Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest paranoiadk
hi, everyone,

I tried to modify framework-res.apk to make the android 2.3 theme

but i have a problem, time is the color of black

like this:

wp6cx19ebz2gkcmb1zoi.png

This is only a small part of me to amend ,the main problem is time color

Anyone know how to modify time color into white

thank you.

sorry my English ,I learn English now :(

post-850582-1299383846_thumb.png

try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=535630

you'll also need java.

Guest siriarobe1

I tried to install Sigic Aura, but not works and tells me Aura requires 3D hardware Accellerator.

It 's a driver problem or you can not use this program??

Thank you very much.

Omnia 2 with Android is reborn!

Edited by siriarobe1

I tried to install Sigic Aura, but not works and tells me Aura requires 3D hardware Accellerator.

It 's a driver problem or you can not use this program??

Thank you very much.

Omnia 2 with Android is reborn!

hw acc is not supported so far

Guest AoSra1n

amazing work here. absolutely love it. keep it up guys. :(

After using it for a few days, here are my main issues.

-Keyboard has pinyin (chinese) which is annoying

-cant get my Windows drivers to detect it (i.e. cant get adb working...but this is probably my fault)

-time is still incorrect for me and i cant change time/date as its greyed out (sim problem? as i cant access call waiting feature as well. I'm on an Three Mobile - Australian carrier)

If anyone has a solution to these problems then id like to know (sorry if they've already been asked/answered. i skipped a lot of the 200 page discussion). Thanks.

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest problematika
amazing work here. absolutely love it. keep it up guys. :(

After using it for a few days, here are my main issues.

-Back button is annoying (camera key) - is it possible to make it 'end call' key?

-Keyboard has pinyin (chinese) which is annoying

-cant get my Windows drivers to detect it (i.e. cant get adb working...but this is probably my fault)

If anyone has a solution to these problems then id like to know (sorry if they've already been asked/answered. i skipped a lot of the 200 page discussion). Thanks.

yes, you skip everything, but nevermind... :( back button - dont know, i use as default. keyboard - long push and hold on "?123" (or something similar) and change keyboard to android keyboard! drivers - look at manual for ADB (written by Rapid), topic is http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...e-omnia-2-info/ - there u can find very usefull informations! :)

Guest Sinistersky

The accelerometer has a lag of about 0.674 sec...Is ther a way to decrease that LAG? I noticed it whilw playing labyritnth lite

Guest joser1309
could you tell me more detail?

you just take WINMO's fimrware upgrade by using OCTAN or anything else?

or just replaced .bin file(phone) in android partition's SD folder?

and... the bin file which you use is I8000XXJF1 right? thanks :(

sorry for my english

I changed the the phone using Octans . the second test I did was leave it in 3 g , at 9.30 pm had 36% battery, after being in sleep all night now at 4.30am still had 33% battery

Guest r1c4rd0
I changed the the phone using Octans . the second test I did was leave it in 3 g , at 9.30 pm had 36% battery, after being in sleep all night now at 4.30am still had 33% battery

how is that possible? my battery drains faster than yours, 12 hous and its all drained.

can you tell you battery use in settings? in my battery system, android system consume a lot, 90% how is that possible? while cell standby 2%

i think i need help, thanks

Maybe Your provider don't support it?

How can I revert this process to old ones, for manual time insertion?

Edited by slmz

how is that possible? my battery drains faster than yours, 12 hous and its all drained.

can you tell you battery use in settings? in my battery system, android system consume a lot, 90% how is that possible? while cell standby 2%

i think i need help, thanks

Have you tested aeroplane mode, and see how much it is consuming of charge? Radio part can be the cause.

edit .sh from 1 to 0 look one page back

Thanks, I thought it was right, but Voyteckst confuse me when said:"-Maybe Your provider don't support it?".

Edited by slmz

Guest AoSra1n
yes, you skip everything, but nevermind... :( back button - dont know, i use as default. keyboard - long push and hold on "?123" (or something similar) and change keyboard to android keyboard! drivers - look at manual for ADB (written by Rapid), topic is http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...e-omnia-2-info/ - there u can find very usefull informations! :(

Thanks! i found it too. Fixed the keyboard issue and im currently trying for ADB as this will allow me to remap the buttons AND help me fix my time (time update didnt work for me, and i want to manually change time). But here's my issue.

I search manually and find the extracted Samsung ADB folder (driver). I have a 32bit operating system, so i choose x86 (i browse to SamsungADB/usb_driver/x86). It returns, 'Windows could not find the driver software for your device'. ive restarted my Windows Vista comp and still same issue.

Am i doing the right thing? is this what everyone else did?

UPDATE: To check if my driver inf file had my phone hardware ID, i tried manually adding it to the android_usb.inf file in the x86 folder (as per the instruction on http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-omnia-2-info/). But i couldnt find 'SAMSUNG OMNIA II' in the inf file...(only Galaxy appears to be there) - I feel this may be the problem, but how do i fix it with my hardware ID if i cant find Samsung Omnia II listing at all???

UPDATE 2: FIXED! I ended up searching for the '%USB\VID_04E8' in the inf file and found three entries (as per the instructions). I copied my hardware ids after each of them.

Only problem is that it installed itself as a GALAXY S. I think if i changed all the Galaxy entries in the inf file to OMNIA II, this may have changed, but i didnt because i didnt know if it would affect anything else. Im not too fussed anyway.

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest r1c4rd0
Have you tested aeroplane mode, and see how much it is consuming of charge? Radio part can be the cause.

no, but its says android system is consuming 90% of battery and cellstandby is only 2%. the main cause is the android system, thats why i dont understand...

thanks

Guest surenz

UPDATE: To check if my driver inf had my phone hardware ID, i tried manually adding it to the android_usb.inf file in the x86 folder. But i couldnt find 'SAMSUNG OMNIA II' in the inf file...(only Galaxy S appears to be there) - I feel this may be the problem, but how do i fix it with my hardware ID if i cant find Samsung Omnia II listing at all???

Don't make so many efforts but install the ADB Wireless Widget from the Market and connect via Wi-Fi.

No need of drivers and so on .... just connect to the ip:port (by default the port is 5555)

Guest AoSra1n
Don't make so many efforts but install the ADB Wireless Widget from the Market and connect via Wi-Fi.

No need of drivers and so on .... just connect to the ip:port (by default the port is 5555)

Haha i was under the impression you needed drivers for that! doh!! shouldve told me that sooner. im quite a noob to android. thanks for your help.

no, but its says android system is consuming 90% of battery and cellstandby is only 2%. the main cause is the android system, thats why i dont understand...

thanks

Make sure your wifi is off, just rebooting and no put it on (there is a possibility wifi no desable properly), and make test, android system by it self dont consume energy too much.

Guest problematika

Does anyone have problem with SOD when boot up Android from WM? When I boot Android, everything goes just fine...boot screen, pin code, etc. Then I work on Android about 1-2 min and push "end call" button to put my device to sleep...and then sleep of death. No chance to wake it up. :( And another funny thing - when I do all that but conected on charger, there's no sleep of death and I can wake up my device. Does anyone expirience same problem? what can I do...fresh install or something else?

Edited by problematika