Task 29

Guest joecruz

Guest joecruz

Is there something like task 29 for our omnias? It's suppose to completely wipe out the internal/phone memory (something like a reformat) so when you install a new rom, it's suppose to perform faster/better. The reason being that whenever we flash different roms, there apparently are small remains of the older roms that can eventually make our phones unstable...anything? or perhaps someone could develop this for our omnias?

Guest joecruz

is that the same as task 29? I mean on my previous HTC phone, there was the option to "clear storage" in settings as well as to do a combination of key presses to format internal memory but from what i've read about task 29, it completely wipes out the internal storage, even the OS/ROM installed is wiped out. I did it on my previous HTC phone and it would only boot until splash screen (OS/ROM wiped out). I would then install the OS/ROM of my choice and the difference is evident in performance. With the dialing numbers you presented, the phone would still boot its current OS/ROM

Guest joecruz

WHATS TASK29\MTTY

when u flash a rom, you are copying files onto the internal memory (like duh!) but if u repeatadly flash different roms, sometimes files from older version stays behind as when u flash a rom, you just copy and sometimes overwrite files without deleting the older ones. hence at times these older files may create bugs\instability. hardrest donot always fix it.so we use MTTY

• 4 weeks later...
Guest joecruz

i'd like to know as well...but i think this needs to be developed by one of the programmers in our samsung community, the same way that they did it for the xperia community (there was one for another device but they modified it to make it work for the xperia)