Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

My phone can't get a lock by gps. I use the gps test app, it sees the satelites, but can't connect to them. any ideas?

As I see the gps xtra is enabled in beta2.

In winmo it has a fast lock, so the gps is working...

Please, someone help me :P

Guest 27ylliw
Can anybody help me i did the installation mentioned above but when i run haret from my storage after running it from o2beta i get a blank screen and could anyone post a guide for my storage installation.

Same problem also for me... with the other beta i don't have this problem..

Guest bu11d0g

I had been normally using beta 2 for a while now but all of a sudden after restarting phone (wlan had stopped working) I get

EXT2-fs error: ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #2: inode out of bounds - offset=0, inode...

Failed to execute /init

Kernel panic - not syncing: no init found

Is that fixable? :P

How does this work? can you explain it better?

visit funambol.com on pc, make an account and install windows/outlook client, then connect your phone to your pc...open funambol then sync contacts...on the site you will see your contacts...now install android mobile client and sync with the app(need 3g or wifi)...now your contacts will be there...if not click import/export, import from SIM card...now it works...

Edited by igorbr

Guest alexovy
Plz help me

How can i put may SIM contact to the phone? or how can i see them from the sim?

Go to contacts - Menu (cube button) - inport/export - import sim card contacts.

If this is not solving the problem and it will say "no contacts on sim card...then you have to sync the contacts with some email. You can use gmail.

Guest alexovy
Today installed beta2 because the battery life on beta1 was very short(otherwise it worked great,sometimes sleep of death).

2h in sleep mode : from 100% to 96% .. ( i had to hold the hang up button to woke it up, but while I was holding the button I saw just for a 1s like the android is booting?! Is this normal ? )

It is not booting. I think in sleep mode, Android is turning xwindows off....and remains in console (terminal) and when we push unlock, then it starts the xserver again.

Guest myo2wantandroid
Go to contacts - Menu (cube button) - inport/export - import sim card contacts.

If this is not solving the problem and it will say "no contacts on sim card...then you have to sync the contacts with some email. You can use gmail.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!

Now its working.

The beta 2 ist working relly good. NO freezes since 10 hours. All works fine.

Tank you devs team!

BUT: Battery is draining VERY fast. I have disabled 3g and gps

Edited by myo2wantandroid

Guest felalex
The installer shrinked it by 1GB and installed Android? what so you really mean? i have formated my 8gb usd card as FAT32 and set as primary, and still not working, cant instal apps and cant instal any market app...

please a really need help!!!!!

thanks

Hi,

OK, I'll try to explain more precisely:

I had an SD card with 2 partitions: ~5GB FAT32 for storage and 2.7GB with EXT2 FS for android.

The previous android installation which wasn't working was on the 2.7GB partition.

What I've done is to delete the 2.7GB partition, leaving only ~5GB FAT32 partition and the rest was left as unpartitioned space.

Next I've installed Android on the SD card with the layout above.

The installer wrote that it's resizing the FAT32 partition shrinking it by 1GB , it didn't use the unpartitioned space.

You can see which partitions I currently have in the attached screenshot below.

Now I can install applications and everything seems to work well.

post-616760-1297533914_thumb.jpg

I'll try to expand the EXT2 partition to use the unpartitioned space later on to see if it works.

Hope this helps you.

Guest felalex
Please, someone help me :P

Hi,

GPS is working for me, in Waze and Google maps,although the first lock took a very long time.

Maybe it's worth trying the following:

1) dial *#1472365# to enter the GPS settings.

2) Check that SUPL setting point to the Google server

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

2) Enter "Application Settings" and select "MS Based" in thee operation mode (this should theoretically enable AGPS)

I've tried this, but didn't see significant lock speed increase, but maybe it will help you.

I've also seen an option to enable WIFI help in gps.conf, but didn't try that one yet...

Hope this helps you.

Guest voyteckst
any suggestions on how to root beta2?

unlike in beta 1, titanium backup says it does not have root access.

I installed from beta2_1024 automatic package.

Same way as previously. Link su from /system/xbin/su to /system/bin/su and check if /system/xbin/su has 6755 rights set.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest bobhero
Same way as previously. Link su from /system/xbin/su to /system/bin/su and check if /system/xbin/su has 6755 rights set.

is there an automatic method for this? i'm not familiar with the procedure. thank you?

Hi,

GPS is working for me, in Waze and Google maps,although the first lock took a very long time.

Maybe it's worth trying the following:

1) dial *#1472365# to enter the GPS settings.

2) Check that SUPL setting point to the Google server

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

2) Enter "Application Settings" and select "MS Based" in thee operation mode (this should theoretically enable AGPS)

I've tried this, but didn't see significant lock speed increase, but maybe it will help you.

I've also seen an option to enable WIFI help in gps.conf, but didn't try that one yet...

Hope this helps you.

thanks, i'll try it tomorow :P

Guest MinaseTaki

very weird problem with wifi. no release worked ,the main problem is that the wifi networks are detected for a few seconds (this can or cannot happen) it detects some networks (not all) at random times,but i cant connect to them,and they dissapear quick enough. i use latest build with 3d drivers + in WM WLAN is working fine.

Guest bu11d0g
very weird problem with wifi. no release worked ,the main problem is that the wifi networks are detected for a few seconds (this can or cannot happen) it detects some networks (not all) at random times,but i cant connect to them,and they dissapear quick enough. i use latest build with 3d drivers + in WM WLAN is working fine.

Just keep turning wlan on/off and trying to connect. Eventually it'll connect, at least in my case it does hehe.

Guest mihai_mihai

i'm using the new beta2 and i get sleep of death all the time, didn't hapened when i install it , uninstalled all aplications but nothing

i'll reinstall but i need to know if someone found what stupid programs are in conflict with the system

Guest Phonefreak101

Does anyone have a problem with turning airplane mode on and off? After I set it to airplane mode, I can't turn it off. Despite going to the settings...

Guest r1c4rd0
Hi,

OK, I'll try to explain more precisely:

I had an SD card with 2 partitions: ~5GB FAT32 for storage and 2.7GB with EXT2 FS for android.

The previous android installation which wasn't working was on the 2.7GB partition.

What I've done is to delete the 2.7GB partition, leaving only ~5GB FAT32 partition and the rest was left as unpartitioned space.

Next I've installed Android on the SD card with the layout above.

The installer wrote that it's resizing the FAT32 partition shrinking it by 1GB , it didn't use the unpartitioned space.

You can see which partitions I currently have in the attached screenshot below.

Now I can install applications and everything seems to work well.

post-616760-1297533914_thumb.jpg

I'll try to expand the EXT2 partition to use the unpartitioned space later on to see if it works.

Hope this helps you.

hi there, 1st i want to tank you. i did everything as you sayd and still cant mount the sd ext2 partition.

thanks

once again - excellent work & thanks a lot @ devs!

and - thanks a lot to all the people answering questions, providing walk-troughs, links, videos, sw-recommendations, organizing the info-thread, etc, etc, etc - both here & on the b7610 forums - your patience seems superhuman to me!

one quick suggestion/question:

have you considered opening a sub-forum for this? I think it would be far easier for people to search for a topic with their problem, than to follow - or search - a 150 page thread. it's just easier to search for a topic with linux commands, or for rooting issues, or sleep (of death) or storage-related problems, or android-apps, or....

yes, i know that even then there will be a lot of people who can't be bothered to look first & only ask later - but if you give them (more of) a chance, you might save yourself a great deal of time (and frustration)

just my 2 cents, YMMV.

thanks to everyone - and let me repeat TIEfighter's question: Is there a way to donate to the other Devs than Almar?

(and I'd probably extend this from "devs" to "team", including "troubleshooters/support" like e.g. voyteckst)

Edited by santoo