Omnia 2 Bricked?

Guest Cherry Limeade Douche

I downloaded the official update and followed the steps as provided here:

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...D=557&PRO...

However half-way through the update an error message popped up in Windows saying the update could not be finished, and asked if I would like to start an emergency update. It prompted me to unplug my phone/device from the USB Cable and pull my battery before reconnecting. However, now the phone will not turn on at all.

I have a feeling the update bricked my phone. It won't respond to any button presses nor will it respond to a connection with the battery charger. Whats worse, is that when I plug it into my desktop PC the computer doesn't even recognize the device.

What do I do now?

I contacted Samsung support and we went over several steps to soft reset the device but nothing worked. The phone simply will not respond, and seeing as it's the only phone I have around- I NEED IT. Samsung support, after all suggestions failed, informed me to get in touch with my carrier but I have a feeling this is going to turn into a back and forth game.

Besides the fact that I can't call tech support as I don't have a phone handy.

Is there any way to get the phone to respond that I'm missing? I'm hoping that I can just get it to boot eventually, but things are not looking good. I've left the battery out for an extended period of time, connected to both the charger and several PC's and held the power button with the battery in- but nothing. I also tried the hard reset option (holding vol up+lock+send+end).

Help me out here please.

I opted out of insurance through Verizon for this phone because I've never had a problem with a phone in the past. I ended up paying money each month for insurance that did absolutely nothing. I think it's complete BS that an official update would brick my phone... what the hell were these guys thinking when they released it?

I searched the forums and found several posts on bricked Omnia's and such but could not find anything that provided a possible solution. Am I missing something here or is my only way out to send the phone back?

try with octans and a new flash

I would if the computer would recognize the phone. When I plug the phone into my computer nothing happens. It doesn't even show up as an unknown USB device.

Can you still use Octans to reflash an unresponsive phone? Is there a tutorial link somewhere?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

try this

then download firmwares from

www.samfirmware.com

(not sure if this allowed in the forums)

follow the steps as indicated in the 1st link given

i'm not sure if you already tried this but my intentions are pure lol

Thanks for the help, and the quick replies. :) I couldn't get it to work. :( Verizon luckily responded and is sending me a refurbished replacement. :)

I've flashed my Omnia 2 several times with custom roms. It's fitting that an official ROM would brick my device. Samsung Bricks phones! For anyone else out there considering updating to the DG21 update, stay away...

What do you mean by the phone wont turn on? That it the screen remains blank? That it goes past the Omnia 2 logo then nothing? That it wont show any response?

When you plug it into a computer what happens on the phones screen?

What do you mean by the phone wont turn on? That it the screen remains blank? That it goes past the Omnia 2 logo then nothing? That it wont show any response?

When you plug it into a computer what happens on the phones screen?

I have a feeling the update bricked my phone. It won't respond to any button presses nor will it respond to a connection with the battery charger. Whats worse, is that when I plug it into my desktop PC the computer doesn't even recognize the device.

Is there any way to get the phone to respond that I'm missing? I'm hoping that I can just get it to boot eventually, but things are not looking good. I've left the battery out for an extended period of time, connected to both the charger and several PC's and held the power button with the battery in- but nothing. I also tried the hard reset option (holding vol up+lock+send+end).

Like I said, the phone won't turn on at all- it has a blank screen and that's it. When I press buttons, plug the phone into a wall outlet, or plug it into a computer there is absolutely NO RESPONSE from the phone- meaning there is NOTHING on the screen.

The phone is completely dead- nothing- nada- cinch.

Anyways, a new one is heading my way. Thanks for trying to help. :)