Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest elbee72
Here is the complete instructions for the processor s3c6410 could somehow help in the development of 2D/3D driver

sorry for bad english

Click

S3C6410 manual is old rev 1.1 version, rev 1.2 is actual and easy to find on the net.

But other resources (like s3c6410 winmo/linux sources) look very promising ...

Thank you for posting !!

Guest emptyara
DOES ANYONE NOW TO HELP ME? MY PHONE SPEAKER WORK, BUT I CANT HEAR NORMAL SOUNDS WHEN I CALL SOMEONE THROUGH THE NORMAL CALLS! PLS HELP! also, when i connect speakers they work great!.... :P

this problem mentioned by the devs team.. and no proper solution yet come for this one.. u have to download app called "call light" in market..

I find it odd how there's apparently a phone speaker problem which I've never seen, but the "sleep problem" that was supposed to be fixed seems to be going strong on mine... :|

Guest problematika
this problem mentioned by the devs team.. and no proper solution yet come for this one.. u have to download app called "call light" in market..

Ok. But I just dont have a sound of that person with who I talk. even my screen is not black (locked) before I try to make a phonecall i must turn on "Call light"? Because I allready download that app (when I installed android - in that moment), and even when I turn it on before phonecall, I cant hear what other person talk (only through speaker or Headphones). :P

EDIT: and also it says that my network is unavailable or my SIM card is missing ?

Edited by problematika

Guest Shadowlord666

Has anyone tried the app "System Benchmark"?

I did and these are my results:

------------------------------------------------

non-SDHC card | 2 GB (not sure about speed; slower than the class 4 card below):

Memory - 109

CPU Integer - 248

CPU Float - 173

2D Graphics - 145

3D Graphics - 41

SD Card Write - (3.3 MB/s) 33

SD Card Read - (6.1 MB/s) 61

Total scores - 810

----------------------------------------------

class 4 SDHC card | 16GB:

Memory - 111

CPU Integer - 250

CPU Float - 172

2D Graphics - 146

3D Graphics - 42

SD Card Write - (3.7 MB/s) 37

SD Card Read - (9.7 MB/s) 97

Total scores - 855

----------------------------------------------

So, has anyone tried "System Benchmark" or wants to give it a try?

I'd especially be interested in the results of a class 10 card and when using an installation on "My Storage".

Also, I still don't understand why Android runs MUCH (!) better on the slower card I have.

With class 4 card, processes/applications are often not responding and download from the market seems much slower.

I've used the same installer (newest one) and the same 2D drivers on both cards.

Guest vivek raja7
Install Method(12-2-2011)

1. Download http://87.229.73.80/beta2_1024.zip ;

2. Unzip and place it in the root of My Storage;

3. Open haret.exe in the o2beta folder, and press run. ;

4. After rebooted add o2b2update.tar.gz with 2d/3d libs and thenopen haret.exe in root. ;

5. Enjoy !

Can anybody help me i did the installation mentioned above but when i run haret from my storage after running it from o2beta i get a blank screen and could anyone post a guide for my storage installation.

Guest ult_nrg

I have found some interesting things on my O2 which hopefully, can help the devs (if they get a chance to read this post through all of the others....)

I downloaded the beta2 and installed it myself using the original haret. Also put in the original 3d drivers.

When using the phone initially, it worked fine for about two days (installed a few updates, so restarted the phone a few times). What I found:

1. The phone had two ways of sleeping; one was about ~5 seconds into sleep where the phone would respond as soon as I pressed the unlock button. The second was after around 5 seconds the phone goes into a "deep sleep" and will only wake up if I hold the power button (hang up button) for a few seconds. The lock button would NOT unlock the phone whatsoever, even when held (even though it has the same code as the hang up button). In saying this, the phone woke up every time, it did not go into the sleep of death once.

2. The battery was very random. At one point I had it in standby for 2 hours and it went through 2%. At one point in standby it went through 35% of battery in 1 hour. General usage however seemed pretty consistant; an hour of games or web (3G) used around 20%.

3. Today, I went to install an app from the market and it would not install. I restarted android (having not done it for around a day) and now, whenever I load android and it goes to sleep it does not wake up, I am constantly getting the sleep of death.

4. When the phone goes to sleep, everything stops. E.g. when listening to FM radio, it runs fine (even when minimised) but as soon as the phone sleeps, it stops.

5. I had the phone in android and it had around 50% battery. I rebooted into winmo and it had around 70% battery. Within around half an hour in winmo (while the phone was in sleep), I rechecked the battery and it was at 10%.

I have a feeling the sleep has something to do with being on charge. I noticed when the phone is on charge and I disconnect it, the sleep uses very little power and runs fine. However, when I put it on standby after running some apps, it chews through the power when in sleep. Also, when the phone is connected to power, it always wakes up after a single press of the lock button or hang up button. Do not have to long press anything; it wakes up perfectly (as it is meant to).

Okay I have found something very interesting. I just started android with the charger connected while it was booting. The phone is now going in and out of sleep fine again (after getting the sleep of death before on every restart - although before I did not have the charger connected at all). And again, to get the phone out of sleep I have to long press the hang up button; nothing else will wake the phone up (this is when the phone is disconnected, but was connected while booting up).

Hope this helps the devs.

Can anybody help me i did the installation mentioned above but when i run haret from my storage after running it from o2beta i get a blank screen and could anyone post a guide for my storage installation.

Did you install the 2d/3d drivers? Without them, it won't boot.

Guest shoarmabakpao

New problem with Beta2 update, my wifi just stopped working. My phone is able to make a connection with the router but it just won't get an internet connection. Whenever I select the router and enter the pass it connects to it directly, just connects at the same time I press connect.

Normally I have to wait 5-8 seconds to have WIFI enabled and then the internet works fine too.

But now it isn't like that. It connects immidiately and isn't able to gain an internet connection BUT it IS connected to the router.

I tried it with my iMac's built in router, linksys WRT320N, my neighbours router, my uncle's router and the router of a shop nearby and at every router the same problem occur's.

I previously replied a possitive result about beta2 but now this happend from nowhere.

Any help on this guys?

Guest problematika

Phonecalls problem sovled! I reboot to winmo....and then (on SIM pin check) pup up notification that my headphones are turned on...then i just turn them (in winmo) in mobile, and unplug again. then i reboot in android, and my phone work GREAT! :huh: so i decide to stay at Android (even battery life seems to be short) and no camera and proper 3D drivers....but anyway it is MUCH better then winmo!!! :P thanks to dev team! AMAZING job!!! :D

Guest bu11d0g

Anybody having problems using gprs/edge?

I'm trying to add my carrier's (TIM Brasil) APN on Android, but when I save it it doesn't show up on the APN list, as if I hadn't saved at all.

It sucks not having a data connection available...

I know there are other brazilians lurking around this topic, maybe u could help me? hehe

[sOLVED]

Installed http://www.rodrigostoledo.com/2010/05/apn-...l-para-android/ from Market and now it works! :P

Edited by bu11d0g

My phone can't get a lock by gps. I use the gps test app, it sees the satelites, but can't connect to them. any ideas?

As I see the gps xtra is enabled in beta2.

In winmo it has a fast lock, so the gps is working...

Plz help me

How can i put may SIM contact to the phone? or how can i see them from the sim?

use funambol...sync with your pc by usb...after install android app and sync...

My phone can't get a lock by gps. I use the gps test app, it sees the satelites, but can't connect to them. any ideas?

As I see the gps xtra is enabled in beta2.

In winmo it has a fast lock, so the gps is working...

same here i can't get gps fixed satellites..i install iGO and google maps and don't work...even with xtra update....

Guest Carlos_rpg

I fell like my phone never goes sleep, it turn off screen but keeps a little bit warm and battery drains freaking fast!

am I doing something wrong? how to sleep? (i've never had sleep of death issue beta1 or beta2)

another question, there is a way to install apk at boot? like a personal o2b2update, couse there is some apps built in I cant overwhrite w/ a new one, like launcher Pro (my phone is rooted).

Edited by Carlos_rpg

Guest r1c4rd0
Hi,

I found a workaround that works for me.

Previously I've split my SD card into 2 partitions manually, allocating 2.7GB for the EXT2 partition and had the problem installing programs.

This time I've removed the EXT2 partition and left one FAT32 partition filling all the space.

The installer shrinked it by 1GB and installed Android.

Now I can install applications.

Don't really know what's the cause, but it's a workaround for me.

At first I thought that it's mounted as read-only, but I could delete files from the SD card, so It's still a mystery for me.

The installer shrinked it by 1GB and installed Android? what so you really mean? i have formated my 8gb usd card as FAT32 and set as primary, and still not working, cant instal apps and cant instal any market app...

please a really need help!!!!!

thanks

Guest Extremegmx

Today installed beta2 because the battery life on beta1 was very short(otherwise it worked great,sometimes sleep of death).

2h in sleep mode : from 100% to 96% .. ( i had to hold the hang up button to woke it up, but while I was holding the button I saw just for a 1s like the android is booting?! Is this normal ? )

Edited by Extremegmx

how do you install 2d/3d drivers

can you pls read the other post about android info???/ this question has been ask for a million times now. pls read first before asking. thanks

Does somebody think that some check filesystem script on boot up could be a good idea (especially for the faster ext2 without journaling)?

I can't escape the feeling that the reboots deteriorate the Android experience...

Here I found an idea: http://forum.samdroid.net/f9/i-o-performan...2-one-zip-3369/

Now I'll try to implement it ...

Edited by surenz

Hi all! I finely got the beta2 installed, had to use ubuntu because no other way wold work always got a error telling me something about it cold not find the disk. but to my question is it yest me or do you all have to unplug the headset to make the FM-radio to stop? :P

Guest darkworldzz
Today installed beta2 because the battery life on beta1 was very short(otherwise it worked great,sometimes sleep of death).

2h in sleep mode : from 100% to 96% .. ( i had to hold the hang up button to woke it up, but while I was holding the button I saw just for a 1s like the android is booting?! Is this normal ? )

yes thats haret or the linux kernel

At least in my phone the sleep definitely don't work. Charged to 100%, unplug, killed all apps and processes that I could, press hang-up and wait. In about 15 min the charge droped to 96%.

Now I go to test putting sleep by lock button, I'll report...

Charge 96% , killed all apps and processes , press lock button and wait. In about 30 min the charge droped to 94%.

Theres really a random behavior in this feature.

Edited by slmz