Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

guys im having a problem which i doubt most of you guys are having. I did another fresh install of Beta 2 & everytime it boots to android at the statusbar it will show me my SD card is damaged.

anybody has encounter this before? if do please provide some info on how to get it fix.

Format it with WinMo, and it will be working well!

Regards

Guest ashburn
Format it with WinMo, and it will be working well!

Regards

Fortunately i did try formatting it with WinMo, then reinstalled android & i still get SD Card Damaged on my android statusbar

guys im having a problem which i doubt most of you guys are having. I did another fresh install of Beta 2 & everytime it boots to android at the statusbar it will show me my SD card is damaged.

anybody has encounter this before? if do please provide some info on how to get it fix.

You dont need to format just check for errors with mini tool partition

Guest ashburn
You dont need to format just check for errors with mini tool partition

okay dude thanks that did just the trick. My SD card when to safe something. and i used SD Format to get it removed and then use Minitool.. it works properly now.

Guest aerovolce

I started a new thread with all of the patches that seems to be the best (including cpu 2d3d and much more). So before everyone ask for another link for the patches, please check it out first and check if it works for you. This thread seems to be getting loaded with junk and repeated questions. I love you guys, awesome community

Guest bennyhuang

I removed the SetCPU, and set the Screen standby time to 2 Minute from 1. It don't have a single sleep issue now. I think the 1 Minute is too short for our beta2, it makes the Screen Off in endless loop (maybe sometimes, the awaking program has problem to count time I guess ).

could your guys identify?

my android installed in my storage, partition: ext4.

Edited by bennyhuang

Guest turnado1979
hmmm... why doesn't anyone use the modified sd.cpio.gz made by the devs?

which is capable of installing to My storage or SD card ?

here is the link to it:

http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/downl...name=sd.cpio.gz

and instructions on how to use it written by the developers them selfs:

If you want to install to my storage, or if you don't have my storage, or you don't have SD card, you can download modified installer from downloads section of this site. This file is for 1 GB install only. It will install with 1 GB partition whether you used beta1024.zip or beta512.zip.

after getting all required files, decide two things. First install FROM "My storage" or "SD Card", second install TO "My storage" or "SD Card". Once you've decided, everything is ready to install android.

-------------------------

Thanks devs and were waiting for a new release.

i used this method and worked with me but surprised that the ext 2/3 partitions is 512 mb only as i am using 1 gb installer

how can i change to 1 GB partitions as i think it is more stable

Edited by turnado1979

Guest Sinistersky
i used this method and worked with me but surprised that the ext 2/3 partitions is 512 mb only as i am using 1 gb installer

how can i change to 1 GB partitions as i think it is more stable

can this installer be used with beta2?

Guest Sinistersky
actually i used it only with beta 2

awesome...ill try it out today...only had problems with manual install with ubuntu xD hope this takes me further than the bootscreen

is it possible to install android directly to ext4 partition? Without installing it to ext2/3 and then convert data to ext4?

Thank you!

Yes, I manually installed beta2_1024, 2d/3d libs onto SD card, 2047MB EXT4 using gparted only.

Phone is on steroid run very fast,

I have got one freeze after 24hrs of usage and was in the middle of WIFI use, the phone got really warm, and hung.

I dont use any special apps such as cpu, taskkiller, no 2g only, just the keepscreen app.

Inbuilt calculator still not working, but I think if I have the apk file I can make it works by reinstall it, this is how I fix all the

apps that dont work just after the fresh install such as the Home Switcher app.

Apart from that it is going great, battery can last up to 48hrs if I control the usage of wi-fi and also using timerific app,

so far no sleep of death with or without charging.

Sum it up, Android is usable as is, I cant imagine how good it would be at release candidate stage and beyond.

Guest mkmkwong

I purchased a KingMax Class 10 8G SDHC card & installed EXT4 Android but the performance only have little difference comparing of my previous SanDisk Class 4 4G card.

I tested the speed of SD card by SD Tools

Class 10 Card Result: 4MB/s for writing & 10MB/s for reading

Class 4 Card Result: 3.XMB/s for writing & 6MB/s for reading

Anyone knows how to improve the writing speed of SD card in O2?

Class 10 card should have min 10MB/s RW speed.

Thanks all.

Where do you test that speed? In WinMO or Android ? And if in Android then where?

I have an Sandisk Ultra 4GB card and in WinMO (set as USB flash drive) the speeds are similar to your class 4 card: 3,7MB/s writing and 6,3 for reading. And the card is supposed to be class 6 (as printed on the card itself).

And my Toshiba class 2 16GB card is almost as slow: 3,4MB/s writing and 6,1MB/s reading.

I should add they are transfer speeds from phone to PC not internal Phone speeds.

Oh, sorry, did not see "I tested the speed of SD card by SD Tools" - my bad :huh:

Edited by mat9v

Guest mkmkwong
Where do you test that speed? In WinMO or Android ? And if in Android then where?

I have an Sandisk Ultra 4GB card and in WinMO (set as USB flash drive) the speeds are similar to your class 4 card: 3,7MB/s writing and 6,3 for reading. And the card is supposed to be class 6 (as printed on the card itself).

And my Toshiba class 2 16GB card is almost as slow: 3,4MB/s writing and 6,1MB/s reading.

Tested in Android by SD tools

Guest bennyhuang
Yes, I manually installed beta2_1024, 2d/3d libs onto SD card, 2047MB EXT4 using gparted only.

I have got one freeze after 24hrs of usage and was in the middle of WIFI use, the phone got really warm, and hung.

I dont use any special apps such as cpu, taskkiller, no 2g only, just the keepscreen app.

Inbuilt calculator still not working, but I think if I have the apk file I can make it works by reinstall it, this is how I fix all the

Apart from that it is going great, battery can last up to 48hrs if I control the usage of wi-fi and also using timerific app,

Sum it up, Android is usable as is, I cant imagine how good it would be at release candidate stage and beyond.

could you advise which 2d/3d libs you installed? Please give a link. thanks!

Guest deadman1007

After upgarde to ext4 my key's don't work

i've used keymap and fix provided by jimmad in his tutorial, and also everything is done by tutorial

but no result

what should i do please help

I purchased a KingMax Class 10 8G SDHC card & installed EXT4 Android but the performance only have little difference comparing of my previous SanDisk Class 4 4G card.

I tested the speed of SD card by SD Tools

Class 10 Card Result: 4MB/s for writing & 10MB/s for reading

Class 4 Card Result: 3.XMB/s for writing & 6MB/s for reading

Anyone knows how to improve the writing speed of SD card in O2?

Class 10 card should have min 10MB/s RW speed.

Thanks all.

I think you proved my theory that the bottleneck is the sd card controller and not the SD card itself (especially for the more critical write speed).

Perhaps, the My storage is not as fast as class10 SD card but has a better interface to the CPU and that's why most of us received better results and fluidity when installed on Internal storage.

Edited by surenz

guys be careful. dont know what happend but it bricked my Omnia II.

had android booted without prob, had it laying on the table for 2 hours,

tried to wake up, damn another SOD i thought. rebooted

now it states that mine simcard is broken. i've tried another simcard also broken .

i dont think i have 2 broken simcards,.. but the phone is

I've removed battery, reset , hard reset code , everything i could think off no luck =(

filling in a RMA as we speak

Guest elbee72

i've used keymap and fix provided by jimmad in his tutorial, and also everything is done by tutorial

but no result

Do you use a i8000 of b7610?

What keys do work? and at what time (before sleep, after)?

Does all the other stuff (market/wifi/3g) work for you?

You could install OSmonitor and/or alogcat from market and check your key scancodes.

After this you can check if your scancodes are defined right in the /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl keyboard file.

You could use a mix of updated keydriver (because of new ext4 kernel) and old .kl files in android, or an other non working combo's.

but no result

you are the second person report problems with key mapping

show here take the key mapping directly from my omnia

o2b2update_KEYS.tar.gz

and plz report if your problem is fixed

(i hope the link is working cause i dont know sh!!t about how to post in forums)

Edited by jimmad

Guest alexovy

can you tell us exactly what did you do, in steps?

Thank you!