Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

that will be real good if almar or other made real time update, just upload the files and we can make a manual update.

thanks

already got that, read the site ;)

@ owners of the google code page,

Update with : detailed installation guide ( way 2 many questions are asked on this forum )

Clear bugtracker with false reports ( the B7610 thingie , and the video codec nonsense stuff like that )

Also : make start post more logical @ MoDaCo forum maybe also with a detailed installation guide

Maybe a list with possible fixes coming with the new release. so people stop whining about : when is almar gonna release this and that and is he gonna patch that ?

That would make this forum less noobish Q&A and more focused on helping out.

PS sorry for my bad english :)

Guest redzone321

I fixed my market issue. just went to installed apps and removed the update for marketplace then it worked!

Also what files should we back up encase we corrupt the image?

Edited by redzone321

Hello Everyone!! I have already try out both of the Beta1024/512. And I also encounter alot of problem, and I cannot even finish the Set-Up, and it be comes not responding anymore.. ): Anybody can help me?? Thanks!

Guest TIEfighter
Hello Everyone!! I have already try out both of the Beta1024/512. And I also encounter alot of problem, and I cannot even finish the Set-Up, and it be comes not responding anymore.. ): Anybody can help me?? Thanks!

Have you added the o2bupdate.tar file that you can find some pages ago in this forum? If not, please do so ;) You can find information on how to do it on the download page of this project

Have you added the o2bupdate.tar file that you can find some pages ago in this forum? If not, please do so ;) You can find information on how to do it on the download page of this project

Alright! Thank you. Trying it now. :)

Guest drwakey
in the google code page, said that the froyo version issue was the sleep bug,

the todat update means that the new kernel will be froyo??? or is just android 2.1 with no sleep bug?

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ;)

what great news, guess we'll can start then using it all the time :)

Guest TIEfighter
It's very cool, but why is it freezes after 5-10 minutes of use?

Edited by TIEfighter

Finally I can start using it after patching it. Will try out the Wifi and installing of Apps tomorrow. So excited!! ;) Hope that the Update of the Beta will be out soon. Fighting!

Guest Sinistersky

for those of you asking me for angry birds on PM ;) here is the link for Angry Birds 1.3.5 with texture patch...it will run fast, but you'll still notice some white blocks here and there...but hej, at least it's playable and pretty darn fast xD

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...26#post10462026

2nd Post for downloads

Edited by Sinistersky

for those of you asking me for angry birds on PM ;) here is the link for Angry Birds 1.3.5 with texture patch...it will run fast, but you'll still notice some white blocks here and there...but hej, at least it's playable and pretty darn fast xD

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...26#post10462026

2nd Post for downloads

Does anyone know if TomTom will work on android then if i change from winmo to android ???

Guest CalvinH

Hi guys!

I haven't notice this posted, but the sleep patch is out already...

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

It's on the top of the page (at least it is right now).

Having some problems with the @·"#|@ google acount. Can't skit it neither log in, but anyway very happy to be fiddling with Android.

Regards.

PS XD XD XD XD It's funny to see how many of us are following this thing any moment

Edited by CalvinH

Hey everybody!

Fix for sleep has been just posted! Rejoice!!!!

HeHe, should have refreshed before posting ;)

103 users reading the thread - just goes to show how.... outdated for us WinMO has become and how much Android is anticipated.

Edited by mat9v

someboby help me...wifi freeze my phone...i did turn on, but when i go wifi settings, it's freeze the phone and restart...what should i do?

sorry my english...

Guest voyteckst
well...my phone went asleep a little too much ;)

Had the same. After reboot (strange) it should work fine. Also sometimes it takes longer to wake up (just wait).

Guest TIEfighter
someboby help me...wifi freeze my phone...i did turn on, but when i go wifi settings, it's freeze the phone and restart...what should i do?

sorry my english...

Have you added the o2bupdate.tar file that you can find some pages ago in this forum? If not, please do so ;) You can find information on how to do it on the download page of this project. If you have already done that, maybe try a fresh installation :-)

Had the same. After reboot (strange) it should work fine. Also sometimes it takes longer to wake up (just wait).

okay, i´ll try

Guest thew0lf

I'd like to strongly thank all three devs that have been working on this during their free time a LOT, even though people were impatient and some time not nice to them at all.

Thank you so much for the hard work, and for willing to go further ! ;)

Have you added the o2bupdate.tar file that you can find some pages ago in this forum? If not, please do so ;) You can find information on how to do it on the download page of this project. If you have already done that, maybe try a fresh installation :-)

yes, i added the update yet...what's "fresh installation"?