Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest jackep_82
I assume that you have /media/disk/... folder? Have you tried to cd there from the terminal? How about sudo when executing the script?

yes i have the /media/disk and what do you mean cd from the terminal? how do i do that? im a real noob with ubuntu :(

Guest lemalin
yes i have the /media/disk and what do you mean cd from the terminal? how do i do that? im a real noob with ubuntu :(

OK. So start the terminal if not started yet. At the prompt, type cd /media/disk/system/lib/hw, hit enter and see what is the result.

Guest jackep_82
OK. So start the terminal if not started yet. At the prompt, type cd /media/disk/system/lib/hw, hit enter and see what is the result.

i finally got it lol.. turns out i forgot to pu a "/" before media/disk... my bad :( but thank you so much for helping me out

Guest alexovy

After 24h of using the new update, I have a lot of SOD and freezes a lot.

Is it just me?

Who doesn't have SOD can you tell us what graphic driver and what CPU driver do you have?

Thank you!

Guest ashburn

I don't have SOD with the latest update. I'm using graphic driver provided by a user here.. i forget his ID... its in this topic... and i never use any other programs like cpumaster or what so ever to set the CPU. Just a clean install + 2D/3D + Latest update. Everything works fine. But i still don't know how to get GPS working.

Guest ashburn

I don't have SOD with the latest update. I'm using graphic driver provided by a user here.. i forget his ID... its in this topic... and i never use any other programs like cpumaster or what so ever to set the CPU. Just a clean install + 2D/3D + Latest update. Everything works fine. But i still don't know how to get GPS working.

/data/app is place where they're installed. Question is where they're downloaded ;-)

oops.. was looking for apk files and my downloaded stuff ^^

run quadrant and look how many points in 3d you have..then it's easy to say which you a re using

Guest xcavs

Hi everyone, just want to ask something that bother me. Apparently my phone can not charge 100%, stop at 98% in four hour charge (without any usage). Anyone? :(

Sorry for my bad english..

Edited by xcavs

Guest kgp700

to dev team...

korea omnia2 need to use beta1's dpram.ko,param.ko and modified for korea omnia2 multipdp.ko modules using telephone network and 3g in korea omnia2

otherwise can't working telephone and 3g network

we must using beta1's dpram.ko,param.ko and modify multipdp.ko modules

but after 3.3.2011 modules update,

use beta1 modules(dpram.ko,param.ko and modify multipdp.ko)

-> version magic error

displayed in haret-> version magic '2.6.31-bfs310-svn93 mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '2.6.31-bfs310 mod_unload ARMv6'

we need using 3.3.2011modules and beta1 module(dpram.ko,param.ko and modified multipdp.ko) at the same time

why changed demand kernel version?

i'm so sad... :( :(

please fix it

and sorry for my bad english

Guest vidavi
run quadrant and look how many points in 3d you have..then it's easy to say which you a re using

Which version of quadrant should we run to test 3d?

Guest n4m3less

the cause of my sod, with last update, are the driver of the cpu (download in repository trhead)! without them I have solved! someone confirm it?

Guest alexovy
the cause of my sod, with last update, are the driver of the cpu (download in repository trhead)! without them I have solved! someone confirm it?

can you tell us from quadrant - system info, what CPU driver do you have now?

thank you

Guest voyteckst
to dev team...

korea omnia2 need to use beta1's dpram.ko,param.ko and modified for korea omnia2 multipdp.ko modules using telephone network and 3g in korea omnia2

otherwise can't working telephone and 3g network

we must using beta1's dpram.ko,param.ko and modify multipdp.ko modules

but after 3.3.2011 modules update,

use beta1 modules(dpram.ko,param.ko and modify multipdp.ko)

-> version magic error

displayed in haret-> version magic '2.6.31-bfs310-svn93 mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '2.6.31-bfs310 mod_unload ARMv6'

we need using 3.3.2011modules and beta1 module(dpram.ko,param.ko and modified multipdp.ko) at the same time

why changed demand kernel version?

i'm so sad... :( :(

please fix it

and sorry for my bad english

Check this one: zImage.zip. I've disabled CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO

Edited by voyteckst

Guest kgp700
Check this one: zImage.zip. I've disabled CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO

thanks but we need modify some kernel

i8000 kernel using on korea omnia2 -> kernel panic

it's relate kernel usb setting

have some different

Guest voyteckst
Anyone knows how to disable the automatic screen brightness sensor....... :(

Comment in init.rc entry:

write /sys/class/lightsensor/switch_cmd/lightsensor_file_cmd 1

thanks but we need modify some kernel

i8000 kernel using on korea omnia2 -> kernel panic

it's relate kernel usb setting

have some different

So just disable in config: CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO

Edited by voyteckst

Guest Sinistersky

so...anyone knows how to freaking make the o2b2update.tar.gz install itself from my storage? cuz it is not installing itself...and just to confirm... stk_21 drivers are not working with latest version on ext4 ... rapid drivers work great

Guest jimmad
so...anyone knows how to freaking make the o2b2update.tar.gz install itself from my storage? cuz it is not installing itself...and just to confirm... stk_21 drivers are not working with latest version on ext4 ... rapid drivers work great

they working just fine

ext4_on_mystorage_with_stk_21_and_cpulibs.jpg

Guest harrypotter222

I had a lot of SODs and serious battery drain on BETA 2 which prevented me from using it at all (I used keepscreen and setCPU but it didn't help much)

With Mar 3 update, no SOD so far...

In *#*#4636#*#*, I also change to WCDMA only instead of GSM only, I think it depends on what carrier you have?

I am on Bell Canada I8000L

I can't get the GPS to work though, can't download XTRA bin data, whatever that is. Anyone know how to fix GPS?

Keeping an eye on battery performance for the next few days...

Guest mihai_mihai
After 24h of using the new update, I have a lot of SOD and freezes a lot.

Is it just me?

Who doesn't have SOD can you tell us what graphic driver and what CPU driver do you have?

Thank you!

nop me to

am facut tot ce scria acolo in ubuntu terminal

got freez and sleep of death and a very hot cpu, fresh install and updates with 3d driver and keys

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest problematika

@voyteckst

Do you know the path where can i put my mp3 or photo throught ADB, which will be normal recognized by my device? something like /data/app or /system/lib....you know what I mean? :( because i don have SD card...is there any other way? pls, help! :(

Edited by problematika