GPS navigation by foot

Guest tugausa

Hey

I'm currently using NDrive to navigate and help get directions but now im going to do a roadtrip around europe and I'd like to know if there is any software that helps me navigate by foot instead of my car that doesnt require an internet connection so I can go to any point of interest.

Thanks in advance!

BTW can someone tell me the best configuration for the GPS?

Guest CalvinH

Hi!

I've been trying iGO with the peaton profile, but hasn't got pretty good results. I have been using it with pretty bad weather, and I wonder if it could have something to do. After trying several configurations, I think the best result I have achieved these past days has been by using GPSModDriver.

Best regards.

Guest vermillionman

Ive been using igo8 in Aussie for a while now love very. Does every thing for.

Question.. What do i need to setup and get TomTom on my i8000. Ive never got

it going. Can someone give me some info pls.

Guest CalvinH
Ive been using igo8 in Aussie for a while now love very. Does every thing for.

Question.. What do i need to setup and get TomTom on my i8000. Ive never got

it going. Can someone give me some info pls.

I find tomtom the easyest one for installing / configurating. Download the app (just two files, the .exe and the data.chk), the voices you need, the map you need to use, and you are ready to go.

I copy the app files in a folder on my SD card (ej. Program Files/Navigator), then the voice files on a folder called voices on the SD root. And the map on the root of the SD card.

Register the map using the activator and you are ready to go.

If you need specific instructions I suggest to look for some specific post, but if you cannot tell me and I will try to put them here.

Best regards.