Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest eskyo
definitely correct mount SDHC CARD with FROYO

I have manual installed FROYO in ext3 partition of My Storage, today i make correctly mount 4GB SDHC as SDCARD in android, now FROYO see an recognize well this card.

1, Is necessary to format SDHC as PRIMARY PARTITION fat32, with this format SDcard is mmcblk1p1 for android system.

2, make modify init.rc with command: mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard

3, reboot

here is modify init.rc and vold.fstab ( I removed /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard )

****** IS NECESSARY TO FORMAT SDHC AS PRIMARY FAT 32 --NO LOGICAL********

not working for me :S

is it different for SDcard installation?

Guest kgp700

market and gtalk is not working

it's my gtalk service monitor↓

Time since service creation: xx:xx

aid: 0(INVALID AID!!!) -> i think it's reason that not working market and gtalk

Guest calolobo

Yes, i have an i8000 but the same problem, i can connect to [email protected] account trough youtube user (using gmail account and not youtube account), but i can't enter to market or gtalk, curiously before using youtube trick, those programs ask for user/password, after youtube trick no longer possible, who knows, maybe its about permissions ...meanwhile no market for me (i have installed Froyo on storage)

Guest carlospaco

does anybody knows why android only uses 156 mb of memory? i think omnia has 256mb. i only habe 50 mb of free memory, that is not much. is that normal. i use fs.iso

.very stable greets

Guest emptyara
Tip to correct time in bar and clock on today:

Remove Home screen tips ( symbol Android ), and time show exactly. :)

haha.. i dun think it solve the problem.. :)

Guest emptyara

had this problem before. I even cannot download anything from my dropbox too.. but after I did fresh install n sign into google account at first boot (dont skip login process) everything works great so far... I did not make any changes in android package and installation method during my 2nd installation.

Edited by emptyara

What you used to do this?

grazie :(

... I have used the Screen Capture Utility : "Drocap2 v2.13" :huh: .

( ma forse non era questa la domanda ?!?!? :) )

how did you change the notification bar and the dock without getting errors!? please tell me how to sign the framework-res.apk and others...if possible...is there a way to get the default froyo dock instead of the adw one?

... ashburn has made a beautiful tutorial : >>> here <<< ,

I have changed only some PNGs and one XML :) .

Guest l3ong91
I'm on my fourth reinstall because of this error, and I have no idea why it suddenly occured.. (one of the times the error occured after a "sudden power failure" because the battery ran out of juice - this seems to be a well known issue :-))

I tried clearing/removing cache/data from almost all google services and more, but were not able to get rid of the error.

The core error occured along with framwork errors in my case - how about you?

I just lost power again, and dreaded the reboot, but "luckily" it seems I have another error this time - something with media.process and market.vending, which I believe (hope?) I can fix.

I think mine is continuously popped out error which I can't even select anything but to click on Force Close. acore.process has ended unexpectedly......Never mind, will did a clean install again this time, so sad, all my apps are gone, guess I have to reinstall them again.

Guest tangopikaro
definitely correct mount SDHC CARD with FROYO

I have manual installed FROYO in ext3 partition of My Storage, today i make correctly mount 4GB SDHC as SDCARD in android, now FROYO see an recognize well this card.

1, Is necessary to format SDHC as PRIMARY PARTITION fat32, with this format SDcard is mmcblk1p1 for android system.

2, make modify init.rc with command: mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard

3, reboot

here is modify init.rc and vold.fstab ( I removed /mnt/sdcard to /sdcard )

****** IS NECESSARY TO FORMAT SDHC AS PRIMARY FAT 32 --NO LOGICAL********

dude! i love you!

thanks!

Guest kgp700
had this problem before. I even cannot download anything from my dropbox too.. but after I did fresh install n sign into google account at first boot (dont skip login process) everything works great so far... I did not make any changes in android package and installation method during my 2nd installation.

did you see "aid: 0(INVALID AID!!!)" message on gtalk service monitor app?

my problem is

google account -> i tried to fresh install and sign into google account at first boot (i tried to more 20 times but all times same failed)

but "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server" message with failed (3g and wifi perfactly working, only google account and market not working)

after sign into google account with youtube app -> run market -> display "A Server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen." message(3g and wifi perfactly working)

gtalk -> run gtalk -> display blank screen during 1second and turn off

I was experiencing the same problem. No my market is working but to be honest I have no idea how... What I did was to make few reboots, few resets to factory defaults and keep trying to launch market... and suddenly it works!!!!

Damn i wish i shared your luck :)

Guest gauravv

SOLUTION FOR SOD :) :)

Install advanced task manager then open its settings and turn on auto kill in sleep mode and set frequency to aggressive.....and last setting to low...and you will see lots of processes you can kill.

as its still beta android is not able to manage ram well and similar case is of call light issue!!

i am using from sd card of just class 2 and didnt had any issue with it no force closes....rarely though on camera....and my market worked first time only....what i did it was that at initial install i skipped the whole process then after reboot i opened market app and it worked

great efforts deves.

just wondering :( if some could make wifi work on b7610.......i know devs are busy with i8000......:huh:

Edited by gauravv

Guest kgp700

eclair package has system/framework/com.google.android.gtalkservice.jar

but froyo package not have system/framework/com.google.android.gtalkservice.jar

it's useless on froyo?

Guest ritchietos

so i installed anry birds rio whitout sd every thing goes wel and fast then it load the first level and it just shut down itself . whit no error nothing

anyone have a fix for this ??????

edit never mind find it already u need internet connection to play this game the second time it works whitout internet

Edited by ritchietos

Guest gauravv
so i installed anry birds rio whitout sd every thing goes wel and fast then it load the first level and it just shut down itself . whit no error nothing

low ram problem

Guest forajido

+1

Guest ritchietos

so if a set my ram size to 0x10000000 i have 265 mb ram right ?? iam at work now and dont have a cable to test

edit so iam not right is see there is a Set ramsize 180*1024*1024 i edit it to Set ramsize 220*1024*1024 it boots bud i cannot enter market for a app to chek of it gave me more ram or not

Edited by ritchietos