Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

when i run haret.exe in "my storage/o2beta" screen shows kernel panic and restart.

i use 8gb microsd card support class 6.

details of log.txt in bottom

Error: The FATs don't match. If you don't know what this means, then select cancel, run scandisk on the file system, and then come back.

Unit= 8192, track=16 sectors, Size= 7842814 kByte

Shrink the first partition 5: 15685631 -> 13588463 = 6794230 kByte ...

Error: The FATs don't match. If you don't know what this means, then select cancel, run scandisk on the file system, and then come back.

Model: SD NCard (sd/mmc)

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk1: 15685632s

Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B

Partition Table: msdos

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags

1 1s 15685631s 15685631s extended

5 2s 15685631s 15685630s logical fat32

Create the Ext2 ( logical 6, sector 13588480 - 15685631 )= 1048575 kByte ...

Error: Can't have overlapping partitions.

Model: SD NCard (sd/mmc)

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk1: 15685632s

Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B

Partition Table: msdos

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags

1 1s 15685631s 15685631s extended

5 2s 15685631s 15685630s logical fat32

After few days of testing (with 3d drivers and sleep patch installed) here are my "findings" :

-when connected to AC the phone charges ok but the clock still run too fast (15 minutes for 6 hours of idle time - asleep)

-I have a very fast card so I have almost no problems with "waiting" apps, even while browsing market while one app is downloading and other is installing in the background (all that while AC is connected)

-when running on battery I have a problem with calls being interrupted when the display turns off and phone goes to sleep (I guess)

-also the clock goes totally haywire when put to sleep while unplugged

-there are problems with waking up when unplugged - for now I press "hang up" button and wait for the phone to wake up - takes from few to 30 seconds (only ones did it refuse to wake up at all and that was after 8 hours of sleep while unplugged) - It seems the longer the phone sleeps the longer it takes to wake up

-wifi works great for me as long as I use it, but disconnects after idle time and does not reconnect automatically when needed (I don't know whether it should do it but I would really like it to - the wifi state is reported as enabled so I have to disable and re enable it to have a working connection), the speed is satisfactory, downloaded 26MB file in about 30 seconds

-DroidExplorer works great, I wonder whether there is a possibility to use usb as a internet sharing connection, like active sync under winmo

-I have installed (just to see how android will handle it) about 100+ apps and games and I have a question - the system start time is now really long and task manager reports a lot of apps active after startup - is this a normal behavior? I mean does almost every app installed like to start up with system or is that some android "normal" behavior, also is there a way to prevent them from starting individually?

Guest Doombringer
may I format Sd card to ext2, I don't understand ext2. please explan me from the beginner? I have a 2gb sdcard, it is free. I need to do? Please help me step by step

I meant it is risky.

this script creates ext2 part and installs android automaticly ( or at least it should ) . it works as the same with original release so you can use the guides, just where you see my storage, use sd card instead.

@slymn : the important message is that "The FATs don't match" - it means that partition table on the SD card is corrupted slightly - I would suggest the easiest way to deal with that is backup all data from the card under winmo and format it first under windows while connected as USB Connection > Mass storage > Storage card (as selected in Samsung settings) and then in Samsung settings > Memory settings > Storage card > Format

Then install android and finally restore data under winmo.

Guest pepsipig
It can be confirmed there may be something different in China with the phone.The patches, the o2update and the sleep fix, have nothing help for the phone.Don't know why and find no solutions till now.Sigh...

yes ,i havent heard that there is anyone who got phone worked in China,i'm sure the dev team will fix this :lol:

Guest athulag

One word: Amazing !!!!!

got it to work in Germany on E-Plus network.

Had issues with my 8GB sd card. Even after formatting it, Android was slow and kept on getting stuck.

Using a 2GB (same class as the 8GB) sd card everything works and android is fast.

Wifi stable and did not have a single dropped connection:

Issues I have noticed so far:

1) Battery drain

2) No way to reboot without taking the battery off. (any ideas ?)

Guest Rapid81
2) No way to reboot without taking the battery off. (any ideas ?)

And again, a newcomer, who cannot read the FAQ on the project's page. You're amazing guys...

Guest drwakey
-DroidExplorer works great, I wonder whether there is a possibility to use usb as a internet sharing connection, like active sync under winmo

Yay, i thought that already too. Would be a great temporary solution for B7610 user's, where wifi isnt working right now!

Guest Rapid81
Yay, i thought that already too. Would be a great temporary solution for B7610 user's, where wifi isnt working right now!

Try MyPhoneEx. The internet-on-usb is working with that program.

I've made a video of how to install to My Storage. It is much more stable and faster. Boot time is halved. :lol:

can you make a written tutorial on this? and screen shots? that would be great. thanks

Guest arashtarafar
I got this message when I running the haret.

"Kernal Panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)"

Anyone help please?

maybe your uSD is not recognized.or you edited the default.txt .

extract it again and try once more...

Well I had to manually install drivers for my phone (in device manager) but after that it worked without problems. The installer only installs a program, drivers are stored in "c:\Program Files\Droid Explorer\USBDrivers\" (default folder).

Guest gauravv
Well I had to manually install drivers for my phone (in device manager) but after that it worked without problems. The installer only installs a program, drivers are stored in "c:\Program Files\Droid Explorer\USBDrivers\" (default folder).

there isno folder like usb drivers in droid folder can u upload it??

This "We are sorry!" message getting annoying :lol:

Someone know a solution for it? Anyway why is it dumping this dumpstate_sys.log?

It looks like after the os started, it's going to make the dump (slower response, etc...), and shuts down.

I didn't take out the battery with this install, always used the normal shutdown option, and never freezed, just once it restarted and after it, this dumpstate_sys.log appeard.

Checked the partition with fsck, but no errors.

I think android hates me :)