Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

i don't know. I was rooted before though.

I've also been notified of this update through the pc suite aswell (im in UK)

Well, i did everything what the guide said,but always my updater isn't responding... what am i doing wrong? i'm getting braincancer soon ><

Well, i did everything what the guide said,but always my updater isn't responding... what am i doing wrong? i'm getting braincancer soon ><

no clue, have you used the kdz updater before? Might be missing dlls etc

okaaay now i got the blue screen,i luv ya man

When kdz installs the ROM into ure phone, phone screen will turn into blue few times (Recovery Mode). Thats normal.

Have you launched Windows Enabler, and clicked on the icon near the clock ONCE ?

Edited by ilovelg

Ive flashed to this 2.1 ROM with no problems using KDZ_FW_UPD.

however i was just wondering.. IF, and a big IF i ever do have any problems or say the phone becaomes faulty and i need to return it under warranty..

If i re download the V10a ROM which is what was on the phone originally, can this be flashed back onto the device just as easily as the 2.1 ROM, so therefore flashing back to 1.6??

Edited by new123

ok lg utils wouldnt go past 40%

so i used kdz with phone in normal mode and it took 4 attempts to flash

its booting atm

(nice new bootscreen hea:P)

just gota get fastboot on this baby :lol:

Guest spark001uk
I updated with

Kp500 utils, couldn't get the KDZ updater to work.

2.1 is nice, very fast. was on V10a CPW

will swap to a uk rom when it becomes available

I like the way people say"oh yeah i updated with blah blah, works nice", and then dont tell you how they did it!

Guest hacker_didko

If i update with this unofficial way , becoze this is not official lg dont anoynce it , can i flash it with the official rom or it will say up to date ? Becoze i want the finished version .

Guest soulclaimed

ok so i have gone through the steps and nothing is happening all i get is an egg timer on the kdz app, no blue screens on the phone and its been over 10 mins... i feel i want to unlock the keypad or something yo see if its worked but im scared to touch any buttons what do i do? i unlocked the keypad nothing happened says 1.6 still i took out the memory card does that make a difference?

Edited by soulclaimed

Guest spark001uk

Hi, any of you guys cant work out why kdz_fw_upd just keeps failing? I found this setting after about 4 hours of fvcking about: on the phone, go to settings > sd card, and UNTICK the "mass storage only" option. Then when you plug usb back in, it installs the rest of the drivers that were missing! Stupid option why did they want to enable that as default for goodness sake!!

Guest Clarkey15
k i am sure this a stupid question, but do i leave my sim card in? or take it out? and if i need to leave it in, do i lose all my contacts?

TIA.

It doesn't matter either way. I left mine in. You won't lost your contacts. Although sometimes it is possible, so I would take it out just to be safe.

It doesn't matter either way. I left mine in. You won't lost your contacts. Although sometimes it is possible, so I would take it out just to be safe.

i will be rude and ask if u will be online for a while? i want to try it but am scared. and wondering since u already did it if i got stuck and have a question if i could ask u?

Guest Clarkey15
i will be rude and ask if u will be online for a while? i want to try it but am scared. and wondering since u already did it if i got stuck and have a question if i could ask u?

Sorry no, I'd love to help. But I have to leave for work in a few minutes.

hmmm, when i try to download the

LGAndroidDriver i get a message in russian and have no idea whar it means, i press ok and then that is it, it does not downloaded it. anyone know what i am doing wrong?

ok i found it, but what am i doing here:

on the phone: Settings => Applications => dop.nastroyki, set daw USB debugging

it obviously translated wrong, which aplication is dop.nastroyki?

Guest hacker_didko

If i update with this unofficial way ,

becoze this is not official lg dont anoynce

it , can i flash it with the official rom or it

will say up to date ? Becoze i want the

finished version .