[ROM] MIUI Liquid 11.05 (v0.7)

Guest koudelka

Wow, speed of this ROM is amazing since latest update and it looks wonderful too!

If someone manages to fix the poor battery life when Wifi is ON it will be awesome.

Great job koud :)

Fantastic, I like very much the new UI!

The settings app crashes when I tap on SDcard and phone storage, the battery drains a lot but is very usable and interesting.

Guest shineallstar
Fantastic, I like very much the new UI!

The settings app crashes when I tap on SDcard and phone storage, the battery drains a lot but is very usable and interesting.

I tap on "SDcard and phone storage" error "... has stopped unexpectedly..." but no important with it, To remain no error with everything

(flashed on 05.01.05 )

Rom great,fast,smooth,beautyful.

Contacts not have select all (Convenient delete all)

Diler great, i like it

But the battery drains a lot ^^!

Guest grooltor

I have some MAJOR issues with this (beautiful) ROM. I can't send SMS nor phone to home (not mobile) numbers... my provider is WIND Italy, never had problems with other ROMs. It happened on 0.3, still present in 0.4 :) Any ideas?

Guest koudelka
I have some MAJOR issues with this (beautiful) ROM. I can't send SMS nor phone to home (not mobile) numbers... my provider is WIND Italy, never had problems with other ROMs. It happened on 0.3, still present in 0.4 :) Any ideas?

Check APN settings? to see that they are correct

Guest grooltor
Check APN settings? to see that they are correct

No problem with internet connection, only with sms and fixed numbers... tried to wipe dialer and sms data with TB, still no luck...

Guest mmoelli
so you mean that the first rom that vache published had 5mpix?

i dont know, bc i never tried that. but im using v0.2 til now and its just capable of 3M

Guest danyel980

Rom fantastic! I hope the bug will be resolved soon ...

I would ask you how you can create a pack to update the Italian language, I offer volunteer to translate if I explained how to do ... thanks in advance

Guest TheShak

So far very good except the battery life seems a bit short. I plan to let it run out to see how far it goes during normal use... Also the English translations are much better than before :)

What do you guys think about this Mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=799737 will it work on the Acer or is it only for Nexus? I'm not sure if it's a full Rom or an themed upgrade.

Might give it a go to see what happens....

Thanks

Edited by TheShak

I'm not sure if anyone knows, but apparently there is a photo capture shortcut when you press menu + volume down. This is currently not completely functional: it creates jpg files (you can see them in the gallery) but they are 0 Kb and empty.

This would be very useful for times when want to capture the moment quickly and don't have time to wait for the camera app to initialise etc. It'll be great if someone can make it work. Thanks !

A little tip for the battery life.

Disable Wifi when you don't need it or when you don't use your phone. Battery life is greatly improved that way.

It's a common bug for all the ROM's using phh's fix. Unfortunately looks like phh is kinda busy since he doesn't post very often these days.

Hope he'll come back and try to fix the remaining bugs, it's not because Acer released leaks that his project is useless :)

EDIT: BTW koud, I have the problem with the tonality not working when I call someone, it works on the Froyo leaks and the 2.100 Eclair bin, is there a way to fix that there? Thanks

Edited by bais

Guest TheShak
A little tip for the battery life.

Disable Wifi when you don't need it or when you don't use your phone. Battery life is greatly improved that way.

It's a common bug for all the ROM's using phh's fix. Unfortunately looks like phh is kinda busy since he doesn't post very often these days.

Hope he'll come back and try to fix the remaining bugs, it's not because Acer released leaks that his project is useless :)

EDIT: BTW koud, I have the problem with the tonality not working when I call someone, it works on the Froyo leaks and the 2.100 Eclair bin, is there a way to fix that there? Thanks

Confirmed re:Wifi, With WiFi disabled I've got 1% used after 2 hours of idle time without any taskillers and all standard apps loaded on boot up...

Thanks for the tip.

Guest TheShak
Does the battery drain tip only count for WIFI or 3G as well?

Just WiFi in my case, I've got 3g/2g data on all the time...

Edited by TheShak

Just tried to push koud's CM 6.1:

libcamera.so

libcameraservice.so

libcamera_client.so

To see if video camera works.

The phone booted (with Acer's it bootlooped) but camcorder didn't work with Acer's Camera.apk (FC when selecting camcorder, photocamera works) CM 6.1 Camera.apk (plain FC when opening the app) and FRF91 apk (FC when trying to capture a video).

Wonder if it's possible to make camcorder work, since with CM 6.1 libs it boots.

Edited by bais

Guest koudelka
Just tried to push koud's CM 6.1:

libcamera.so

libcameraservice.so

libcamera_client.so

To see if video camera works.

The phone booted (with Acer's it bootlooped) but camcorder didn't work with Acer's Camera.apk (FC when selecting camcorder, photocamera works) CM 6.1 Camera.apk (plain FC when opening the app) and FRF91 apk (FC when trying to capture a video).

Wonder if it's possible to make camcorder work, since with CM 6.1 libs it boots.

the camera libs are not from CM, its from Acer but with compiled reverseengeneered libcamera from phh. you can probably notice the modify dates are different on them compared to other libs

edit, to be clear, camera is working using the same libs on both miui and cm6.1

Edited by koudelka

@koudelka . If i'd understood well with new last version the logcat is ready. So can you solve the bugs of draining battery and camera working? I think those are the major bugs, there are also proximity sensor and backlight, but those are minor. I think that you can solve definitively and give us the best rom i've never seen .

I believe in you !!!

Good job. We are all with you. :)