Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest xudsa II USERT
It might be wise to make another attempt from scratch rather than mixing gfx driver files.

I did try that, but the same outcome. (Request_suspend)

Guest mrozek
Can't open ext4.tar.gz under Ubuntu Live 10.10.

It says

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data, format violated

tar: unexpected EOF in archive

Archive is good, tested under WinMo with 7-Zip.

I guess, I should update tar/gzip version in Ubuntu? How?

I guess you need a root rights. In terminal type:

- sudo cp [/your/path_to_ext4.tar.gz/] ext4.tar.gz /media/disk (if 'disk' is a name of your ext4 partition)

- cd /media/disk

- sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/disk

hope it will help

Guest Sinistersky
Can't open ext4.tar.gz under Ubuntu Live 10.10.

It says

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data, format violated

tar: unexpected EOF in archive

Archive is good, tested under WinMo with 7-Zip.

I guess, I should update tar/gzip version in Ubuntu? How?

no..the archive is not good then....

Guest Shadowlord666

"Google Talk authentification failed!"

Why do I get this error message?

It seems I can't download anything from market because of that.

YouTube and Google Mail do work!

How can I solve this?

Guest mrozek
I did try that, but the same outcome. (Request_suspend)

So I have no more idea but one: there should be a mistake you make all the time. Do you untar files from the terminal/console or nautilus? I have had many of strange problems with installing eclair till I began to follow all the steps from tutorial exactly. So, don't give up :)

Guest Sinistersky

Everything works like a charm here! I am using mystorage ext4 partition system with included 2d/3d libs...I installed everything manually with ubuntu 10.10...It's fast and uber snappy :)

Thank You very much devs!!

I do have a question for voyteckst... That 24h lasting battery with enabled 3g network...is that confirmed and does it apply to wifi aswell?

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest vidavi

How can I solve this?

+1 Everything else works great so far but without market cant download keep screen or similar.

Help plz

Guest l3ong91

How can I solve this?

Exactly, I'm having the same problem since the release of Froyo Beta and had tried out the suggestion by voyteckst and still cannot access it...some experts please help!!!

Haha...so it's not only me who can't access that Google Authentication thing now.

Edited by l3ong91

Guest xudsa II USERT
So I have no more idea but one: there should be a mistake you make all the time. Do you untar files from the terminal/console or nautilus? I have had many of strange problems with installing eclair till I began to follow all the steps from tutorial exactly. So, don't give up :)

Thanks for your encouragement, I use the terminal, using LiveCD in Ubuntu.

Guest xibianliang

after 2 hours of usage, i found the following problems: 1,The time display is static, i means it doesn't change even you adjust the time manually.2, SD card folder is located in MNT folder in stead of the root folder like it used to be ,and that result in some apps being unable to utilize the SD card. for example ,i cann't download because the SD card is not detected.3, the wireless hotspot feature of Froyo is not working. the good news is that gone is the dreadful silence at 30s during phone call.also the benchmark result is remarkable with a 544 score, leaving Nexus One trailing behind!

Guest voyteckst
after 2 hours of usage, i found the following problems: 1,The time display is static, i means it doesn't change even you adjust the time manually.2, SD card folder is located in MNT folder in stead of the root folder like it used to be ,and that result in some apps being unable to utilize the SD card. for example ,i cann't download because the SD card is not detected.3, the wireless hotspot feature of Froyo is not working. the good news is that gone is the dreadful silence at 30s during phone call.also the benchmark result is remarkable with a 544 score, leaving Nexus One trailing behind!

According to problems:

1. True, but after approx 2 hours it start working again(?) - don't know where is bug.

2. It's ok. In init.rc there is a variable (EXTERNAL_STORAGE) showing where sdcard should be and it's in this place(/mnt/sdcard). If You have restored some apps from backup, that's why probably it don't work properly (detecting sdcard in android is common, so it's not possible that some apps work ok and some not).

3. No one told that it'll work ;-)

Edited by voyteckst

Guest n4m3less
Exactly, I'm having the same problem since the release of Froyo Beta and had tried out the suggestion by voyteckst and still cannot access it...some experts please help!!!

Haha...so it's not only me who can't access that Google Authentication thing now.

market not work....i receive error of network when open market

Guest llaa51

market app's not working for me...it keeps showing "A server has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen". Tried using wifi but it can only detect networks...not connect to them. any ideas on how to? every other app like maps, youtube, email, works great tho.

Reposting in the light of new release : LINUX GURUS PLEASE HELP :

In Linux, if i open ext2.tar.gz using archive manager, it opens. If i copy ext2.tar.gz to disk0 (FAT32), and try to open with archive manager, or when i copy to disk (EXT4) and try doing " sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk" i get this error :

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

It used to work just fine, i dunno what changed. Tried formatting disk0 and disk again. Nothing works. what the hell is this ?

ALSO : If i take a photo using i8000 and try to import it in linux, it comes out all corrupt. It appears correct in windows. PLEASE HELP :)

Has my MyStorage gone corrupt?

EDIT : SOLVED : Corrupt freakin linux installation. Twice. Dunno what went wrong though.

Edited by paw1

Guest n4m3less
market app's not working for me...it keeps showing "A server has occured. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen". Tried using wifi but it can only detect networks...not connect to them. any ideas on how to? every other app like maps, youtube, email, works great tho.

i have same problem...

Guest tjeerdos

first install and bingo it works!

but can't test much because i have b7610. so wrong keymapping for me now.

but i did noticed that camera doesn't work. i get forced close.

well waiting for right keymapping.

thanks dev's for the great work

tjeerdos

Guest tjeerdos

first install and bingo it works!

but can't test much because i have b7610. so wrong keymapping for me now.

but i did noticed that camera doesn't work. i get forced close.

well waiting for right keymapping.

thanks dev's for the great work

tjeerdos

Guest dajlourenco

I dont know if someone got a SOD.. But i got one.. Its still hard to wake up the phone, but appart of that.. f**** great! Everithing works.. Market camera, no need for call light.. Devs.. Thank you so much..

Guest l3ong91
I dont know if someone got a SOD.. But i got one.. Its still hard to wake up the phone, but appart of that.. f**** great! Everithing works.. Market camera, no need for call light.. Devs.. Thank you so much..

I didn't have the SOD problem. Most of the time I press " End Key" to lock and unlock the device.

Guest bumar2000

How to make maket works? I got error all the time. Second after 5 sec of phone call backlight offs and call is hanged. Do you have the same?

Guest lexineko

Can anyone give exact procedure? because i try all the instruction that i've read here in forum. but no luck.

i have the request_suspend_state: wakeup issue now

i already use the new 2D/3D drivers...

please help me, i follow everything here.

thanks and waiting..

Guest ashburn

okay i got froyo working already.... but i never detect my SD card... is there anyway to fix this issue...

For 2D/3D Driver Try This One: [it's A Mix of Old & New Driver] (May Not Work, But It Worked For Me) Try It

o2b3update.tar.gz

Edited by ashburn

Guest tjeerdos

@ dev's

thanks for the great work.

do you have any idea why camera isn't working on b7610?

it gives forced close.....

greets tjeerdos