Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest gauravv

at last got my market , facebook app to work

i installed apndroid.......then i switched off my gprs in apndroid.......after that again connection stopped and again started and then i used market it worked whoa!!

Guest darkworldzz
My router is WEP protected...works like a charm... I'm advanced user... :mellow: Still doesn't change the fact why you wouldn't be able to connect...

icic.. thanks.. then it could be something wrong with installation.. will try to reinstall and see if it works..

Guest LOLOH2

anyone can point me to download a free android iso reader, I want to copy the file from the fs.iso to my PC and use ubantu to transfer to ext4 partition. thanks a million..

Guest erikcas
anyone can point me to download a free android iso reader, I want to copy the file from the fs.iso to my PC and use ubantu to transfer to ext4 partition. thanks a million..

You can mount iso files in ubuntu. Google for it :mellow:

Grtz Erik

Guest Leeds

I've tryied almost everything to make my Froyo work but I always get SOD at the start screen, I can click on the green little android but nothing happens, until I get the force close/wait message..

The problem is not SD overheat, it must be something else..

Is there any way to manually install the 2d/3d libs on my SD card or to know that they are correctly installed without booting Android?

Guest erikcas
I've tryied almost everything to make my Froyo work but I always get SOD at the start screen, I can click on the green little android but nothing happens, until I get the force close/wait message..

The problem is not SD overheat, it must be something else..

Is there any way to manually install the 2d/3d libs on my SD card or to know that they are correctly installed without booting Android?

The 2d3d files must be installed. You see the android. Which 2d3d update did you install? Did you slready try the one from http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issue...tail?id=123#c10

If not, please try.

grtz Erik

Guest Leeds
The 2d3d files must be installed. You see the android. Which 2d3d update did you install? Did you slready try the one from http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/issue...tail?id=123#c10

If not, please try.

grtz Erik

Hi Erik

Yes, I see the green android and the hand animation telling me I have to click on it to continue but I click a few times, it flashes white but nothing happens and after a few seconds "Process system is not respondig"..

If I choose "Force Close" it immediately freezes the screen and after a few seconds.. SOD

If I choose "Wait" I can still mess around a little bit, like clicking on "Change Language" option for instance and scroll through the list of languages.. but after like 10 seconds it goes SOD too.. :mellow:

Yeah, I did installed the correct 2d/3d files

I've downloaded and installed again with the link you've sent me just to make sure, no lucky.. I still get SOD.. :o

My guess is that for some reason my Froyo is not installing the update correctly and causing the SOD at the start..

I might be wrong though..

Thanks for help everybody

Edited by Leeds

Guest LOLOH2
You can mount iso files in ubuntu. Google for it :mellow:

Grtz Erik

there was one .img file i was able to mount but this one .iso i was not able to, it said not supported format. when i mount, nothing in the cd mounted. n i also cannot burn it to cd.

Guest new2city
Hi Erik

Yes, I see the green android and the hand animation telling me I have to click on it to continue but I click a few times, it flashes white but nothing happens and after a few seconds "Process system is not respondig"..

If I choose "Force Close" it immediately freezes the screen and after a few seconds.. SOD

If I choose "Wait" I can still mess around a little bit, like clicking on "Change Language" option for instance and scroll through the list of languages.. but after like 10 seconds it goes SOD too.. :mellow:

Yeah, I did installed the correct 2d/3d files

I've downloaded and installed again with the link you've sent me just to make sure, no lucky.. I still get SOD.. :o

My guess is that for some reason my Froyo is not installing the update correctly and causing the SOD at the start..

I might be wrong though..

Thanks for help everybody

On my B7610, I have to wait and wait and wait during the first setup, pressing the green android and so on. It will work, just need to wait(at least 2-4 minutes). However, the other day, I did the setup for my friend's O2 and surprisingly, it was quite smooth(did it in less than 2 minutes), the difference was, I was connected to my notebook via USB.

note that I did this only once, so I don't know it will always be like this but it was so much faster that without the USB connection..

Guest tstwater

I got so some problems when I install android on i8000 my storage and some of the answer is very hard to find. Therefore, I wrote a tutorial about how to install android 2.2 on i8000 with youtube video by myself. you guys can have a look if you are interested. :mellow:

http://jerrytech2468.blogspot.com/2011/04/...n-i8000-my.html

If you guys have any comments or tips about i8000, feel free to leave a comment on my blog: http://jerrytech2468.blogspot.com/

Guest AnYhOw
oh man... i want to try this on my omnia II (i8000), but fears of bricking the unit...

hmmmmnnnnnnnn.....

It won't brick your phone. (: It's safe, just pull out your battery if it hangs. After that, just boot up and everything will be back to normal.

Guest n4m3less

for DEVS:

what are the problems of porting Android to 2.3? the driver that you have developed are not compatible?or what?

thanks

Edited by n4m3less

Guest urkopi
for DEVS:

what are the problems of porting Android to 2.3? the driver that you have developed are not compatible?or what?

thanks

I think that the Devs mentioned that the problem is Gingerbread needs the Open GL Driver, and this driver is developing now!

Regards1

Guest n4m3less
I think that the Devs mentioned that the problem is Gingerbread needs the Open GL Driver, and this driver is developing now!

Regards1

i hope it is just that the main problem:)

Gingerbread 2.3.4 will support the video call native :mellow:

Edited by n4m3less

Guest ASIDER

Regards1

if 2.3 will run adobe flash player i am very happy

Guest urkopi
i hope it is just that the main problem:)

Gingerbread 2.3.4 will support the video call native :mellow:

:o Like the FaceTime on iPhone?

Regards!

Guest n4m3less
:mellow: Like the FaceTime on iPhone?

Regards!

I hope not! I hope we can video call with some phones (like the video call on wm)

Edited by n4m3less

Guest urkopi
I hope not! I hope we can video call with some phones (like the video call on wm)

With Android phones, because the app with we make the videocall is Google Talk, and only the Android phones (and iOS I don't know) has it!

Regards!

Guest n4m3less
With Android phones, because the app with we make the videocall is Google Talk, and only the Android phones (and iOS I don't know) has it!

Regards!

if it stays like this, it will be very limited

Guest falconp
I installed the Froyo in my storage in EXT4 and works well!

How I make pra to have access my inside storage of android?

I am in the same situation.