Omnia 7 Bing Voice Recognition

Guest adrianhaslett

Guest adrianhaslett

Hi,

I can't get the handet to do anything via voice recognition except open calender, phone a person etc. It won't use bing to search out things like Indian takeaways, fights etc like what was shown on the phone 7 conference regarding flight's ?

I've a orange branded handset, has anyone else got this feature working like shown in the phone 7 new york conference ?

It shows it uses the tellme service and I can see it shown in a little logo when you press the start button in, but it never searches like shown to do, only opens existing apps etc.

Edited by adrianhaslett

Guest adrianhaslett
Hi,

I can't get the handet to do anything via voice recognition except open calender, phone a person etc. It won't use bing to search out things like Indian takeaways, fights etc like what was shown on the phone 7 conference regarding flight's ?

I've a orange branded handset, has anyone else got this feature working like shown in the phone 7 new york conference ?

It shows it uses the tellme service and I can see it shown in a little logo when you press the start button in, but it never searches like shown to do, only opens existing apps etc.

Hi, I found away arround this issue, if you change your display language under region & language to English (United States) and correct everything else back to English (United Kingdom) apart from display language. The voice search feature will work correctly after resetting the device by tapping on the reset area in region & language.

Hope this helps.

Guest awarner

Reason for this. and it's not a bug is that for the moment Bing voice is only supported in the US.

I presume it is possibly due to working out country dialects which can vary greatly, especially in the UK.

Guest epsilon283

Hi,

I have the same problem in France when I set the language to French.. I can search using voice when the phone is set to English (US), and I get local results if I search for something like "sushi" or "restaurant", but when I try to search for something typically french (like a street or city name), that's impossible unless if you find a way to pronounce the french words with a US accent!