Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest T_Frain_K
<snip />

the command # mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard with # in begin is only text, not command, that Android don't know to mount SDCARD. is necessary to remove the # symbol at begin and write correct value mmcblk1p5 for SDCARD. Now is SDCard is correct with new reboot.

is here my init.rc, where is mounted SDCARD ( I have SDCARD in fat32 and value k1p5), rename to o2b3update.tar.gz and copy to root of My Storange for reboot.

if is not correct for you, is necessary to write correct mmcblk1p1...or..2..or..3 with your system.

well, if you had read just 2 lines lower, there the exact same device gets mounted to /storage :)

post-715084-1303248302_thumb.png

thus, it is not neccessary to uncomment that line, just edit the second one.

checked that exact file some 2 hours ago :)

Edited by T_Frain_K

Finally fix : How to fix mount SDCARD

In init.rc is section:

# mount mtd partitions

# Mount /system rw first to give the filesystem a chance to save a checkpoint

## mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system

## mount yaffs2 mtd@system /system ro remount

write /sys/devices/platform/s3c6410-usbgadget/gadget/lun0/file /dev/block/mmcblk1

# We chown/chmod /data again so because mount is run as root + defaults

## mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

chown system system /sdcard

the command # mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard with # in begin is only text, not command, that Android don't know to mount SDCARD. is necessary to remove the # symbol at begin and write correct value mmcblk1p5 for SDCARD. Now is SDCard is correct with new reboot.

is here my init.rc, where is mounted SDCARD ( I have SDCARD in fat32 and value k1p5), rename to o2b3update.tar.gz and copy to root of My Storange for reboot.

if is not correct for you, is necessary to write correct mmcblk1p1...or..2..or..3 with your system.

For My storage k0p5 istallation and sd with no partition wich letters to put? k1p1?

Edited by vd69

Guest Ngage
well, if you had read just 2 lines lower, there the exact same device gets mounted to /storage :)

post-715084-1303248302_thumb.png

thus, it is not neccessary to uncomment that line, just edit the second one.

checked that exact file some 2 hours ago :)

See, 3. line is command, and it mount correct Storage for mmcblk0p5

2. line is command for mount sdcard, but is only text with # symbol in begin row. and mmcblk0p5 is not correct for SD Card, SD card have a number mmcblk1p...

Guest T_Frain_K
See, 3. line is command, and it mount correct Storage for mmcblk0p5

2. line is command for mount sdcard, but is only text with # symbol in begin row. and mmcblk0p5 is not correct for SD Card, SD card have a number mmcblk1p...

Ah, OK, now I understand you - meaning the microSD with SD-card.

Seems I got a little confused myself by my toys - on SGS both internal and external memory are refered to as SD-card. :)

I agree, if you use My Storage AND the card, both commands should be used (with different devices of course).

To sum that up for everyone:

/dev/mmcblk... means:

...0p_ internal Storage (My Storage)

...1p_ external storage (microSD)

...p0: first primary / extende partition <-- might not exist / be accessible, if extended partition

...p1: second primary partition (if exists)

...p5,6...: logical partitions on extended partition.

so that means:

... 1p5 means: first logical partition on extended partition (should be FAT) on SD-card

... 0p5 means same on My storage.

Right?

Guest PuCiNhOOO
=O

I downloaded the froyo beta 1 from official website of the dev's and an working 2d/3d driver which was posted somewhere at page 294-298

Just look for it and put that file at the first boot of android. I didn't even delete my old partitions on my sd card but just put beta 1 froyo on my storage and installed it on my sd card XD

I really must say, the battery life is AWESOME! No heat too!

Now I am using ISO Android, because at this way I can take more advantage of my SD (8Gb Card) for many things, I don't have Ubuntu at the moment on my computer, and it will just bott up with all the things that I have in the card, like music, photos, etc.

My batery is at 50%, and I'm using it for about 11hours. 11 hours of normal utilization, some calls, lot of sms, some 3G connections and Wi-fi ...

It'a a lot better indeed, not perfect, but a LOT BETTER =)

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

Guest problematika

Can anyone tell me what changes in DEFAULT.txt I need to do for installation on My storage (ubuntu)?

like this one: "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init" or?

EDIT: mmcblk0p2 for ext3 ! :)

Edited by problematika

Guest Ngage
For My storage k0p5 istallation and sd with no partition wich letters to put? k1p1?

You can see, what is letter number in UBUNTU.

My Storage have number k0p...

SDCard have number k1p...

value of p... for SD is find below: in Winmo set USB mode to Storage Card

Start UBUNTU

connect phone with pc

in destop RIGHT CLIC on SDCARD, choose format

Click on DISK UTILITY

Now you can see parameters of SD, and this number

device: /dev/sbd5 is 5 for p

post-687503-1303250358_thumb.jpg

Guest Ngage
Can anyone tell me what changes in DEFAULT.txt I need to do for installation on My storage (ubuntu)?

like this one: "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init" or?

EDIT: mmcblk0p2 for ext3 ! :)

Control for correct number, if you have all My Storage as one partition is mmcblk0p5, but if you have one FAT32 partition and one ext3 that ext3 is mmcblk0p6 and FAT32 My Storage is mmcblk0p5

Guest problematika
Control for correct number, if you have all My Storage as one partition is mmcblk0p5, but if you have one FAT32 partition and one ext3 that ext3 is mmcblk0p6 and FAT32 My Storage is mmcblk0p5

Ok, tnx! But now I have problem with 2D/3D libs and wakeup message problem....tried 3 kind of drivers...same message showing when haret load! :)

Guest Jorge Moraes

I want to know, if you can install on an 8GB memory i8000? And also

if you delete WM operating system memory?

Or if you can have both at once, or if you can do backgrade.

So again as factory windows.

Because I see in the video run it from the explorer in WM at the Omnia II, and he starts the process for assembling android.

sorry for may english im from Urugauy.

My english it's not so good.

I need this for my omnia 2 i8000 but y don't have a clear guide to do this.

tanks, and y need this help

Edited by Jorge Moraes

Guest alanmax

Can someone help me for tips or solve method ??? Thanks much in advance !!!

Almost of big apps (maybe 3.5MB up)(my opinion) cannot installed...it happens words "Application not installed"

sample apps -> VPlayer Advanced, Angry Bird, Wonderphoto etc. (all can be installed when beta2)

Guest Speedfrog

@Jorge Moraes

just follow the guide on page 289 last post, it will work. it will not delete WM or anything when you pullout the battery and power on your device it will start WM.

Guest kgp700

froyo running on korea omnia2

- SD CARD problem fixed , it's working(edit kernel .config)

- mp4, youtube video working

- phone,3g,wifi,gps working

(dpram.ko- eclair beta1module, multipdp.ko- aslan's optimize for korea omnia2, libertaspi.ko(eclair beta2's module)

- camera 5MP completly working! but battery drain fast

- can't working auto rotate

serious problems

- top status bar clock problem(stopped clock)

- google account add problem(possible add on youtube app)

- market not working

phone app don't have end call button

Edited by kgp700

Guest Jorge Moraes

Tanks veryyyyy muchh :) you save me this time.

@Jorge Moraes

just follow the guide on page 289 last post, it will work. it will not delete WM or anything when you pullout the battery and power on your device it will start WM.

Guest bennyhuang
Hi guys

Does anyone has a solution for "[104.982327] request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) at 1928382 (2011-04-19 13:26:40.928383 UTC)"

Please help me guys. trying to install froyo since yesterday with no luck

Thankyou

let me help you:

1. hard reset the phone: press handup+call+voice+sleep when power off.

2. manually install the android in my storage(same as android 2.1).

3. set cpu performance to High in WM.

4. put 2d/2d libs (1.59M) in my storage.

5. run android now.

I believe you can make it. I experience any times of 'request_suspend_state: wakeup (0->0) ', but, finally I do it as above, now it runs quite well.

Guest bennyhuang
I dont know how but my button camera opens the camera application ......

If i dont press all the button but only the half then the camera open ......

agree!!!!!!!!!

Guest bennyhuang
Some tip about google account problem?

Already tried yoitube, first boot wizard, etc, etc.

Can't open market :)

I can't log in last night. But now it does very well. I made below change:

dial *#*#4636#*#*

set DNS to allowed

Please try it.

Edited by bennyhuang

Guest LOLOH2

Hi guys,

I manually untar the ext4.tar.gz to my storage ext4 partition and put the zimage etc.. to my storage, but I keep getting "permission denial" and keep looping, what happen ?

Guest carenata750s
Just check the 24 hour and uncheck it to refresh the status bar

I have been trying to find a permanent fix for this but so far have been left only with your suggestion. But this is only a temporary fix...

yes the clock will update to the correct time by manually checking and unchecking the 24hr setting but doing this does not cause the clock to stay on the right time automatically...

I have to keep going into setting and checking and unchecking the 24hr setting everytime I unlock the phone from sleep... and yes I have waited the '2 hours' as suggested earlier in the thread (its probably closer to 48 hours as I have been searching for a fix)...

If anyone has found a permanent fix for this please share it