Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Hello Everybody!

I'm getting an error when installing it.. When i run the Haret.exe is o2beta, it loads everything and after it formatted my SD Card, i got an error.

It said that it cannot locate the ext2.tar.gz file on My Storage. But i already put it in, and i did not rename it too.

Anyone knows why this is happening? Hope you guys can help me. Thank you! (:

Ok, full SD installer (1024mb partition) is online: beta2_1024.zip

Please check if it works for You and let me know.

I advise before first boot to put o2b2update.tar.gz file with 2D/3D drivers on My Storage (as always these libs are not included).

Hey, Thanks for the all in one pack. Used the 1.44mb 2D/3D files with this pack, and battery only drained 4% in 8 hours through the night. Installed on My Storage.

However, my calls are still going mute after about 40 seconds into the call.

Managed to keep the call going with KeepScreen. But this still shouldn't happen.

Edited by paw1

Guest darkworldzz
I got error installing Beta 2 it says /sd card failed: invalid argument. what am i suppose to do?

Hello Everybody!

I'm getting an error when installing it.. When i run the Haret.exe is o2beta, it loads everything and after it formatted my SD Card, i got an error.

It said that it cannot locate the ext2.tar.gz file on My Storage. But i already put it in, and i did not rename it too.

Anyone knows why this is happening? Hope you guys can help me. Thank you! (:

Try doing another fresh install following Factionone's method.. Use the search thread tool and use this keyword o2b2filesys.tar.gz

It works.

Oh and WEP wifi works fine after doing a fresh install.. Updating to beta2 will not work.. conflicts maybe?

Edited by darkworldzz

Try doing another fresh install following Factionone's method.. Use the search thread tool and use this keyword o2b2filesys.tar.gz

It works.

Oh and WEP wifi works fine after doing a fresh install.. Updating to beta2 will not work.. conflicts maybe?

Okay! I will try it out now. Post the result later.

Guest FactionOne

OK folks, another update... A wobbly start but great results...

I reinstalled beta2 again - to My Storage, with the same method as I'd used previously (once successfully (until a crash after 8hrs), and once with lots of problems (crashes, sleep-of-death, missing sounds).

Here's an outline of the steps I took: Phone (in WinMo, USB Mass Storage mode for My Storage) connected to PC. Delete previously used EXT3 partition (EASEUS Partition Manager (I prefer Acronis Disk Director but it's not free)), create a new one in its place (primary type, label 'disk', EXT3 fs). Now I have three partitions on My Storage - First, FAT32 (primary, label 'MyStorage'), next EXT3 (also primary, label 'disk'), finally 512MB hidden FAT32 Windows Mobile hard-reset recovery partition.

Copy haret.exe, default.txt andext2.tar.gz from a beta1 package to 'My Storage'. Put o2b2filesys.tar.gz from beta2 package there too. I renamed nOObody's 2D/3D file from o2update.tar.gz to 2d3dlibs.tar.gz (because I don't need automatic update) and copied it to 'My Storage' - I renamed voyteckst's update to beta2up1.tar.gz and copied it to 'My Storage' too.

Next I start Ubuntu inside VMWare Player, and connect the phone to the linux (virtual) machine. Close the 'explorer' windows when they pop up. Start a terminal. I went in the same sequence as above (start with the old beta files, anything changed will then be overwritten by new beta etc.); and copied each file from /media/MYSTORAGE to /media/disk, extracted it, then copied the next, extracted, etc..

Once complete, I edited the default.txt in /media/MYSTORAGE (open from the Ubuntu desktop and double-click the file), changed dev/mmcblk1p2 to dev/mmcblk0p1 - save and exit. Because I'm paranoid, I left the phone connected to Ubuntu 'idle' for a minute, then disconncted.

Boot Android with haret.exe...

This time I had some problems during setup - first boot, Android crashed at the lock-screen (battery pulled to recover); next boot, 'out of box' setup got stuck in a 'force close' loop (shutdown normally with long press of lock button); next boot was fine - I let it settle for a minute then shut-down and booted again.

GSM/3G Data working, WiFi working, Market/Browser working/able to communicate reliably. Several apps (as before) installed (including some which use data and clock (tweetdeck and alarm clock plus)), running well. Enjoying music from StreamFurious and Zimly player.

I do have the phone call 'gremlin' - but have installed the Call Light app workaround (I think I probably had this issue last time, but was using wired headset and it seems headset doesn't cut-out like the earpiece does). I have not had any sleep-of-death this time. Like others have reported, I find that only the 'end call' button will wake the phone when it is running on battery power. It generally responds to the first press, perhaps taking a second or two to wake to the lock-screen (sometimes with a quick glimpse of the shell first). The only exception to this is if I'm playing media with Zimly (maybe StreamFurious too), and the lock button seems to wake the screen also. If I'm plugged-in to the charger, either button responds quickly (presumably because both playing music and connecting charger will mean CPU doesn't sleep so deeply).

Battery meter goes to 100% but seems to come down quickly, I think Android is using a bit more battery power than WinMo; but also that the readout falls a bit too quickly, because if I reboot to WinMo, it shows a pretty significant amount more charge.

So, at the moment I have no major problems at all - just the one or two known beta 'gremlins'. My advice to anyone who has just done an install and it's got more problems than you expect, and you've checked-and-double-checked your steps, just try the instal again - it might just work better next time.

Again, thanks to the devs, and everyone getting involved here, for all their hard work...

Rob.

Edited by FactionOne

Calculator crashes every time(force close). ANyone else? And I thought the time issue was fixed. Jumps forward 5 hours.

Edited by TRoN_1

Calculator crashes every time(force close). ANyone else? And I thought the time issue was fixed. Jumps forward 5 hours.

Same, also angry bird, home switcher and few other apps which used to work fine in b1.

I think it's time to go back to b1 for me ;(

Guest bobhero

im using voyteckst's beta2 1024 package with the 2d/3d drivers from info thread.

two things:

1) How can I root it? It was rooted in beta 1 after a certain update. now not rooted. titanium backup is reporting this to me, and won't do certain things.

2) sometime to resume from sleep i must also press menu/end keys before phone will turn back on.

thank you.

Guest pepsipig

it was almost perfect after installation of BETA2,everything works fine.But after several days(maybe several hours) usage,it becomes not so stable and end up with kernel panic.Tried several times and had the same the result.

never happened with beta1

Guest carlospaco

Hello, everything works great.

I using know setvsel, that is a app you can find on marketplace.

You can set it to ONDEMAND, and than you see your cpu goes up and down, it uses only the power it needs to open apps.

I didn't try it for long time,i download it today. Is there anyone how knows this app, and does it saves battery?

Thanks

Guest felalex
i´ve got the same problem as you, but i instaled android on My Storage, and i cant instal "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item" can anyone help us?

Hi,

I found a workaround that works for me.

Previously I've split my SD card into 2 partitions manually, allocating 2.7GB for the EXT2 partition and had the problem installing programs.

This time I've removed the EXT2 partition and left one FAT32 partition filling all the space.

The installer shrinked it by 1GB and installed Android.

Now I can install applications.

Don't really know what's the cause, but it's a workaround for me.

At first I thought that it's mounted as read-only, but I could delete files from the SD card, so It's still a mystery for me.

For me it's still draining fast. In 20 minutes droped about 12 percent.

android shows 88% percent charge, winmo shows 95%

In winmo when connected to 3g doesn't drain faster (or maybe just a bit).

I've been having serious battery drain issues. As a test, I fully charged the battery then unplugged it for about 65 minutes. In that time I went from 100% to 74% battery power. The problem seems related to "Dialer", as it keeps the phone awake. Also, I've noticed that the "Cell Standby" battery use details claims that I've been without signal for 50% of the time. Last night I saw this at 100%. I definately have signal, as I've had no problems with calls or text messages.

Partial Wake Usage on "Dialer" is showing 10h23m42s, which is when I last booted the phone. It seems that that process thinks it needs to keep my phone awake 24/7. Any ideas?

Other than the battery issues, I would say this release is doing very well. If I could solve this battery issue, I could definately use this all the time...

Edit: I just wanted to add that I have an APN entered, so I obviously have data on constantly, but I don't have any apps installed that would be waking the phone.

Edited by Goodge

Guest MinaseTaki

good release,from 98% to 74% battery in 9h and 30 min

and btw i have only 12mb free ram + i saw that calls are saved into a file why that/?

Edited by MinaseTaki

Guest problematika

Everything seems to be great....(installed on My storage), but when I call someone cannot hear anything except on speaker...weard! any help??

EDIT: I use rapids drivers, and start app Call light!

But for beta....its working like a charm!!! bye bye winmo!! :P

Edited by problematika

Guest emptyara
OK folks, another update... A wobbly start but great results...

I reinstalled beta2 again - to My Storage, with the same method as I'd used previously (once successfully (until a crash after 8hrs), and once with lots of problems (crashes, sleep-of-death, missing sounds).

Here's an outline of the steps I took: Phone (in WinMo, USB Mass Storage mode for My Storage) connected to PC. Delete previously used EXT3 partition (EASEUS Partition Manager (I prefer Acronis Disk Director but it's not free)), create a new one in its place (primary type, label 'disk', EXT3 fs). Now I have three partitions on My Storage - First, FAT32 (primary, label 'MyStorage'), next EXT3 (also primary, label 'disk'), finally 512MB hidden FAT32 Windows Mobile hard-reset recovery partition.

Copy haret.exe, default.txt andext2.tar.gz from a beta1 package to 'My Storage'. Put o2b2filesys.tar.gz from beta2 package there too. I renamed nOObody's 2D/3D file from o2update.tar.gz to 2d3dlibs.tar.gz (because I don't need automatic update) and copied it to 'My Storage' - I renamed voyteckst's update to beta2up1.tar.gz and copied it to 'My Storage' too.

Next I start Ubuntu inside VMWare Player, and connect the phone to the linux (virtual) machine. Close the 'explorer' windows when they pop up. Start a terminal. I went in the same sequence as above (start with the old beta files, anything changed will then be overwritten by new beta etc.); and copied each file from /media/MYSTORAGE to /media/disk, extracted it, then copied the next, extracted, etc..

Once complete, I edited the default.txt in /media/MYSTORAGE (open from the Ubuntu desktop and double-click the file), changed dev/mmcblk1p2 to dev/mmcblk0p1 - save and exit. Because I'm paranoid, I left the phone connected to Ubuntu 'idle' for a minute, then disconncted.

Boot Android with haret.exe...

This time I had some problems during setup - first boot, Android crashed at the lock-screen (battery pulled to recover); next boot, 'out of box' setup got stuck in a 'force close' loop (shutdown normally with long press of lock button); next boot was fine - I let it settle for a minute then shut-down and booted again.

GSM/3G Data working, WiFi working, Market/Browser working/able to communicate reliably. Several apps (as before) installed (including some which use data and clock (tweetdeck and alarm clock plus)), running well. Enjoying music from StreamFurious and Zimly player.

I do have the phone call 'gremlin' - but have installed the Call Light app workaround (I think I probably had this issue last time, but was using wired headset and it seems headset doesn't cut-out like the earpiece does). I have not had any sleep-of-death this time. Like others have reported, I find that only the 'end call' button will wake the phone when it is running on battery power. It generally responds to the first press, perhaps taking a second or two to wake to the lock-screen (sometimes with a quick glimpse of the shell first). The only exception to this is if I'm playing media with Zimly (maybe StreamFurious too), and the lock button seems to wake the screen also. If I'm plugged-in to the charger, either button responds quickly (presumably because both playing music and connecting charger will mean CPU doesn't sleep so deeply).

Battery meter goes to 100% but seems to come down quickly, I think Android is using a bit more battery power than WinMo; but also that the readout falls a bit too quickly, because if I reboot to WinMo, it shows a pretty significant amount more charge.

So, at the moment I have no major problems at all - just the one or two known beta 'gremlins'. My advice to anyone who has just done an install and it's got more problems than you expect, and you've checked-and-double-checked your steps, just try the instal again - it might just work better next time.

Again, thanks to the devs, and everyone getting involved here, for all their hard work...

Rob.

i think its better to stop post the same thing over n over again..

some more beta2 is already uploaded to 1st page. so there is no need to use o2b2sysfile.tar.gz anymore..

good release,from 98% to 74% battery in 9h and 30 min

and btw i have only 12mb free ram + i saw that calls are saved into a file why that/?

Do you have GPRS data enabled during those 9h30m??

Edited by Goodge

Guest myo2wantandroid

Oh yeah its all working. And that really fast.

BUT: how i can put my contacts to android. I have all contact on the SIM card.

And could you plz make a German language pack??

Beta 2 is working really fine for me ^^

greets

Guest shoarmabakpao

Battery problem seems to be fixed.

Used android beta2 files and I went from a full 100% charge to around 60% charge in 1 full day.

I used it at school ALOT, browsed the web for like 1 hour, played music through the headset for at least 4 hours. Played around 30-40min random games on it (Light up, angrybirds and the rest I forgot).

Yesterday at night I wanted to wake the phone up but it seemed to have a sleep of death problem. I had to take the battery out and reboot into windows mobile. This actually broke my day because I was such happy that the devolpers fixed it completely so they don't have to work on it again but now I had this problem too just like the others.

Everything goes extremely fast in Beta2 just like mentioned by the dev's. Live-walpapers + going into a 3d menu is almost as smooth as an HTC Desire HD (extreme high end anrdoid 2.2 device) which means this is sick considdering the 2d/3d drivers aren't even complete!

Good job devolpers!