd card is not support or unformatted.

how to fix it?

im using 8gb class 2 ( i think the main problem is my sd card class ).

Have any partition on your sd card? Did you done apps2sd?

Guest PhilNelwyn

In the FIRST post (the one you read first) :

Working:

Camera for photos

Wifi

3G - data and calling

2G

Bluetooth (but hard to pair/connect)

Included english translation

Market included, and other Google apps like maps and youtube

Default language changed to English

Led lights (thanks phh!)

Uses phh Kernel so overclock is working! (thanks phh!)

Included spareparts

Included HTC_MOD and stock android 2.2 keyboard.

Not working

Logcat :)((

Camcorder (and hard to fix because no logcat)

Light sensor

Proximity sensor

Haptic feedback

Your question :

Are these working?

- Camcorder

- Light sensor

- Proximity sensor

- Haptic feedback

- Facebook

- Froyo Tethering

I use all of them

70% of the answer was in the OP.

some guy barsomething that was out of the conversation was "releasing the dogs" on me.

[...]

I just don´t stand those "kiss ass" guys... LOL

No one is "out of the conversation", it's not private.

I understand this guy, and at least he remained polite.

Let's keep our composure, fellows.

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest weizz™
Have any partition on your sd card? Did you done apps2sd?

yes, i have 3 partition, swap, ext2 and fat32.. im not using app2sd.

and after i'm apply app2sd from malez, i've got bootloop on my phone.. so i replace battery, n tryin to get into recovery mode, but then my screen blank after vibrating..

i cannot get into recovery mode, but the phone still can wake up on bootloop,,

help me..

Edit* after 10 minute, i can get into recovery mode,, so im restoring my old ROM.. i think i just wait for more stable version for this ROM..

Edited by weizz™

Guest dragonhk

HIHI... Since this rom (and some other rom) is lack of drive for some compoenment (camera, sensor etc), i wonder if it will shorten the life of mobile?

In the FIRST post (the one you read first) :

Your question :

70% of the answer was in the OP.

No one is "out of the conversation", it's not private.

I understand this guy, and at least he remained polite.

Let's keep our composure, fellows.

I always been polite and if I didn´t read the first post (which was not the case, I made the question due the cooker answered "what are you missing" and if the post is saying a bunch of things it´s natural you think the first post is not updated thus my question) the one who should answer "read the first post" was who create the thread. That guy bar... to answer that, it´s better not to answer at all, if he was not going to answer any question why bother?

Well back to the topic, I didn´t come to Modaco to socialize LOL

Guest PhilNelwyn

+1

Is the lockscreen of MIUI an app that could be ported to other roms ? I like it a lot.

And also the "top bar" option for battery indicator.

Guest koudelka
I always been polite and if I didn´t read the first post (which was not the case, I made the question due the cooker answered "what are you missing" and if the post is saying a bunch of things it´s natural you think the first post is not updated thus my question) the one who should answer "read the first post" was who create the thread. That guy bar... to answer that, it´s better not to answer at all, if he was not going to answer any question why bother?

I was asking so I can know what to prioritize to fix, or provide you with work around solution if there is one. Since you seem to miss all equally I cant help you much.. and there for I did not answer (since that information was already in first post)

yes, i have 3 partition, swap, ext2 and fat32.. im not using app2sd.

it wont work with ext2 partition (I dont know about having swap, have not tried that)

Edited by koudelka

Guest TheShak
I was asking so I can know what to prioritize to fix, or provide you with work around solution if there is one. Since you seem to miss all equally I cant help you much.. and there for I did not answer (since that information was already in first post)

it wont work with ext2 partition (I dont know about having swap, have not tried that)

I've been switching between this and CM6.1 and this one has far few issues with it, except the battery drain. However i've noticed that the battery drain does slow down as you use this... so overall it's not that bad.

It's the fastest user experience I've had to date.

Foe me the issues are:-

1. Wifi Tethering option to work

2. Light/proximity sensor

3. Removal ot Chinese characters around the address book /dialler etc.

Great effort

Cheers

Guest TheShak
Today quadrant gave me 1000 at 768Mhz :)

that's excellent!

How are you doing with blue tooth? I've tried to connect to the ICE via Bluetooth but alas it could not connect.... Another thing to fix if poss.

thanks

Guest akira.pwr
that's excellent!

How are you doing with blue tooth? I've tried to connect to the ICE via Bluetooth but alas it could not connect.... Another thing to fix if poss.

thanks

I don't use bluetooth for now, so I don't know if it works or not.. sorry.

Guest weizz™
Hi guys and gals,

Here's what I've come across using this wonderful port...with an excellent UI speed and smooth flow.

Flashed on Acer_LiquidE_4.503.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.03.bin with Malez 0.6 using Mission Impossible UI (MIUI) V0.3 with V0.3.1 update applied - English

This is not an exhaustive list... to story so far...

1. Settings -> SD Card & Phone storage = FC

2. Sometimes get SIM unlock network message twice, even though on the first one the SIM is unlocked so just pressed cancel on 2nd request.

3. Bit’s of Chinese here and there, e.g. Two apps on the main screen one looks like a Folder (I believe you can change the name) and the other looks like app with a green up arrow – don’t know what that is.. Also in the dialler when entering a new number the options to add or search contacts are in Chinese...

4. Wi-Fi Tether option fails with an error, then when trying to go back to using normal Wi-Fi (it keeps on trying to activate but gets stuck in a loop) – so you have to reboot to get to using Wi-Fi

5. Market, 3G, Data, Flash, Superuser etc. all work great! No automatic reboots etc.

So, pretty stable and useable for normal use

Cheers

exactly!!,, same bin same problem with me...

and i want to add some bug about wifi,, it cause phone reboot sometimes when i turn off wifi ( with small ! logo in wifi switch, if i lost signal of my access point).

I have listened that on next friday there will be an update. Is it real ?

Good work !! Without some bugs this rom is fantastic. It colud be the best in the Liquid world.

Cheers

:)

Guest Dinmamma
I have listened that on next friday there will be an update. Is it real ?

Good work !! Without some bugs this rom is fantastic. It colud be the best in the Liquid world.

Cheers

:)

I think so, i recall reading on miui.com that OTA updates will come every friday. However the update that was supposed to have come last week was pushed forward 1 week because of chineese hollidays if i remember correctly :) So yeah, we should expect an update this friday =)

One bug;

When I've 2 homescreens and one of them is empty and goes to my empty homescreen everything badword up and I can't change homescreen. I have to go to add-widgets-thingy and press the homescreen with apps/folders/widgets and things.

I'd like that to be fixed to the next update.. It's rather annoying.

*edit*

And those random reboots..

Edited by Splux

Guest mmoelli
One bug;

When I've 2 homescreens and one of them is empty and goes to my empty homescreen everything badword up and I can't change homescreen. I have to go to add-widgets-thingy and press the homescreen with apps/folders/widgets and things.

I'd like that to be fixed to the next update.. It's rather annoying.

*edit*

And those random reboots..

i'm still using v0.2 and never had a random reboot. perhaps it's caused by an app, which is incompatible with the combination A1/Miui. the only thing, which is annoying me is the camera which is not working with bar code scanners and only supports 3M..

i'm still using v0.2 and never had a random reboot. perhaps it's caused by an app, which is incompatible with the combination A1/Miui. the only thing, which is annoying me is the camera which is not working with bar code scanners and only supports 3M..

I have't used this for over a week now, but if i remeber correctly, my camera worked wounderful.

Well, the reboots is when I turn off wifi, and that's a known bug. I was stressed when I wrote it, so I wasn't that clear I noticed now:p