i8000 isnt connecting with octans anymore

Guest Milamber_29

Guest Milamber_29

hey guys.

iv been running roms on my i8000 for ages now and iv never had any problems getting it to connect with octans but all of a sudden its stopped working and i cant figure out why. i only did a rom about a month ago to rapids and n00bodys jh1 sence with je3 csc. atm i want to upgrade to aijh1 but octans is just throwing OnDeviceChange \\?\usb#VID... etc

iv tryed reintalling the drivers and re disabling the driver signitures and re downloading octans...nothing. iv also tryed various combinations of roms but still nothing. im stumped. any ideas?

Guest johnchua55

does your phone charge when you connect it to usb ...... recently i've had to buy a new usb cable .... the cable easily gets loose t the point it won't connect anymore. My new usb cable is starting to show signs of the same symptom as well.

Guest Milamber_29

well it seems to charge ok and doesnt have any sync issues but ill see if using my mums galaxy one and see if that works. but i doubt thats it.

> just tryed. nothing. thanks anyway

Edited by Milamber_29

Guest kimitza

1. make sure you are using a direct connection to pc(not a usb hub)

2. you didn't mention your OS. If runing on w7, make sure about the compatibility.

3. try update the driver.

4. don't forget about the driver signature enforcement.

Sorry if you already tried all of these, but you didnt gave us more details. I actually think it's the last. You forgot to disable the driver signature enforcement. :)

Guest Milamber_29

yes win 7 and iv already done it 7 or 8 times before but for some reason all of a sudden its not working anymore. all those things have been checked and iv re done everything. so i have no idea why its not working.

Guest johnchua55

maybe win 7 updated itself and became incompatible. sometimes it happens .... my laptops webcam hasn't worked for a few months but i know it's not broken ..... now it seems to work again ..... probably some autmatic update in Vista fixed it.

Guest Milamber_29

your probably right about that. i finally got around to installing and doing it on my XP machine and it worked like a charm. i wonder if anyone else is having troubles now. or if its just my computer being stupid.