Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Sinistersky
I think it means 24bit colour rather than the 16bit we are seeing now. This will enable more colours to be shown by the screen and will get rid of the colour gradient steps you see when graphics have a gradual change in colour on the screen.

Win mo has colour banding and some but not many versions have ditherring. It is a limit of win mo operating system and drivers not the limit of our screen. See below link

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2008/03/...op-displays.ars

Yes, Pete B is right... I found something aswell

http://stuffthathappens.com/blog/2010/06/0...-color-banding/

Might explain a few things :D

Guest urkopi
Yes, Pete B is right... I found something aswell

http://stuffthathappens.com/blog/2010/06/0...-color-banding/

Might explain a few things :D

I think it means 24bit colour rather than the 16bit we are seeing now. This will enable more colours to be shown by the screen and will get rid of the colour gradient steps you see when graphics have a gradual change in colour on the screen.

Win mo has colour banding and some but not many versions have ditherring. It is a limit of win mo operating system and drivers not the limit of our screen. See below link

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2008/03/...op-displays.ars

Thanks!

Guest voyteckst
i'm using this version of android

with this kernel

everything is great but no menu button, how can i enable it correctly?

everything i tried messed up the droid,

pls someone upload to me the right files, i like voyteckst key alocation but there is no menu (on cube) so all i want is to enable menu and leave the rest the way they are tnks

It's not mine allocation. It's new allocation with corrections to hangup which also needs key files from beta2 folder in svn.

Guest elbee72

I tried to make a phone model dependant build of the kernel.

Did a make with CFLAGS=-DPHONE_B7610 and in a source file #ifdef PHONE_B7610

Why doesn't it work, what am I doing wrong?

EDIT: passed -D CFLAGS from script to Makefile by self-made-up environment variable ... works now

Edited by elbee72

Guest problematika

Right now I had a very strange situation...my gf call me, and I answer normal at her call. We talk about 3 min...screen goes black, but I was able to hear her like a charm (and I was able to normally hear her). Yes, without using of any app like Calllight etc. (and I checked after call my task manager - CallLight didn't run in background). Very strange...I'll test it again and report results later. :D

EDIT: it was just that time...really dont know how. :(

Edited by problematika

Guest shoarmabakpao

Another update. I had to reboot my phone because I wanted to transfer music to it through an USB cabel and went directly back to android. So far total uptime is 25 hours without an crash + without an recharge! It is at 65% but I only used the phone a few times and today I was for 10 minutes on WiFi to download an funny app (Beep Me!) and tested it also. Battery drain is good but I didn't use the phone that much so it's pretty normal I think.

Guest emrozdil

i want to try android but is there any way to turn back to windows mobile?

Also maybe this is a stupid question but: I understood that I will format my SDCard but copy all files to "MyStorage" which is the storage placed in my phone, right? So why do i format my SD Card?

Edit: I am reading this topic but there is a lot of posts and couldn't already find answers exactly. But I understand that there is a way to go back to Windows Mobile.

Edited by emrozdil

Guest erikcas
i want to try android but is there any way to turn back to windows mobile?

Also maybe this is a stupid question but: I understood that I will format my SDCard but copy all files to "MyStorage" which is the storage placed in my phone, right? So why do i format my SD Card?

Edit: I am reading this topic but there is a lot of posts and couldn't already find answers exactly. But I understand that there is a way to go back to Windows Mobile.

Emrozdil,

to return to Winmo, just reboot your device :D

Guest VHeinz

I also would like to try Androind on the Omnia II, but until now I can't get it to work after two evenings of frustration :D . I've tried:

* Beta 2 on My Storage

* Beta 2 on the SD disk ( = 8GB default disk from the millionaire box)

* Beta 1 on My Storage

* Several install tutorials

* Updated zImage, tried that in \O2Beta dir as well

* Erased the SD card from the Samsung settings inside the phone

* Partitioned the SD card with Easeus partition manager as 1800 MB Fat16 + the rest Ext3 (tried Ext2 also)

* Partitioned the SD card as Fat32

It always stops at 'Cannot mount mmcblk0p5 on /SDCard' at the first run (Haret from the \O2Beta dir). I've never seen any 'untar' or so, and booting the next time from the My Storage root dir always results in a kernel panic that the fs cannot be found.

I think that the installer might look at the internal flash instead of the card. The first text is:

Found card mmc1

Partitions p1

But then it looks like it tries to mount a partition on mmc0. Who knows how to overcome this problem? Has it got something to do with the names of the My Storage and memory card in Windows Mobile? Or is that flushed as soon as Haret starts?

Btw thanks for the efforts put into this, I hope I also can enjoy it soon :(

Guest mkmkwong
has anyone had the FM Radio issue that it stops when the phone sleep (with the update of 2011-03-03), any solution??

You may try to use "keepscreen" for temporary solution.

Guest Martin1990

I got some problems with my omnia since 5days or so, i got the acore stopped unexpectetly and it shut down my opend program.

I reinstalled the whole Beta2 and all the updates (3D, Sensor and Time) after that again acore is comming up.

Any solutions?

(sorry for bad english)

edit: I installed it on a SD card just the normal installation way with the auto installer.

Edited by Martin1990

Guest avantgarde280
I also would like to try Androind on the Omnia II, but until now I can't get it to work after two evenings of frustration :( . I've tried:

* Beta 2 on My Storage

* Beta 2 on the SD disk ( = 8GB default disk from the millionaire box)

* Beta 1 on My Storage

* Several install tutorials

* Updated zImage, tried that in \O2Beta dir as well

* Erased the SD card from the Samsung settings inside the phone

* Partitioned the SD card with Easeus partition manager as 1800 MB Fat16 + the rest Ext3 (tried Ext2 also)

* Partitioned the SD card as Fat32

It always stops at 'Cannot mount mmcblk0p5 on /SDCard' at the first run (Haret from the \O2Beta dir). I've never seen any 'untar' or so, and booting the next time from the My Storage root dir always results in a kernel panic that the fs cannot be found.

I think that the installer might look at the internal flash instead of the card. The first text is:

Found card mmc1

Partitions p1

But then it looks like it tries to mount a partition on mmc0. Who knows how to overcome this problem? Has it got something to do with the names of the My Storage and memory card in Windows Mobile? Or is that flushed as soon as Haret starts?

Btw thanks for the efforts put into this, I hope I also can enjoy it soon :(

did you ever read tutorial? :D or just try your luck installing android without reading it?

Edited by avantgarde280

Guest ashburn

What ever it is, I simply can't wait to use android's camera! haha. So many cool apps for it. Secondly i can't wait for the Final version of android on our mobile. =D :D

Guest siriarobe1

How can I enable the use of wifi to locate my position?

Using google maps tells me to enable my position but I find that only the GPS?

Thank you very much.

(excuse my English)

Guest voyteckst
How can I enable the use of wifi to locate my position?

Using google maps tells me to enable my position but I find that only the GPS?

Thank you very much.

(excuse my English)

Here:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

update secure set value='network' where name='location_providers_allowed';

.exit
and maybe adding entry in: com.android.settings_preferences.xml
<boolean name="location_wifi" value="true" />

But it seems not working for now.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest siriarobe1
Here:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

update secure set value='network' where name='location_providers_allowed';

.exit
and maybe adding entry in: com.android.settings_preferences.xml
<boolean name="location_wifi" value="true" />

But it seems not working for now.

Ok, waiting for news.

Thanks.

Guest corleone24

hi! the camera work's or not??? and the bluetooth? in the first post put that work with basic functions but this functions it's real work? i dnt buy at one mem card for nothing...thanxs and sorry for my bad english xD ^^

Guest problematika
hi! the camera work's or not??? and the bluetooth? in the first post put that work with basic functions but this functions it's real work? i dnt buy at one mem card for nothing...thanxs and sorry for my bad english xD ^^

1. Read a little bit....or buy iPhone (no need for reading at all).

2. You dont need to buy memory card at all...which, basically mean - read...again. :D

Guest corleone24
1. Read a little bit....or buy iPhone (no need for reading at all).

2. You dont need to buy memory card at all...which, basically mean - read...again. :D

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...00-13-03-2011/#

POST Nº 6

1. Backup the files on your microSD first.

2. Go to Start>Settings>Memory Settings>Storage Card and click Format.

3. Download any one of the files provided on http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php file section.(you can download either 512 partition image or 1GB partition image)

...i've buy at one sd card or mem card for install ao! the camera works... :(

Guest VHeinz
did you ever read tutorial? :D or just try your luck installing android without reading it?

Yes, I've followed the Youtube video, and tried some of the Windows tutorials in this thread.

I get this error every time:

"mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 on /sd card failed no such device or address

"cant mount internal flash!!!!!""

and then the device reboots

Guest problematika
http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...00-13-03-2011/#

POST Nº 6

1. Backup the files on your microSD first.

2. Go to Start>Settings>Memory Settings>Storage Card and click Format.

3. Download any one of the files provided on http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php file section.(you can download either 512 partition image or 1GB partition image)

...i've buy at one sd card or mem card for install ao! the camera works... :D

Nice....look at this : http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...0/#entry1572487 post #754!

...and keep reading more. :( Tutorial for installation without SD card.

Guest jeffroni

CHECK THIS IT WORKS!!!!!FROM XDA

Originally Posted by leandrotsampa

Good evening everyone, today I discovered something that I had before finding would have avoided a lot of headaches not only for me for everyone else. rsrsrsrsrsrs

I managed to make Android run without having to partition the internal memory or memory card, that's right. LOL

Just do the following:

NOTE: The Android that I am sending is with all the latest updates available to date and also added algunas personal changes to improve performance and use the 3D.

1) Download the file "Cartão de Memória.rar" and extract the SDCARD.

2) Download the file "Memória Interna.rar" and extract the internal memory of the device.

3) Now unplug the phone access the memory card and run "haret.exe" ready and just wait up Android.

Download links:

Cartão de Memória.rar => DOWNLOAD

Memória Interna.rar => DOWNLOAD

Guest problematika
CHECK THIS IT WORKS!!!!!FROM XDA

Originally Posted by leandrotsampa

Good evening everyone, today I discovered something that I had before finding would have avoided a lot of headaches not only for me for everyone else. rsrsrsrsrsrs

I managed to make Android run without having to partition the internal memory or memory card, that's right. LOL

Just do the following:

NOTE: The Android that I am sending is with all the latest updates available to date and also added algunas personal changes to improve performance and use the 3D.

1) Download the file "Cartão de Memória.rar" and extract the SDCARD.

2) Download the file "Memória Interna.rar" and extract the internal memory of the device.

3) Now unplug the phone access the memory card and run "haret.exe" ready and just wait up Android.

Download links:

Cartão de Memória.rar => DOWNLOAD

Memória Interna.rar => DOWNLOAD

You tried this??? Can you post some impressions about SOD, stability, speed....do a benchmark test. Give us a more informations! :D