Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest moeinflash

hi all

who can help me?

i can't setup froyo to my ominia2

in level 2 after of loading data, massege of wake up is going.

what am i doing?

please say of first all of note.

thanks.

Guest MrGenius
I have installed manually on mystorage, no iso file, uncompressing the ext4.tar.gz file on a ext4 partition on mystorage. I have signed my google account, but i can't download from market.

Sorry for my bad english.

Had the same problem already with beta1 and beta2.

You have to make an extended partition from your My-Storage.

The first Partition should be Fat32 for WinMo. The second one ext4, for your Android.

Just try it out :)

Guest dante88
Had the same problem already with beta1 and beta2.

You have to make an extended partition from your My-Storage.

The first Partition should be Fat32 for WinMo. The second one ext4, for your Android.

Just try it out :)

I have the partitions in this way, and I have not problems on beta1 or beta2. I don't understand why doesn't work.

The wifi seems to work, because my contacts are synchronized and i can search on market, but i can't browse internet, can be this the reason?

Edited by dante88

Guest nachoijs

+1

FM Radio is not present!!

the curious things is that it is listed as supported in Froyo ( http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/Features )

but i cant find the app....

any solution?? or a third party app (not streaming from internet) ???

regards,

Installed manually on My Storage, on my old ext4 partition. I have no problem running android...from the start everything worked ok.

Things that are not working

- files icons are not showing (default android icon instead);

- when I open some folders from my Storage, the file browser is closing;

- there is no FM RADIO? (@DEVS);

- some programs installation is not working or after install I cannot open them;

Things that are working, at least for me:

- gmail login;

- market (download, install, etc);

- quadrant score is amaising :)

- I have been using it for a couple of houres and had no SOD, freez or restart;

- time on the status bar changed correctly after couple of houres;

- phone calls duration is ok using Call Light;

this is all for now. The biggest problem is the missing of FM RADIO!

Edited by nachoijs

Guest xcavs

Hi guys, after using Froyo for one day, I found several problems:

1. I captured one picture using camera > see the picture (on camera - upper right), after that I want to back on camera but there is an error and must be force close. I've experienced this many times.

2. Once out of the camera, I was unable to return to the original rotation (potrait). :)

3. I think the process of charging a little longer than winmo. :)

4. Sometimes it is still often restarts itself..

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Guest Ngage

Warning!!!!!

Don't use ext4 partition format for FROYO.

Yesteday i can't start FROYO on My Storange,because i formated 2. partition from ext3 to ext4. FROYO started and still in loop 0>0 can't execuse /system/bin/keystore....bla bla bla.

Now I formated this partition back to ext3 and make manual install FROYO ( ext4.tar.gz + 2D3D lib o2b3update.tar.gz) with UBUNTU. FROYO worked immedialy and market is good function, 3G is good.

I testing next.

Guest kgp700
if you install iso file it is impossible now for market

you should install manually

when u install first sign in google account then start others

when i install first sign in google account

i try to login but it have same problem

Guest Extremegmx

My expierences:

My Storage:

-not so hot as on SD card

-market doesn't work

-SOD immediately after the first sleep

-wifi works

SD Card(class 6 sandisk):

-hot on the back side

-wifi sometimes says error

-no SoD after 18h of usage

-market works

All other things work great! Battery has improved (7h of sleep 1%!) but in normal mode it goes quite quickly down. This was my first boot. Thanks devs! :)

Guest ashburn

One question, has anyone have this problem with the clock on the statusbar... Mine Does not update promptly.... Clock app show 10:24PM but Statusbar shows 10:15PM... anyone facing this problem??

Guest spider1

After partition and reset i run haret from My Storage:

I have a many problem's with error this type:

[104.982327] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 1928382 (2011-04-19 13:26:40.928383 UTC)

These problems is like an infinitely.They running down .

What i can do to start android on my omnia 2 ? Please help :)

Many times reformating :)

Tried on 2 x samsung omnias2 .

Froyo release

Edited by spider1

Guest Sinistersky
Warning!!!!!

Yesteday i can't start FROYO on My Storange,because i formated 2. partition from ext3 to ext4. FROYO started and still in loop 0>0 can't execuse /system/bin/keystore....bla bla bla.

Now I formated this partition back to ext3 and make manual install FROYO ( ext4.tar.gz + 2D3D lib o2b3update.tar.gz) with UBUNTU. FROYO worked immedialy and market is good function, 3G is good.

I testing next.

I have ext4 and everything works...except the fact that i can't install angry birds, samurai II or any other awesome game...noly shitty ones...what gives?

Guest ASIDER
One question, has anyone have this problem with the clock on the statusbar... Mine Does not update promptly.... Clock app show 10:24PM but Statusbar shows 10:15PM... anyone facing this problem??

+1

Guest problematika
Warning!!!!!

I testing next.

Which drivers do you use?

Guest carlospaco
Angry birds Rio straight from the market runs OK with the sound turned off in the game. A little jerky with sound on though

Hello, who do you install angry birds? When i want to install it , its says unstallation unsuccesfel, CAN YOU HELP ME?

Thanks greetings

Guest csabastv
I have ext4 and everything works...except the fact that i can't install angry birds, samurai II or any other awesome game...noly shitty ones...what gives?

Unmount SD card in "setting - Sd card & phone storage - Unmount SD card"

install

Mount SD card in "setting - Sd card & phone storage - Mount SD card"

Guest Namar
Can anybody upload these two files? Speedfrog? Quato? :) ...anyone? Because it cant be downloaded. I need mirror...

+1. I cannot get the first file. Trying to unrar the first file brings up the message that the file has been corrupted.

Guest Doombringer
Warning!!!!!

I know you are just sharing your experience, but please don't be so definitive, there are a lot of people using ext4 without any problem like me.

If you think the problem is not in your setup, you can always open a bug report on googlecode project page.

I am telling this because directing people to use manual methods is creating more problem than it fixes.

Guest problematika

Quato...please upload files again, of course when you have free time! (I know that you are here!) :) Thanks and please excuse me for spamming...I know that you have smarter things to do! :)

Guest carlospaco

install

THANKS it works, but angry birds rio starts very good, but when the game want to start on level one its close itselfs, always?

WHY is that?

Guest Sinistersky

install

finally someone answered! thank you very much dear sir...i appreciate it indefinately :)

Guest MareModaco
After partition and reset i run haret from My Storage:

I have a many problem's with error this type:

[104.982327] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 1928382 (2011-04-19 13:26:40.928383 UTC)

These problems is like an infinitely.They running down .

What i can do to start android on my omnia 2 ? Please help :)

Many times reformating :)

Tried on 2 x samsung omnias2 .

Froyo release

I've fix this problem using instruction:

As always it doesn't contain 2D/3D libraries from Samsung (You have to find them and put it before first boot to My Storage as o2b3update.tar.gz)

Guest aposhtol
I know you are just sharing your experience, but please don't be so definitive, there are a lot of people using ext4 without any problem like me.

If you think the problem is not in your setup, you can always open a bug report on googlecode project page.

I am telling this because directing people to use manual methods is creating more problem than it fixes.

+1

Guest aposhtol

All of you people that are reporting that Market is not working, have you even tried logging into google account through YOUTUBE app? It is the 2nd note on last update on developers webiste:

Note2: If You have problems with registering via Google use following workaround: open Youtube app and login there with google account.