Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest malavin
QUOTE(shoarmabakpao @ Feb 23 2011, 11:47) *

LG GT540= -101 dBm 6 asu / -99 dBm 7 asu

Omnia 2= -81 dBm 16 asu

Both phones located at the same exact spot.

Omnia 2 -81 dbm 16 asu

¿What want this to say? :huh:

Omnia 2 -81dBm 16 asu

Same Signal strength...

Edited by malavin

Guest KEV_batas

hey i dnt know if this works but im trying to install to my storage with ubuntu but im trying a work around by using a ext2 file system driver for windows... so will this work if i choose to extract the files to my ext2 partition via this method and not via terminal in ubuntu.. if some consider this a stupid question forgive me cause i dnt know much :huh:

Who have sleeping problem, please pay attention in this post:

Exactly! I did "2G only" set and my phone got sleep again, 4% last 9 hs. However on reboot the set is lost and I've to do it again. So the radio part seems to be the guilt of behavior this issue.

EDIT: OK! This is confirmed, in last two hours I left my phone in sleep just pressing hangup button, and the battery dont drain nothing, 0%. Simply setting "use only 2G network", I have not use GPRS, nor APN I have set.

OBS: Here in my city carrier dont have umts only edge, what too confirm theory of permanent 3G scan avoiding sleep.

I would like to know how set the system to dont lost 2g only configuration on reboot...

Some pages behind I said something like that.

Guest TIEfighter
Err, -97 dBm is lower than -81 dBm. But the finding may be correct, if it is never higher than -81 than the power output would be to high.

sorry, should have written negative value :huh:

Yes, and I do this when my battery is low. Turn on only when I need to make a call.

Yes it looks like that.

3g active = beeing out on the ocean, 20 Km from the nearest 3G emitter

I made this test - airplane mode for about 9 hours of standby. And power drain is almost the same: 100%->80%.

But I will try again tonight, we'll see.

Guest fusioncoast
Quick question,

Whenever the camera works in all it's glory would our device be capable of recording 720p according to the hardware that is in this device?

Just like the nexus one went from 480p recording to 720p just by an software update and it works great on that device, that's why I'm asking :huh:

hope it works soon but the screen resolution is also at qvga level hope android brings out the full Res n colors on the amoled screen

I made the original -81 dBm findings.

While this problem exists, use an app called 'Data on Demand' which switches off 3g while the phone is on standby. After 6 hours off charge, with 'light' use, my battery has dropped by only 20%.

The best its ever been.

Remember, everyone should vary, the farther away your phone is from the cell transmitter, the louder it will have to 'shout' which uses more power. This is why many people seeing a receive signal sterngth of -81dBm is suspicious.

(-97dBm is a WEAKER receive signal than -81dBm) dBm is a logarithmic power RATIO relative to one milliwatt. Every -3dBm difference is a factor of a half

At the phone dialpad type *#0011#. This will bring up a GSM service screen showing the levels from the RF transceiver chip.

The second line will show the receiver channel and the true reception strength. Wave the phone about and this will change.

There are other levels there such as Tx power which may be useful in diagnosing this issue.

Vic

Edited by Vic20

Guest speedfrog

You do not need to shout out that the search does not work, it doesnt help. if you want something to be fixed send a PM to the admins (i have already done it)

Guest shoarmabakpao
hope it works soon but the screen resolution is also at qvga level hope android brings out the full Res n colors on the amoled screen

True, that's the same thing I would love to see too!

I think it will be up and running, they just need some time. In the meanwhile i'm also learning a bit about coding and such which is also great for further devolpment

I got freezes again in ext4 use.. Already tried setcpu and continues the problem... I'll try unistall some apps like task killer.

EDIT: I guess I know whatta hapens, reformating in big partition now...

Edited by slmz

Guest thew0lf

Actually, the screen is at its full resolution (WVGA 800x480), but the graphic ressources used by the build are MDPI. They would need to make a fresh build from AOSP to get HDPI graphics.

Edited by thew0lf

Guest problematika

One question about live wallpapers and angry birds. I downloaded 2 files (o2update.tar.gz and o2update1.tar.gz), rename them as o2b2update.tar.gz, run ubuntu, try to untar that files (one by one)....but getting this meesage in terminal: gzip stdin has more than one entry! Wtf is that? I have Android installed on my storage (with ubuntu - no sd card). That was for wallpapers. And about angry birds...which patch i need to install to get working well? Can I download that patch from market or from my PC and install it through ADB? :huh:

Guest ashburn

guys im having a problem which i doubt most of you guys are having. I did another fresh install of Beta 2 & everytime it boots to android at the statusbar it will show me my SD card is damaged.

anybody has encounter this before? if do please provide some info on how to get it fix.

Edited by ashburn