Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Hmmmmm I wrote: "it's beeing investigated". So I have no solution for this now. Altough with latest kernel and modules I posted android works stable and battery last longer. I'm also using standart mount.sh (changed back from kgp700), because frequency is not a cause of SoD.

This is also my experience, no SOD and no freezes with latest kernel and modules ( without setCPU , without task killers , booting with power processor in AUTO ).

Time of recharge and battery standby comsumption is now very similar to that in WM ( my !!! COMPLIMENTS !!! to devs ).

Transfer rate ( in write ) with sdcard is approximately doubled ; with my 8GB Tra...end Ultra class 6 ( 2GB/fat16/32KB + 1GB/ext4 + 5GB/fat32/32KB partitions ) :

9.1 MB/sec write , 9.7 MB/sec read .

Guest voyteckst
Can someone provide a page where can track development of 3D drivers? I mean on tom3q's drivers.

tom3q's drivers are not finished and as far as I know they're worse for now then Samsung's ones.

@voyteckst

What is the real reason about the 3d/2d drivers that the samsung doesn't allow it to distribute?

Would the samsung sell the sources?

I think, if we could buy it, lot of people would donate to buy the sources.

So? :D

Guest Marusaia
Well I found the source of the problem for the errors and black screen.

Turns out the init.rc file had changed storage back to k0p5 so the o2b2update.tar.gz file didn't install on boot.

I have edited the init.rc file and now no more black screen on boot.

Hope this helps solve other peoples reported black screen.

I,

Can you tell me more about your change in the init.rc ?

Thx

This is also my experience, no SOD and no freezes with latest kernel and modules ( without setCPU , without task killers , booting with power processor in AUTO ).

Time of recharge and battery standby comsumption is now very similar to that in WM ( my !!! COMPLIMENTS !!! to devs ).

Transfer rate ( in write ) with sdcard is approximately doubled ; with my 8GB Tra...end Ultra class 6 ( 2GB/fat16/32KB + 1GB/ext4 + 5GB/fat32/32KB partitions ) :

9.1 MB/sec write , 9.7 MB/sec read .

Can you tell us about your installation, 2d3d libs, SD/Mystorage ext2/3/4? Thanks!

Guest thew0lf

Similar experience for now (very stable). My setup : fresh install using ext4 on "My Storage" with the latest kernel and modules, and Rapid's 2D/3D libs, nothing else (for those who wonder, my CPU performance setting in WinMo is set on "AUTO"). I deleted /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so which seemed to be responsible for the freezes I experienced (just like with the first beta version, when navigating through menus and so). Didn't have a single freeze since. My guess is this file is a generic 2D/3D software rendering lib which we don't need since we use the hardware accelerated ones (samsung's), hence the freezing.

Also, it's seems that you only experience "SODs" when the device goes to sleep on its own. I'm almost sure I never experienced any of those when putting my device to sleep manually by pressing the hangup/power button. Something seems wrong with the automatic sleep procedure. So I recommend never leaving your device turn off by itself. Always put it manually to sleep, then waking it up won't be a problem.

Edited by thew0lf

Guest LOLOH2

Hi Guys,

A big discovery, at least to me. I wonder anyone discovered this before. I install myLockGuard and the phione can wake up immediately using the lock button at the side, no more using the end call/power button in-front. No need to set the CPU speed to let the phone have high speed during sleep. say bye bye to end call/power button :D ... You can download myLockGuard free from Market place.... cheers. I think SOD also bye bye...

edited : Here you go... file attached... You may have error while install, but please ignore it, it will still work...

i4nc4mp.myLockGuarded.zip

Edited by LOLOH2

Guest Sinistersky

I am experiencing the same things like the few here who have long lasting batteries. I have ext4 on My Storage....Played music for the last 8 hours and battery is at 40% right now...i have setcpu 800-266 and call light, and battery doctor ( although this one doesn't help really at all except to turn off processes)...I also played music while having 3g on and chatting with friends through "AndChat" and the phone was very stable...Battery is currently at 36 % after 32 hours of 3g and 8 hours of playing music...I say that's pretty awesome... I had only one SOD....No idea why...going to try that lockguard thing :D Cheers!

Guest Sinistersky
Hi Guys,

A big discovery, at least to me. I wonder anyone discovered this before. I install myLockGuard and the phione can wake up immediately using the lock button at the side, no more using the end call/power button in-front. No need to set the CPU speed to let the phone have high speed during sleep. say bye bye to end call/power button :D ... You can download myLockGuard free from Market place.... cheers. I think SOD also bye bye...

can't find myLockGuard... link?

Guest problematika

I really don't complain at all...but I really want that dev's fix that "mute" after 30 sec of conversation. I really hate to use CallLight. Only reason that I want that fix is because that's the only reason when I must switch to Winmo (which I hate!). And I noticed that light sensors affect on SOD problem. When I put phone at sleep he didn't go to sleep immediately, screen goes black, but sensors react on light and my screen turn on again for a while. After that my device goes to sleep, but I cant wake it up. That's what I'm noticed...

But, Android on my device is MUCH more stable and faster now after all updates! When I remeber what speed and stability was in Alpha...lol! Thank you dev's...you guys rock!!! :D

I deleted /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so which seemed to be responsible for the freezes I experienced (just like with the first beta version, when navigating through menus and so). Didn't have a single freeze since.

Also, it's seems that you only experience "SODs" when the device goes to sleep on its own.

Hi Guys,

And I noticed that light sensors affect on SOD problem. When I put phone at sleep he didn't go to sleep immediately, screen goes black, but sensors react on light and my screen turn on again for a while. After that my device goes to sleep, but I cant wake it up. That's what I'm noticed...

Good news guys I will try all theses tips! :(

Guest mattandy
I've used this guide on XDA

works like a charm ! way better than my last install

that was the most typical way , how the dev's wrote the installation method

ITS FROM XDA USER EMPTYARA

"

-----------------------------------------------------------

FIRST OF ALL, CHANGE UR WINMO SPEED PERFORMACE TO AUTO RATHER THAN HIGH.. IT WILL AFFECT ANDROID BATTERY CONSUMPTION LATER..

1.Partition

make sure that ur SD card is properly delete the previous Android installed (if any)

first, go to samsung setting in winmo > memory > storage card > format. (don't forget to backup)

then, do the partition like below using Minitool Partition Wizard.

- SD Card -

FAT - primary type - name it as u like.

- My Storage -

4gb FAT - primary type - named it as "disk0"

[ii] 2gb EXT3 - primary type - named it as "disk"

[iii] 'balance remain' gb FAT - logical type - named it as u like. mine is "Backup"

if u want back ur Winmo Recovery Partition if its in case u accidently had delete it..JUST LIKE ME u have to flash with .mst (Winmo) through Octans.

Through Windows in PC,

copy all the file in android beta2 into "My Storage"

[ii] DONT FORGET TO INCLUDE 3D LIBS TOGETHER. U also need to rename 3d lib to 'o2b2update'. by default it is 'o2bupdate'. IF NOT, IT WILL NOT EVEN BOOT.

[iii] change the last line in 'default.txt' in 'My Storage' Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

2. Untar into EXT3 or also known as "/disk" through Ubuntu

type in this command using Terminal

"sudo cp /media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/" wait till it finish.

hello guys,

at this step i've got this error:

>>reading `/media/DISK0/ext2.tar.gz': Input/output error<<

i can't come out from this :D

please help me

Guest Pete B
I,

Can you tell me more about your change in the init.rc ?

Thx

If you can't see my storage in android then there is a good chance the o2b2updates aren't installing and are still sitting in the root of my stprage. To fix this

You will need Ubuntu or some way to view the ext partition for this.

Find init.rc in the root of the ext partition.

If using ubunutu, open terminal and type "sudo nautilus". This will open the file manager as a root user so you can edit files on the ext4 partition. Otherwise you will won't be able to save and will need to save as a different name.

Open the init.rc.

Find the line a few pages down in the file that has ".............k0p5 /storage" and change to "..................k0p1 /storage" as this is pointing towards your fat partition.

Now on boot of android you will see my storage and the o2b2updates will actually work again.

A few hours later I can tell you: Thats confirmed, fresh install in My storage ext4 partition on ubuntu with Rapid lib+last update and phone is very nice. No SOD/Freeze untill now and all seems faster. Only thing I am worried is that in AC charge the phone heats about 45 °C, in PC/USB charging its OK around 38 °C.

edit. charge again in AC power and now temp # 40 C , I guess its right so.

Edited by slmz

Guest AlphaSpirit

i don't have SD card, how can i install android without using SD ?

sorry im new , I just came across this miracle and wanna check out !

Guest LOLOH2
I really don't complain at all...but I really want that dev's fix that "mute" after 30 sec of conversation. I really hate to use CallLight. Only reason that I want that fix is because that's the only reason when I must switch to Winmo (which I hate!). And I noticed that light sensors affect on SOD problem. When I put phone at sleep he didn't go to sleep immediately, screen goes black, but sensors react on light and my screen turn on again for a while. After that my device goes to sleep, but I cant wake it up. That's what I'm noticed...

But, Android on my device is MUCH more stable and faster now after all updates! When I remeber what speed and stability was in Alpha...lol! Thank you dev's...you guys rock!!! :D

Hi, try the MyLockGuard in my post #4567, after I install MyLockGuard, my phone never mute when make call and I never install call light, my phone also wake up immediately by the lock button. I think SOD also gone as the phone is not going to deep sleep with this program.

Guest dimon40001

I use latest beta2+all patches (incl. 0319)

Let me share with you my experience regarding the black screen during unlock attempts.

1. Deleting the file "libGLES_android...so" had no effect

2. myLockGuard - much better. Besides it increases the chance that you will unlock the phone. But it still can take about 1 minute of trying ))

3. I noticed that you can hear camera autofocus sound a few moments before the phone will become unlocked after the deep sleep

Hi, try the MyLockGuard in my post #4567, after I install MyLockGuard, my phone never mute when make call and I never install call light, my phone also wake up immediately by the lock button. I think SOD also gone as the phone is not going to deep sleep with this program.

By avoid to deep sleep MyLockGuard dont would draining more charge that normal?