Good custom 6.5 rom for Australia

Guest toejams

Guest toejams

Heya

Been trawling google and modaco looking for roms for my brothers phone (i8000). Not sure which roms will work in Australia with Telstra's funky NextG with winmo 6.5. If someone has found a good rom that works in Oz with 6.5 please, pretty please with a dirty great cherry on top, post a link. Im not overly familiar with the omnia 2 since I have HTC HD2. Any help would be appreciated

Guest tropolite

hi toejams

I'm on Telstra with my O2. Mine was purchased outright and haven't been bothered getting them to put it on NextG as they do have standard 3G also.

I'm using XXJH2 (6.5.3) custom build using either of the customs you shouldn't go astray unless they specifically state another language solely.

The custom I used is this one from Twu2 and Gary Crutcher's are always good custom ROMs (they also have other lite 6.5 ROMs too... but I'm a 6.5.3 fan :) ). You won't go wrong with any of these. But there are other cookers doing great work.

My suggestion is to read those two threads, see what features you really want in your lite ROM. Choose from there. Have a read of the other 'how-to' threads too, and they will definitely answer all your questions about flashing and which selections to make when using the tools.

There are a couple great threads to step you through so have a browse - this forum and its community is great to say the least. A ton of helpful people. They just ask to read up first as there is everything you need already there :)

O2 automatically see's the SIM and asks you if you want to accept the auto settings for it - select YES, and Telsta's SMS, MMS and other items will be set. The only thing you may have to do is change the Regional Settings after flashing to English (Australian).

You're good go mate - hope this is some help.

Cheers

Edited by tropolite

Guest darkworldzz

play with the stock roms first.. you wont enjoy the custom roms unless you start with the stock roms..

read all the stickys available here..

then you can decide whether you want sense, or lite or sense lite or mega lite or pure roms..

I've been using customs and the NXX roms since JB's and all works fine... nothing different but it doesnt have the useless carrier links...

Im currently on JH2 6.5.3 and have never had a problem.