Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest osmington

hello, i installed quato7906 download. this works perfect except one problem. i cannot remove his account, it keeps asking me to enter his password to use market ?

how can i resolve this please ?

also some language still Korean too ?

great work from everyone :)

Edited by osmington

Guest LOLOH2

""News:

- camera can take now 5MP photos (also switching to 3MP, 2MP, 1MP and VGA available) 14.04.2011

Hi, where to get this update ? Is the camera really working ? thanks.

""News:

- camera can take now 5MP photos (also switching to 3MP, 2MP, 1MP and VGA available) 14.04.2011

Hi, where to get this update ? Is the camera really working ? thanks.

This is in Froyo and we need wait it be publish.

Guest stoikoff
This is in Froyo and we need wait it be publish.

nice :)

but i found 1 strange thing of beta2 instal no farmating in pfone i use minitool make ex2 or 3 but logical patition not primary sorry for my ugly eng sorry if this a spam or other

Edited by stoikoff

nice :)

but i found 1 strange thing of beta2 instal no farmating in pfone i use minitool make ex2 or 3 but logical patition not primary sorry for my ugly eng sorry if this a spam or other

You need to make primary ext2/3/4 partition for execute android system.

Wow very weird problem and its not going away. In Linux, if i open ext2.tar.gz using archive manager, it opens. If i copy ext2.tar.gz to disk0 (FAT32), and try to open with archive manager, or when i copy to disk (EXT4) and try doing " sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk" i get this error :

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

It used to work just fine, i dunno what changed. Tried formatting disk0 and disk again. Nothing works. what the hell is this ?

Guest l3ong91
In the old pack the Kernel was from the 4th and this from the 14th!

Regards!

If I haven't update 4th April, do I still need to update the previous one first or I can use the latest file directly?

Guest voyteckst
By the way voyteckst.. How is the development os FroYo? Is the sound issue repaired?

Thanks!

It was not for froyo but for 2.6.32. And yes, sound is fixed now.

Guest l3ong91
It was not for froyo but for 2.6.32. And yes, sound is fixed now.

Can anyone tell me how do I update the latest kernel released by Mishatir?

Guest andylau
Can anyone tell me how do I update the latest kernel released by Mishatir?

download the file released by Mishatir and unrar it,then rename modules.tar.gz to o2b2update.tar.gz ,put o2b2update.tar.gz and new zimage to my storage,click haret

but it cant read sdcard

Guest l3ong91
download the file released by Mishatir and unrar it,then rename modules.tar.gz to o2b2update.tar.gz ,put o2b2update.tar.gz and new zimage to my storage,click haret

but it cant read sdcard

Million thanks....have been waiting for a reply on this issue

Guest asturur

Hi all,

i'm following this development since starting and i always try on my i8000.

my battery runs out in 4 hours.

is this situation fixed? is there any hack or mod to solve it? something to disable?

i can't disable 3g or my network will not run.

everything else is off.

Guest stoikoff

ok my 1024.ex2 last night working now not working 4 instals and same please som on to give me ling to 512ex2 working instal folder or ling olmost given up :)

Guest Odysseas07
I already wrote this. Probably because it's not mounted normally via Vold service, but manually.

VOYTECKST

Could you please tell as what it write on your vold.conf ????

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest 7827505059

hello almar ,so when you will posting Froyo, i am still waiting.........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

Guest mihai_mihai
hello almar ,so when you will posting Froyo, i am still waiting.........................................................................

whent it will be complete,

i remember at the start of this topic that dev requested not to ask this kind of questions, so be patient don't annoy them, it is enough that one topic was closed, let them work in peace, thank them for the shared work because it is not an obligation it is a challenge and a hobby

Guest voyteckst
VOYTECKST

Could you please tell as what it write on your vold.conf ????

On Eclair I used standard beta vold.conf and it just worked.

Guest Odysseas07
On Eclair I used standard beta vold.conf and it just worked.

So you are not use the ECLAIR any more .....

Ok

Can someone upload here the correct Vold.conf ????

Correct : for someone how doesnt have the sd remove problem

Thankssssssssssssss

Guest mrozek

Hi there,

First things first: many thanks to DEVS and all who do share the work for their efforts! It's really impressive!

And let me express my wonder of your patience. I am pretty tired by questions of Froyo here so you have to be either...

I have got one question to all the users: DOES ANYONE use android on o2 on daily basis as a primary OS? I've tried to do so: tried ISOs, ext4/mystorage install procedures many times; kernel, modules, libs updates as well but there are always the same result: freezeng or SODs after a day or less (I try not to overload the phone).

The worst thing is that o2droid is GREAT ad of android OS indeed and I find it much much better that WinMo. After few hours of playing arround with android I became addicted to it and think that if stable releases appears soon, I'll be happy. But if not I'll have to buy another phone - then will be happy too :))

I guess iPhone4 will do the job.... just a joke :) (SGS seems to be what I need).

cheers, mrozek

Guest malavin
Hi there,

First things first: many thanks to DEVS and all who do share the work for their efforts! It's really impressive!

And let me express my wonder of your patience. I am pretty tired by questions of Froyo here so you have to be either...

I have got one question to all the users: DOES ANYONE use android on o2 on daily basis as a primary OS? I've tried to do so: tried ISOs, ext4/mystorage install procedures many times; kernel, modules, libs updates as well but there are always the same result: freezeng or SODs after a day or less (I try not to overload the phone).

The worst thing is that o2droid is GREAT ad of android OS indeed and I find it much much better that WinMo. After few hours of playing arround with android I became addicted to it and think that if stable releases appears soon, I'll be happy. But if not I'll have to buy another phone - then will be happy too :))

I guess iPhone4 will do the job.... just a joke :) (SGS seems to be what I need).

cheers, mrozek

No more :). I'm waiting for a stable Version (hope Beta 3)... Good Luck Dev's :P