Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Mr.Lowl
failing after soo many methods means u are doing some gross but basic mistake

read the beta2 installation tutorial carefully in the info thread step by step

and u r repeating always that beta 1 is working beta1 is working.. lol.. did u clean format ur card first? ? ?

of course

Well for starters I tried searching ext4 in this topic and it doesn't work. If you could search to show only posts that have ext4 and only in this topic then these same questions wouldn't keep coming up. So I am not going to search through all 168 pages. I have been keeping track of most of this forum but its easy to miss some posts. Its not in the info topic either.

But my link was to the official issues page where someone said they managed to run it on ext4. I have my doubts but anyone that is EXPERIENCED know if this is just not possible. If its not then someone should post on the issue page that it is not possible.

It's true, 168 pages are too much to search in, and in the issues page said that the had run it in a ext4 partition.

Guest Sinistersky
@Sinistersky: read back what's been written before. Get earlier version of RootExplorer, there is a working one. Beta 2 is rooted by default and most apps recognize that - those that don't are just incompatible.

To overclock our phone special kernel is required and that method has drawbacks - for one the clock is screwed up (based on other phones experiences, maybe devs here will find a way around it, if they ever decide overclocking is even needed for our phone). Fast 2d/3d drivers would be much more helpful but those are outside of their area of expertise (correct me if I'm wrong here :D ).

what version of root explorer do i need to access the root files of the phone?

Do you mean, the battery problem and sleep problem can be fixed like below?

1. Fresh install the beta2

2. Install "simple task killer"

3. Set the processor performance to AUTO in WM

Thats all ?

For me: 1. OK

2. OK

3. Set the processor performance to HI in WM and den start Haret.exe

4. install an start "CallLight" proces

5. "Use only 2G networks".

And Voala! Bateri life seems to be OK (73% to 71% for 4 houers of regular use).

Excuse my "english"!!! :-)

Guest longsin
of course

follow me:

1/ colse ur phone, take out ur SD. backup all.

2/ on PC windows , delete all partitions in the SD with DiskGenius.exe, U need download this software or other .

3/ only Partition a partition, format with fat32. if format success , ur SD is found by ur PC .

4/ from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php u must download Beta 1(Jan 17) and Beta 2 o2b2filesys.zip( Feb 9)

5/ Open a BETA1 package. uncompress Beta 1, delete zImage and ext2.tar.gz

6/ uncompress Beta 2 o2b2filesys.zip , there are two files. u rename o2b2filesys.tar.gz to ext2.tar.gz, then copy two files to BETA1

7/ put SD into phone , open phone in WM, copy all in BETA1 to the root of your 'My Storage', copy o2b2update.tar.gz in attachment to the root of your 'My Storage', too

8/ start--setting---memory setting---format SD

9/ Run \My Storage\o2beta\haret.exe

10/ haret.exe will boot a linux shell on your device and set-up the partitions on the SD card, wait for device to reboot

11/ Run \MyStorage\haret.exe

12/ haret.exe will boot Android from your SD card and set-up routine will run, wait for Android to start. until boot finish. remember : dont setting

13/ close phone , open phone into WM, copy the add package from attachment to the root of your 'My Storage' .

14/ copy one file of add package into the root of your 'My Storage', then Run \MyStorage\haret.exe,wait for Android finish. remember : dont setting.close phone .

15/ open phone into WM, copy one other two file into, repeat 14, last file too.

16 finally finish u setting.

enjoy it

add.rar

o2b2update.tar.gz

Edited by longsin

Do you mean, the battery problem and sleep problem can be fixed like below?

1. Fresh install the beta2

2. Install "simple task killer"

3. Set the processor performance to AUTO in WM

Thats all ?

I mean that for me who always had drain strong and no sleep issue, suddenly stop the problem and what I did went changes in processor mode in WinMo, how I said I dont know what happend, because I just try in every modes and when I return to auto the problem is gone.

please could you explain how to do this

" nt to WM and changed the parameters of the processor performance, I begin with normal, high and ultimately put in auto"

and thanks

Yes, I did exactly so, when reinstall and the battery drain 1% in 10min (with screen off supposely sleeping), I go to WMo and change mode to hight (in auto before). Restart and android still drain a lot. Went to Wmo and put in normal mode, restart and problem still there. Then in last attempt, I did put mode in auto again and when restart problems is no more. Realy crazy!

I'd like to know how this is done too. I put the processor performance to AUTO before loading haret (I had a fresh installation of beta 2 earlier this week), and I'm still leaking battery life. I got about 6 hours out of the phone and it's down to 10%. Interestingly though, when I look at battery usage and cell standby, I don't get the "Time without signal" problem even when I didn't put the phone into 2G mode (Time without signal is pretty much 0%). I'm not quite sure why the performance as fixed in WM would affect the cell radio in Android.

Do not you just install with the processor performance to AUTO before loading haret, must be changing the mode and restarting, in hight mode, restart, put normal mode, restar and at last set in auto, for me it worked.

i dont see why to put processor to auto in wm ? ( i just lookt it up and i am running on high in wm )

now running beta 2 for 3 days and i think today its time to recharge stil 12 % battery left and i call around 20 times a day .

bye bye wm 6.5 .

ow btw is see most of the apps thats not working for the first time like chopper game if u instal the game it sends info about u cellphone to the dev.

and most of the time is see a update 3 days later en bam its works 100 %

best support ever !

I dont know why for some o2droid work fine for other not. Maybe the firmware in WM is the guilty, If for you is everything OK congratulations, for me and more some, this is a nightmare.

Could someone make a nice forum post with all the "tips & tricks" and most common Issues and workarounds ?

because indeed this forum is getting too bloated , i cant find anything anymore, patches and stuff

and by someone i mean someone with some experience

Android does not support ext4 partition... It has been already mentioned in this forum by the way.

People, use the forum search before asking questions!

I wold if i cold

post-678531-1298209442_thumb.png

Guest problematika

Why i getting this message in Ubuntu? like this: cp: cannot stat '/media/DISK0/o2b2update.tar.gz' : input/output error ? Im trying to update 2D/3D libs...but always getting error like this! I tried to install android on My storage (no SD)...created and formated FAT32, ext2...but ubuntu recognize my 'disk' like 'disk_'. anyone have same problem?

try make ext3 partition with 1024mb.. or not more than 2gb :D

Thanks mate! U saved my Android's fillings ^^ Could I ask u how u know this particular trick?

this is mine:

[1] 1024MB FAT - cluster 32kb - primary type - named it as "disk0"

[2] 1024MB EXT3 - cluster 4kb - primary type - named it as "disk"

[3] 5.66GB FAT32 - cluster 32kb - logical type - named it as "WMStorage"

I've got 2 problems with this configuration:

1. I'm not sure about which statement I've to insert in the Default.txt file in order to run correctly Android;

2. Did u manage to address WMStorage from WM or from Android? I don't have a SD card (my inner memory is 8GB, then I've never needed one), so, could I address the 'third partition' as it would be an external SD card?

Cheers :D

Guest gauravv

i have a strange problem

i was using android but then when i shut it down and start again i get kernal panic it happened two times!!

and can some post call light apk plz....as wifi nt wrkg on b7610

thks

Guest alexovy
i have a strange problem

i was using android but then when i shut it down and start again i get kernal panic it happened two times!!

and can some post call light apk plz....as wifi nt wrkg on b7610

thks

1. it happend to me too...just remake the ext2 partition...actually try to make it ext3 and then install again;

2. just google for: yeap...you got it: "call light apk" :D

Edited by alexovy

Guest alexovy

"2011-02-20 ¶

* Corrected bugs in display driver, FIMD4x, made end_call button work. Striping lines still occur after sleeping/resuming, this is due to the resume/suspend mechanisme, the display driver is ok. Observed bug of not booting correctly without usb charger connected (before my patches). Implemented TS calibration, should be possible to pass a calibration file contents via kernel parameters. Have to test this out though. "

Muhahaaaaa...I can't wait!

Guest Sinistersky
"2011-02-20 ¶

* Corrected bugs in display driver, FIMD4x, made end_call button work. Striping lines still occur after sleeping/resuming, this is due to the resume/suspend mechanisme, the display driver is ok. Observed bug of not booting correctly without usb charger connected (before my patches). Implemented TS calibration, should be possible to pass a calibration file contents via kernel parameters. Have to test this out though. "

Muhahaaaaa...I can't wait!

why? do you know what these things mean? xD

I've used this guide on XDA

works like a charm ! way better than my last install

that was the most typical way , how the dev's wrote the installation method

ITS FROM XDA USER EMPTYARA

"

-----------------------------------------------------------

FIRST OF ALL, CHANGE UR WINMO SPEED PERFORMACE TO AUTO RATHER THAN HIGH.. IT WILL AFFECT ANDROID BATTERY CONSUMPTION LATER..

1.Partition

make sure that ur SD card is properly delete the previous Android installed (if any)

first, go to samsung setting in winmo > memory > storage card > format. (don't forget to backup)

then, do the partition like below using Minitool Partition Wizard.

- SD Card -

FAT - primary type - name it as u like.

- My Storage -

4gb FAT - primary type - named it as "disk0"

[ii] 2gb EXT3 - primary type - named it as "disk"

[iii] 'balance remain' gb FAT - logical type - named it as u like. mine is "Backup"

if u want back ur Winmo Recovery Partition if its in case u accidently had delete it..JUST LIKE ME u have to flash with .mst (Winmo) through Octans.

Through Windows in PC,

copy all the file in android beta2 into "My Storage"

[ii] DONT FORGET TO INCLUDE 3D LIBS TOGETHER. U also need to rename 3d lib to 'o2b2update'. by default it is 'o2bupdate'. IF NOT, IT WILL NOT EVEN BOOT.

[iii] change the last line in 'default.txt' in 'My Storage' Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

2. Untar into EXT3 or also known as "/disk" through Ubuntu

type in this command using Terminal

"sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/" wait till it finish.

[ii] "cd /media/disk/" there will be a line like : "cd /media/disk$" appear.

[iii] "sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk" wait till it finish untar all the necessary data.

Re-Open terminal

[iv] "sudo cp /media/DISK0/o2b2update.tar.gz /media/disk/"

[v] "cd /media/disk/"

[vi] "sudo tar xzvf o2b2update.tar.gz -C /media/disk"

*1 = Mine own steps

....CLOSE TERMINAL n done with Ubuntu ! unplug n run haret !! Enjoy it.. " ( edit : by running haret we mean : mystorage -> haret.exe NOT /beta2/haret

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*1 = Only last things i did was remove the o2b2update.tar.gz from mystorage at last step since there is no point of installing twice

and rebooting the phone, plug in charger boot haret

i dont know if this one is already on modaco because i cant use the search option, gives me a error

Edited by jjrt

Guest cicciosprint
guys i bought a hd2 and now i'm using android 2.3.2 on nand :D

however i will keep this project on my i8000

Isn't buying a non-native Android device (the HD2), a device that doesn't even meet the requirements for updating to Honeycomb or Ice Cream, a bit of overkill, not to say a very UNwise purchase? Oh well, whatever... choice is yours, I would've rather saved up for an Atrix or Galaxy S II.

Anyway, fresh hot changelog!

Corrected bugs in display driver, FIMD4x, made end_call button work. Striping lines still occur after sleeping/resuming, this is due to the resume/suspend mechanisme, the display driver is ok. Observed bug of not booting correctly without usb charger connected (before my patches). Implemented TS calibration, should be possible to pass a calibration file contents via kernel parameters. Have to test this out though.

Guest speedfrog

what's the point of buying hd2 and run android on it when you just can buy a android device instead? :D

-------------------

good news:

2011-02-20

Corrected bugs in display driver, FIMD4x, made end_call button work. Striping lines still occur after sleeping/resuming, this is due to the resume/suspend mechanisme, the display driver is ok. Observed bug of not booting correctly without usb charger connected (before my patches). Implemented TS calibration, should be possible to pass a calibration file contents via kernel parameters. Have to test this out though.

what's the point of buying hd2 and run android on it when you just can buy a android device instead? :D

-------------------

good news:

I think that he bought it because you can install Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7, Android, Ubuntu and Maemo! You can have 5 decives in all one! It's incredible!

(Correct me if I'm wrong) :D

Edited by urkopi