GTX Sense on my Omnia i920?

Guest iamandrewww

Guest iamandrewww

Hello, currently I have the Omnia i1920 and I stumbled across the GTX Sense (example) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=666636

I immediately fell in love with the clean design and features. However, I am fairly new when it comes to configuring a windows mobile phone. Is it even possible to have this to work on my Omnia?

I have searched countless amounts of forums for a solution, but really, I have no idea where to start. My phone is running on Windows 6.5 and I did not mess with the ROM version or firmware. I would really appreciate if someone can give me a little insight on my situation. Thankyou.

To add sense you will either have to install it from a cab or better yet install a sense rom, the latter is a better option as it will be optimized for running on the phone. (since you have an I920 you'll find roms here). But if you don't want to do that then here is a link to just the cab. You will also need to install cookies home tab and editor. Installing those manually will take quite some time so plug your phone in and be prepared to wait.

I can vouch that I successfully installed the GTX theme on Steels Sense rom and I think I tried it once on that cabbed version, but I didn't keep it the all bright screens is kind of a battery drainer.

Edited by bmt10

Guest iamandrewww

I tried to run the cab, but it keeps saying the download was uncompleted. I also have enough space on the storage too, so I don't know what's up. Any solutions?

P.S. Are there any tutorials for how to install ROMS into my device?

It said that the download was uncompleted when you run the cab? What download? Are you installing it to main storage or my storage or a card, it should be installed to your main storage. You could try copying the cab over to the phone again and/or downloading it again it might of gotten corrupted, make sure to do a "safely remove drive" option when disconnecting.

This thread covers flashing roms on a i920.

Guest amdzero
I've done the upgrade to Steels Sense, but I am receiving heavy lag. Tons of glitches and freezes often.

Sense is made by HTC, and runs "better" on HTC devices that were designed for it. You may try other sense roms, I make one, and Ninja makes one as well. Since you are already trying custom roms, try a few and see which one you like. Or if you have enough free time/patients you can make your own.