Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Doc Lorenzo
Can someone help me for tips or solve method ??? Thanks much in advance !!!

Almost of big apps (maybe 3.5MB up)(my opinion) cannot installed...it happens words "Application not installed"

sample apps -> VPlayer Advanced, Angry Bird, Wonderphoto etc. (all can be installed when beta2)

Temporary workaround:

1. unmount sd card (in setup/sdcard & phone storage)

2. install app (eg angry birds)

3. (re)mount sd card

I don't know why this happens, maybe it's related to the way the sd card is mounted in Froyo where it is mounted as /mnt/sdcard/ (instead of /sdcard/) - does anyone know if some of the bigger apps automatically try to install on sdcard?

I have tried mounting the sdcard as /sdcard/ and although it changed the error message from "unknown error -18" to ""error installing on sdcard" (or something like that) - it did not fix the problem for me.. - I still had to use the workaround.

Edited by Doc Lorenzo

Guest emptyara
I am the guy that said that my phone lasted around 11 hours and lost 15%. I still did not recharge the phone and now it's at 71% battery life. I am just about to leave home and play non-stop music on it haha :) Will update soon =)

mind sharing with us some of your tips ?? :) mine juz can lasted for

16 hours with no data in GSM mode.

11 hours with 2g in GSM mode.

7 hours with 2g + GPS enable in GSM mode.

7 hours with 3g in GSM/CDMA mode

Guest Doc Lorenzo
After applying this

Always occur media force close

+1 (had to reinstall because of this - and "this" is the 02b3update file from xibianliang containing an edited vold.fstab and init.rc)

But there is another update file a couple of posts later (containing the same files vold.fstab and init.rc) - that correctly mounts the sdcard as /sdcard/ instead of /mnt/sdcard/ and does not produce wait/fc errors. It does not however, solve the problem with installing big apps without having to unmount the sdcard first.. - so I reverted back to the original settings.

Edited by Doc Lorenzo

Guest TheGoDxxxx

Finaly got the sdcard to work!!

After I tried nearly all suggested tweaks without a solution I finaly decieded to screw it and reformated

my sd card under wm with minitool partiotion - windows7 and reinstalled android. Only to see that the sdcard

is agian only mounted at \mnt\sdcard but not also under \sdcard (which is the reason alot of apps doesn't install).

So I tried something that before didn't work (probably I played heavilly with the int.rc). Make a symlink from mnt\sdcard

to sdcard. And foila, I can install everything like in beta2!

To symlink, go in the appdrawer -> devtools -> Terminal. There type "SU" and press Enter. After that, type "ln -s /mnt/sdcard /sdcard" and press Enter.

Btw, Signing in to google didn't worked for me over wifi but went through fine under 3g.

Edited by TheGoDxxxx

Strange, now market is working here, too.

I was having problems with Google Talk (google talk authentication failed).

Don't know WHY it is working now, though...

Did you use 3g?

Guest TIEfighter

:-(

Installed it twice already (clean install, normal SD card installation), and after the third or fourth reboot, the device doesn´t wake up anymore after going to sleep. Am I the only one who experiences this behavior?

Guest TIEfighter
Booted like ten times trying to solve stuff, only once had a sod (and that was on first boot)...

Do you use Launcher Pro or ADW? Maybe it has something to do with Launcher Pro...it´s the only App I´ve installed actually...

Guest Ngage
So I've tried installing it on my Omnia 2 but no luck so far...under Ubuntu extracting the tar when copied to the ext partition doesn't work, I keep getting errors about no permission and also something like "cant make symbolic link to". That last error is directly translated from Dutch so I'm not sure wether it is the right translation :)

And if I do the following:

I get this:

haret.jpg

I see, you have only one partition on SD card, change the row Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init"

in startup.txt to Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 init=/init" this may correct problem. I sent changed file for you.

startup.txt

Guest TIEfighter
Did use adw all day and launcher pro yersterday...not sure how ofter I rebooted yersterday, probably three to five times...

okay...thanks...I´ll try another clean install, let's see if it helps

After I tried nearly all suggested tweaks without a solution I finaly decieded to screw it and reformated

my sd card under wm with minitool partiotion - windows7 and reinstalled android. Only to see that the sdcard

is agian only mounted at \mnt\sdcard but not also under \sdcard (which is the reason alot of apps doesn't install).

So I tried something that before didn't work (probably I played heavilly with the int.rc). Make a symlink from mnt\sdcard

To symlink, go in the appdrawer -> devtools -> Terminal. There type "SU" and press Enter. After that, type "ln -s /mnt/sdcard /sdcard" and press Enter.

Btw, Signing in to google didn't worked for me over wifi but went through fine under 3g.

I think it is the best and simplest solution

Guest carlospaco
I see, you have only one partition on SD card, change the row Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init"

in startup.txt to Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 init=/init" this may correct problem. I sent changed file for you.

Hey guys, This is my conclusion;

I am using f.iso, and it works great. Very stable, this morning market was working, i have instal angry birds rio and it works great, with sound and perfect graphics.

Camera works great( taking foto's,didn't try the filming), 3g and wifi ok.The battery is not that bad, i am using it about 12 hours, play with angry birds , went on wifi, install alot and send some and call,take some pictures. I went with wifi on market, no problem

.The only thing that it miss, it's more free memory. I have about 65M free memory, with only call light on.

Is there a possible way to make more off that? THANKs to DEV for there great work

sorry for my English

Guest alanmax
Temporary workaround:

1. unmount sd card (in setup/sdcard & phone storage)

2. install app (eg angry birds)

3. (re)mount sd card

I don't know why this happens, maybe it's related to the way the sd card is mounted in Froyo where it is mounted as /mnt/sdcard/ (instead of /sdcard/) - does anyone know if some of the bigger apps automatically try to install on sdcard?

I have tried mounting the sdcard as /sdcard/ and although it changed the error message from "unknown error -18" to ""error installing on sdcard" (or something like that) - it did not fix the problem for me.. - I still had to use the workaround.

Thankssss so much, very much... :) :) :(

It's real...this workaround can solved this problem.

Guest Sinistersky
Thankssss so much, very much... :) :) :(

It's real...this workaround can solved this problem.

yea..the mnt/sdcard is the error... it should be only /sdcard ... because thats the way apps know when to install to and SD recognizing hte SD card as /sdcard and not /mnt/sdcard

Btw, Signing in to google didn't worked for me over wifi but went through fine under 3

mine says mot permited why?

Guest eskyo

Btw, Signing in to google didn't worked for me over wifi but went through fine under 3

mine says mot permited why?

ln: /sdcard/sdcard: Operation not permitted

not working for me :)

Guest Doc Lorenzo

Tried it, did not work for me, however it seems the sdcard is now mounted/shown as /sdcard/sdcard (in addition to mnt/sdcard) so that might be the reason... - how do you remove the symlink again?

Cheers

John

Edited by Doc Lorenzo

Whenever i try to open market, it says " A server error has occured. Please retry ...." again and again. I checked, and i do have network connectivity. Played around with the browser too.

Guest mishatir
Root explorer new or old version dosent read sd card .

I tryed unmount mount nothing .

I am also trying to install angry bird or other games different versions with no luck

Does anyone knows what is wrong?

Everything else working very good .

BIG THANKS TO THE DEV TEAM

1) for view SD - go to /mnt/sdcard

2) see Сообщение # 5951

Guest kgp700

HTC DspManager for omnia2 froyo

it's working on omnia2 froyo!

dspmanager features

-sound effect

-Equalizer(quality good)

-Dynamic Range Compression

-Headset Virtual Room Effect

apply all sound app(original music,video, and music players,video,games sound,ringtone)

possible apply player eq(ex poweramp) with dspmanager eq

download o2b3update.tar.gz

enjoy it! :)

o2b3update.tar.gz

Guest rom_omnia2
I can't log in last night. But now it does very well. I made below change:

dial *#*#4636#*#*

set DNS to allowed

Please try it.

You are god, it works with 3g enabled, i will try with wifi, thank u

Edit: works also with wifi, downloading from market right now... :)

I guess it was using your data connection, i don't have data plan and still don't work with wifi + DNS alowed.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest ashburn
HTC DspManager for omnia2 froyo

it's working on omnia2 froyo!

dspmanager features

-sound effect

-Equalizer(quality good)

-Dynamic Range Compression

-Headset Virtual Room Effect

apply all sound app(original music,video, and music players,video,games sound,ringtone)

possible apply player eq(ex poweramp) with dspmanager eq

download o2b3update.tar.gz

enjoy it! :)

How this is what i call awesome! Thanks KPG