Battery re-calibration

Guest Darius P.

Guest Darius P.

in our windows mobile device,The lithium-ion battery displays as the form of “electricity meter”.According to electricity meter,we can read out Can accurately read how much capacity remained in battery,which accurates to 1% as the unit.Windows Mobile device displays the power info. as this form for a long time.

Many people may run the soft launch in the case of low-alarm of the power,and then the electricity meter shows that there is still 20-30% of power left,or prompted to have full power, but the battery meter shows only 90% instead of 100%.

For our omnias dial *#9911# and you will see fully charged battery SOC and Percentage difference.

At this point, we need hands-on battery power to re-calibrate.

1. Drain battery till device goes off.

2. Remove battery for 5-10 min.

3. Charge the battery (with device power OFF state) till the battery fully charged.

4. Dial *#9911# and press SOC button.

5. Close the program.

Do it every 40-50 cycles of charge!

Please post your experience.

more info:

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/what-is-...uld-you-need-it

Rgds,

Darius

Edited by Darius P.

P.S. I think this post must be pinned or included in the "Omnia: tweaks,......." post.

Rgds,

Darius

Really Thanks for your infos!!!

Quote: Pinned this post please!

Bye

My battery looks like it only has 50% capacity if I fully charge it. When I use my phone I only can use it for 2-3 day's, instead of 7-8 day's. If I use this tweak, wil my battery become more like the ususall, or do I need a new battery. It's only 9 month's old... :P

in our windows mobile device,The lithium-ion battery displays as the form of “electricity meter”.According to electricity meter,we can read out Can accurately read how much capacity remained in battery,which accurates to 1% as the unit.Windows Mobile device displays the power info. as this form for a long time.

Many people may run the soft launch in the case of low-alarm of the power,and then the electricity meter shows that there is still 20-30% of power left,or prompted to have full power, but the battery meter shows only 90% instead of 100%.

For our omnias dial *#9911# and you will see fully charged battery SOC and Percentage difference.

Rgds,

Darius

wow, nice tip. i'll try it as soon as my battery level reach 0%.

mmm, but is it ok to take out the battery for 10 minutes?

Guest Darius P.
wow, nice tip. i'll try it as soon as my battery level reach 0%.

mmm, but is it ok to take out the battery for 10 minutes?

10 min.just for sure. I think will be ok, to take out for 5min.

hey there!

I've just done this "tweak" and fully charged my SOC was 95.XX% and re-calibrating it dropped down to 92.28% isn't this bad?

thanks anyways !

edit: I think this f***d up my battery.. charged yesterday at 22:00 and today at 8:00 at the morning is at 84% !! normally it only goes down 1 or 2% at night...

Edited by eskyo

10 min.just for sure. I think will be ok, to take out for 5min.

ok i tried to drain the battery, take the battery out for 7 minutes then charge it without switch on the phone.

before i pressed the soc button, it is shown 85%. after i press soc reset, it is changed to 92,91 % with percentage 100%. is it normal?

Guest Darius P.
edit: I think this f***d up my battery.. charged yesterday at 22:00 and today at 8:00 at the morning is at 84% !! normally it only goes down 1 or 2% at night...

no possible tu f***k the battery with this tweak. After soc resset your battery gone to normal state. Please charge your battery to full again without tweak and test.

post result.

just for more info:

no possible tu f***k the battery with this tweak. After soc resset your battery gone to normal state. Please charge your battery to full again without tweak and test.

post result.

just for more info:

jmm okey thanks for the link, i'll se how it evolves... it seems that it stopped going down so fast, maybe it tryed to connect to the operator all night long (I have very poor signal at home)

Guest urphonesux

resetting the s-o-c only affects the phones battery level reading. NOT THE BATTERY

however continual resetting of the battery by completely draining it has been known to drastically decrease the life of the batteries

resetting the S-O-C allows the phone to reset its reading of the battery charge level forcing it to rescan the battery level and show a closer to accurate reading

Edited by urphonesux