How the heck do you get a working goldcard?

Guest 843

I've created and recreated goldcards out of 2GB Sandisk, 2GB Kingston and 1GB Samsung many, many times and yet none of them managed to get me past the first root step (42 custom id check fail). The strange thing is that I managed to downgrade my Legend from 2.05 to 1.26, which means the gold card must have worked right?

I used the goldcard tool to make these, and I've double-checked the codes with a hex editor. Do I really need to look for more cards or is there something else I'm missing? This is driving me nuts.

I've created and recreated goldcards out of 2GB Sandisk, 2GB Kingston and 1GB Samsung many, many times and yet none of them managed to get me past the first root step (42 custom id check fail). The strange thing is that I managed to downgrade my Legend from 2.05 to 1.26, which means the gold card must have worked right?

I used the goldcard tool to make these, and I've double-checked the codes with a hex editor. Do I really need to look for more cards or is there something else I'm missing? This is driving me nuts.

do u want a very good advice? Sell that crap of legend as I did and buy a nexus 1. In the next month we will have gingerbread while legend is not completely rooted yet :D I'm serious it's a crap the legend, and I did this upgrade for only 70 bucks selling mine and buying the nexus one :P I'm in a new world now...

do u want a very good advice? Sell that crap of legend as I did and buy a nexus 1. In the next month we will have gingerbread while legend is not completely rooted yet :D I'm serious it's a crap the legend, and I did this upgrade for only 70 bucks selling mine and buying the nexus one :P I'm in a new world now...

So what are you doing on this board?