Anybody use Samsung Today?

Guest Laruku Jr.

Guest Laruku Jr.

Currently, I'm just getting back to use Samsung Today and really like it. However, I've found a little problem with screen freezing for 1-2 seconds. Let say, when you navigate away from the Samsung Today by opening programs or start menu and then you close the program or menu to get back to home screen , you will get a screen freeze for 1-2 seconds after that it will back to normal. Do you guys found this issue? Any suggestions?

Edited by Laruku Jr.

Guest CalvinH

Hi!

I have noticed sometimes that Samsung Today seems to lag a bit after running some programs... For example, if I drag the today screen it goes a little slow. A moment later everything is back to normal, but the first time I drag the today screen I can appreciate this lag.

I haven't appreciated any freeze as it (I understand that you mean that the today screen doesn't respond to your commands).

Regards.

Guest Laruku Jr.
Hi!

I have noticed sometimes that Samsung Today seems to lag a bit after running some programs... For example, if I drag the today screen it goes a little slow. A moment later everything is back to normal, but the first time I drag the today screen I can appreciate this lag.

I haven't appreciated any freeze as it (I understand that you mean that the today screen doesn't respond to your commands).

Regards.

Yes, you're right CalvinH. My problem is the today screen doesn't response to my commands for 1-2 seconds. Anyone?

Guest Laruku Jr.

I think I know the cause of this problem (maybe it is not a problem :)). The lag or screen freeze on Samsung Today mostly comes from the Appointments & Tasks widget(I'm not sure how to call them). When Samsung Today is brought back into screen focus, it will refresh appointments and tasks to display on the widget everytime. So, the screen (or actually the device) is lag or freezes depends on how many appointments or tasks on current day. The problem will be gone if you remove the Appointments and Tasks widget. However, this makes Samsung Today less useful for me. So, I think I live with it. It is a feature not a problem.