Rom request

Guest urphonesux

Guest JeremyGNJ
COuld someone please make a rom that is completely lite.

One that has no 3rd party apps already installed only reg tweaks?

I recommend AMDZero's ZeroStock ROM. It's pretty close to a base ROM but with all the nonsense Verizon Apps removed.

Very stable for me, I only add minimal apps to it, such as S2U2, Facebook, PocketBreeze, PocketWeather and some games. Does everythign I need without a bunch of buggy apps to make things messy.

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...920-23569-dc23/

COuld someone please make a rom that is completely lite.

One that has no 3rd party apps already installed only reg tweaks?

Easier said than done my friend. Samsung has implemented a lot of things in a way that makes it dependent on proprietary software. For instance, the samsung message dialogs come from a file called cameramsgbox.exe so you need it. And you can't capture video/send it mms without touch player installed.

Guest urphonesux

yeah i noticed from looking around in the registry that the touchplayer is pretty much the brain of this device,so that is ok

but what would be cool is basically a stock rom

but the today screen can be left blank

no overclock

no taskbar nothing

just plain vanilla

no custom dialer

etc than we could see how much memory we could actually free up on this device and then test different pagepools to find the optimal settings for speed.

yeah i noticed from looking around in the registry that the touchplayer is pretty much the brain of this device,so that is ok

but what would be cool is basically a stock rom

but the today screen can be left blank

no overclock

no taskbar nothing

just plain vanilla

no custom dialer

etc than we could see how much memory we could actually free up on this device and then test different pagepools to find the optimal settings for speed.

Well ZeroStock 1.1 has the today screen, standard icons AND taskbar, No custom dialer (does has the switcher to go from samsung dialer to winmo stock dialer) and it does have touchplayer. Thats as close as I came to a "vanilla" rom.

Guest Steel Reign

I suppose I could work on this, I am very good at hex editing and modifying assembly. So I might be able to get rid of the dependencies on these things. I'm about to start cooking again. I'm going to release about 5-6 roms soon based on different things.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest urphonesux
do you mean a DG21 ZeroStock?

actually just version 2 of the lite rom but i personally dont need a preinstalled

today interface

task manager

game

overclock tool

battclock

orientation

marketplace!!

its just that i already have apps that do those things better or i can install them to my sd card or just go with the default