Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest erikcas
Basicly,

the Dev's made froyo work properly except a few minor tweaks...It is not released yet

Dev site goes down because of the many connections it has...

If you mix that thing you'll basicly get nothing...it will use some files, some it won't...and you'll get something called bull****..

Ok?

I see you do understand what I typed.

But try to see the real message in my post.

grtz Erik

Guest voyteckst
NEW TWEET!

"Sandor & PHJ made .32 work!"

What it means? xD

Regards!

It means that it's (kernel) booting now, but some things like sound are not working yet. Earlier it didn't boot, that's why there should be serial cable done - to see kernel output on serial console.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest BTGDelta

I am facing occasional freezes after boot and sometimes preferences get reset. Using kernel_19032011 with ext4 installed on internal storage on 8GB version of i8000. Any hints where the problems can come from?

Guest l3ong91
only all the files in the System folder (except app folder) in Tayutama_Edition_v1.0.2_I9000_Lite

Do we need to root the phone first? From what I tried, nothing much changes after I copied the system files over except Apps...only changes is under About Phone, where it stated that Model No. is GT-i9000, and firmware version that's all.

Guest Odysseas07

Hello

How we can open the fs.iso file ???

In ubuntu it tells me that it isnt an iso9660 file

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest Sinistersky
I see you do understand what I typed.

But try to see the real message in my post.

grtz Erik

The topic here is the froyo/gingerbread/eclair morph posted by ASIDER and it is basicaly useless since it only modifies Info tab to show we have gingerbread and model gt-i9000...

Guest erikcas
The topic here is the froyo/gingerbread/eclair morph posted by ASIDER and it is basicaly useless since it only modifies Info tab to show we have gingerbread and model gt-i9000...

Where on different topics I think. Please read post #1 of this topic. (Topicstart.)

Now we are at the meaning of my post you replied to.

In my opinion this thing ASIDER came up with, has nothing to do with this original topic, and the development it is aiming at.

It is, with all respect for ASIDER and his efforts, a complete other thing for which a separate topic should have been started.

A link to this would have been sufficient.

Users who are struggling with beta2 install from source from original topic are confronted now with fs.iso, Tayutama_Edition_v1.0.2_I9000_Lite, gingerbread and so on. Things that are not described and supported on the projectpages (http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/ and http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php) from which this thread originated.

So what I meant by my post is let us all try to keep the topic clean, or start new ones which can be kept clean.

Edited by erikcas

Guest urkopi

Why any apps don't detect the microSD card witj the kernel of 19.03.2011? Can anyone pass me his/her init.rc if his/her apps recognize the microSD?

Thanks!

Guest bu11d0g
Where on different topics I think. Please read post #1 of this topic. (Topicstart.)

Now we are at the meaning of my post you replied to.

In my opinion this thing ASIDER came up with, has nothing to do with this original topic, and the development it is aiming at.

It is, with all respect for ASIDER and his efforts, a complete other thing for which a separate topic should have been started.

A link to this would have been sufficient.

Users who are struggling with beta2 install from source from original topic are confronted now with fs.iso, Tayutama_Edition_v1.0.2_I9000_Lite, gingerbread and so on. Things that are not described and supported on the projectpages (http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/ and http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php) from which this thread originated.

So what I meant by my post is let us all try to keep the topic clean, or start new ones which can be kept clean.

i totally agree!

let's get back to the this thread's true subject which is helping the devs on THEIR attempts to make Android work on our O2s.

if u're willing to offer a different/modified version of the betas released by phj and his team, or anything else that IS NOT what the devs are offering u should consider opening a new thread :)

this way we'll be helping the real devs develop the real Android version for our phones

that's my 2 cents y'all

peace out

Edited by bu11d0g

Guest andylau
but i haven't got enough memory to install spb shell 3d, is there any solution for more space?

you can uninstall some apps you dont need with SystemAppRemover

or just dont use the fake froyo or ginber because it didnt give any changes except the inf about phone

if you like the it you can just replace the 5 files in system folder to change the version inf(build.prop,cscfiles.txt.....etc),then you can save about 90M space :)

I still using beta2 from devs for daily usage.. without any SOD or freeze. :)

waiting for the update.. :)

I believe in you, cause I already had a installation very well succeded. Now I am making again a attempt to reach that. Today morning I make fresh install with basics beta2 files using Rapid lib only with modules and zimage provided in 03/19. I have not any Sod or freeze yet since I install in about 8 hours . What I have made is in firsts moments of use don't force phone, install apps slowly, restart several times untill phone get stable. I will report if it going continue good, then this can be a prescription how avoid the terrible Sod/Freeze issue.

Regards.

Guest l3ong91
I believe in you, cause I already had a installation very well succeded. Now I am making again a attempt to reach that. Today morning I make fresh install with basics beta2 files using Rapid lib only with modules and zimage provided in 03/19. I have not any Sod or freeze yet since I install in about 8 hours . What I have made is in firsts moments of use don't force phone, install apps slowly, restart several times untill phone get stable. I will report if it going continue good, then this can be a prescription how avoid the terrible Sod/Freeze issue.

Regards.

Okay, would try it out later....but how many times of "reboot" are considered stable? How many times you have rebooted your device?

Seriously. All i need is a stable system. I dont care if its 2.1 or lacks camera/sensors/etc. Every install I've done to date has resulted in either a complete freeze, an SOD or a random reboot, the latter of which I've been struggling with of late. If someone can post their exact method, giving mention to the exact files they've used, that has resulted in a STABLE system, i'd make my peace with it. I'm using direct MyStorage method and not the SD card one.

Guest carlospaco
Seriously. All i need is a stable system. I dont care if its 2.1 or lacks camera/sensors/etc. Every install I've done to date has resulted in either a complete freeze, an SOD or a random reboot, the latter of which I've been struggling with of late. If someone can post their exact method, giving mention to the exact files they've used, that has resulted in a STABLE system, i'd make my peace with it. I'm using direct MyStorage method and not the SD card one.
Yes so do i. Yesterday it was working great and today it just reboot al the time. I don't understand.

What is the right method? I have use the iso file.

Tahnks

Guest xibianliang
Hello

How we can open the fs.iso file ???

In ubuntu it tells me that it isnt an iso9660 file

here was what i did to open the fs.iso: Open the superuser file browser by typing sudo nautilus in terminal -- copy fs.iso to root folder ----- type mount /fs.iso /mnt -o loop after that ,you will find the Android rootfs in MNT folder.hope it helps you

Guest emptyara

Regards.

thank u, n good tips, mate .. :)

Guest ErnstJanF

Freezes are due to not setting WinMo performance to 'high'.. most of the time :)

Guest urkopi

Why any apps don't detect the microSD card witj the kernel of 19.03.2011? Can anyone pass me his/her init.rc if his/her apps recognize the microSD?

Thanks!

Okay, would try it out later....but how many times of "reboot" are considered stable? How many times you have rebooted your device?

First I wanna say that one day after install my phone is very stable and this procedure that I described, realy gave health to the system. But how nothing is perfect, about one hour earlier, I got a strange issue, during a call less then one minute the screen goes black, sound goes off and phone freeze. To take out battery was need. Even with keepscreen activated. This never happened before and this can be some isolated issue.

A respect of how much restarts , I made some ten restarts, immediately after first reboot, after sync contacts and like one for each two or three apps installed, but the main, slowly, you need avoid the phone get hot.

I guess only Froyo version will give us definitely stability, untill there, we have only lucky in avoid freezes, sods or ramdom reboots, because Eclair is by self weak and unstable in O2 hardware. What we can do is what I said, optimize installation, avoiding the first freeze in begining install moments, because the others probably will come after that.

Edit: A respect of my way to install: ext4/Mystorage/ubuntu (virtualmachine)/beta2-rapid libs-lasts sensors an kernel provided in beta page/keylayout xiagliang - No Setcpu- No mods in beta files.

my performance setting always in AUTO mode.. :)

Mine too! :)

Edited by slmz

04/13/11: Changeset [120] by phj

Sandor's initial patches from 2.6.29

Oh! That set have "15 added - 68 modified" it show a massive changes in the kernel, by all means the devs are hard working in project.

Thanks guys, God bless you truly.