Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Chloe42

Hi there,

I'm trying to install "http://87.229.73.80/froyo_beta1_1024.zip" on my i8000.

After run "o2beta/haret.exe" and when i run "/haret.exe"(root directory), the messages

"request_suspend_state : wakeup at XXX ..." displays endless .

How can i resolve this problem.

Merci for any information and suggestion.

SHIM

Edited by Chloe42

Guest erikcas
Hi there,

I'm trying to install "http://87.229.73.80/froyo_beta1_1024.zip" on my i8000.

After run "o2beta/haret.exe" and when i run "/haret.exe"(root directory), the messages

"request_suspend_state : wakeup at XXX ..." displays endless .

How can i resolve this problem.

Merci for any information and suggestion.

SHIM

Search this forum for 2d3d drivers, pick latest and apply as described

(or click this link, because today is lazy sunday. You will find the download there if you scroll around :))

Guest Shadowlord666

Still can't get the SD card to work.

Even editing the vold.fstab to use My Storage as SD card (like described earlier) didn't work here...

That's really sad...

Guest lotuxete

Hi,

I've been working with Froyo for the last days and everything is working fine, but I can't access to "My Storage" partition. I've tried with "Astro File Manager" and "Root explorer", but every time I click over the "\storage" folder the application crash, however I can access \storage through Droid Explorer perfectly.

Any idea?

Bye.

Guest spider1

All who have problem type: "Can't mount INTERNAL FLASH!!!" is solution for this: Change partition My Storage from PRIMARY TO LOGICAL. :)

Guest deadman1007

After a few days playing with froyo, installing, uninstalling and who knows waht. finally im satisfied. so time to share

i installed froyo on my storeg

first partition is fat32 logical

second is ext3 logical (i use ext3 cause for some reason my phone is much faster then with ext4) i dont know why but for some reason for example loading galery on ext4 lasts for ages after 15 minutes and loaded a 10 or so images on ext3 its all in that time, so that's way ext3 for me

i used 2d/3d drivers provided on xda-developers and init.rc+vold.fstab provided few pages earlier.

so all in all now my omnia is supprisingly fast, market works, but still some programs like angry birds won't install

did not try by unmounting sd cause im not big fan of angry birds, but will try in day or two

my compliments to devs

looking forward to the new features and fixes

Guest l3ong91

I've been running Android fine for 2-3 days(using default beta, auto mounted ext4 on SD), but today, after I launched haret.exe, the screen boots up and load as usual, but suddenly it says not mounted, ext 2 thing??? any suggestion?

All works great except the overheating during charging. Added with the fact that the battery last about 18 hrs(moderate usage), i have to switch to WM just to charge, everyday :). On the bright side, Not a single SOD/Freeze :)

Guest kgp700

korea omnia2 has market working!

solution is use korea galaxyS's(SWH-M110S) GoogleServicesFramework.apk file

but only working at first boot google sign-in method

Guest problematika
korea omnia2 has market working!

solution is use korea galaxyS's(SWH-M110S) GoogleServicesFramework.apk file

but only working at first boot google sign-in method

Yes, same thing is with fixed fs.iso files... I think that only Dev's can help us! But today is Great day, so let them enjoy like I do! :) Cheers!

Guest Sinistersky

Just a quick suggestion here... I would strongly suggest you start using this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1031836

It is freaking awesome...New version of ADW launcher..and it is just so damn good...previous version sucked..but this one is awesome

EDIT: And YES!!! it includes the stock froyo awesome launcher with it...Or actually...it's gingerbread ( it has colour ) HAHAH! thank me later

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest Doc Lorenzo

I have two major issues with my froyo install (sd card install).

1) I am getting "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" + googleframework errors at startup and adw launcher is not started. I have cleared data/cache of contacts, calendar, calls and more but the error is still there. The install is useless now, but I would hate to reinstall, since this is actually the 4th time I have to reinstall because of this error (the other times however were a bit different since adw launcher was started). Any ideas?

2) I can no longer apply updates with the o2b3update.tar.gz file, it simply isn't applied when booting (file remains in mystorage). When is the update file applied - could it be connected to the other issue?

Guest msamitahir
Yes, same thing is with fixed fs.iso files... I think that only Dev's can help us! But today is Great day, so let them enjoy like I do! :) Cheers!

If you are having problem accessing market on the fixed iso try the following

goto setting -> applications -> manage applications

under downloaded select market

than click "uninstall update"

It should fix the market

Edited by msamitahir

Guest kenzou^

hi guys..

i have installed froyo on my I8000

run haret 1st time ok..2nd time also ok..but then at page that need to touch android to proceed, nothing happen.

emergency dialer load ok..language change also working but nothing happen when tap on the android..

then screen go blank and cannot wake up anymore..need to remove battery to restart..

please help me solve this

Guest klevis21

It is freaking awesome...New version of ADW launcher..and it is just so damn good...previous version sucked..but this one is awesome

EDIT: And YES!!! it includes the stock froyo awesome launcher with it...Or actually...it's gingerbread ( it has colour ) HAHAH! thank me later

if you could be more specific than just awsome it coulb be very helpful....in the xda forum they said that it war more an alfa than a beta version...

Guest erikcas
I have two major issues with my froyo install (sd card install).

1) I am getting "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" + googleframework errors at startup and adw launcher is not started. I have cleared data/cache of contacts, calendar, calls and more but the error is still there. The install is useless now, but I would hate to reinstall, since this is actually the 4th time I have to reinstall because of this error (the other times however were a bit different since adw launcher was started). Any ideas?

2) I can no longer apply updates with the o2b3update.tar.gz file, it simply isn't applied when booting (file remains in mystorage). When is the update file applied - could it be connected to the other issue?

did you or do you do a specific update before this (under 1) happens?

Edited by erikcas

Guest TheSamuray

For me its working without any manipulations,,, just on first boot i entered & downloaded call light using 3G data,, not wifi,, then is is working even vi wifi.

i ve used also the fix file & it worked a well

Just what remaining is to install lare programs in SD,, it needs unmount-mount SD,, means the system cant recognize the SD partition

Best regards

Guest Sinistersky
if you could be more specific than just awsome it coulb be very helpful....in the xda forum they said that it war more an alfa than a beta version...

it's stable, it's fast, it has some very nice features, doesn't take much RAM and has the stock froyo dock included...ergo ... awesome :)

Guest problematika
For me its working without any manipulations,,, just on first boot i entered & downloaded call light using 3G data,, not wifi,, then is is working even vi wifi.

i ve used also the fix file & it worked a well

Just what remaining is to install lare programs in SD,, it needs unmount-mount SD,, means the system cant recognize the SD partition

Best regards

It's not working for me...just once, after first boot, after that none. Tried and tips which Mishatir told me, no way, not working... :)

Guest carlospaco

How much ram is there left with this?

Guest Hadesword

My experience with froyo and sdcard

NOW I get sdcard works with this setup:

mystorage format in fat16 logical

sd card Format in fat32 Primary 4gb SDCH card

In my O2 this works with iso and original froyo beta2