Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest juergen_90

Hey guys!

I'm really impressed by your awsome work. Really Good Job!!!

But on my Omnia 2 there is a Problem while running the haret.exe in the o2beta folder. It says that it cant find the "ext2.tar.gz" but it's definately in the root folder. As a Consequenze I get a kernel panic when I ran the second haret.exe in the root folder. Is there any solution about this till now?

greets Jürgen

Guest spider1
Do you format the SD card from Samsung's Settings?

Yes, i trying many times.I format My Storage and 2 other card's(8GB and 2 GB)

Edited by spider1

It seems that the high density/speed SDHC card cause problems - resulting sooner or later a damaged filesystem. So until we can issue a new beta using the internal flash, please use the "old" 1-2G SD card for android if possible....

Guest shoarmabakpao

Anyone know why my 3d textures are white instead of showing it's colour??

It's in the game I test now Asphalt 5

I have seen another modaco user playing the same game with lag but with the textures loaded on an omnia 2

Guest ANGEL_666

Hi. Want to ask deelopers: sorry, if i dont understood something, but PHJ says, that domain gating is on, wright? Then, what is the point of it, if in modules, that come with kernel (g2d-3d) - it disabled?

* 2009/09/30 Kang hui sung

* Disabling using G2D domain gating temporally.

*/

/* #define USE_G2D_DOMAIN_GATING */

Sorry if i'm take stupid qwestion, i'm just want to learn...

OOOPS.. my bad.. all OK.. :lol:

Edited by ANGEL_666

Hi. Want to ask deelopers: sorry, if i dont understood something, but PHJ says, that domain gating is on, wright? Then, what is the point of it, if in modules, that come with kernel (g2d-3d) - it disabled?

* 2009/09/30 Kang hui sung

* Disabling using G2D domain gating temporally.

*/

/* #define USE_G2D_DOMAIN_GATING */

Sorry if i'm take stupid qwestion, i'm just want to learn...

Where do you found that?

There is such part in the 2D driver in the code, but WITHOUT comment around the USE_

Guest ANGEL_666
Where do you found that?

There is such part in the 2D driver in the code, but WITHOUT comment around the USE_

Yes, sorry it from another version. Tom3q driver run and work... Trying to see the differences..

Guest Rapid81
not working it is asking fr usb drivers at new hardware found

You need an installed KIES. It contains 2 from the 3 missing USB drivers.

The third one is here. Choose "ADB Testing Interface" or "Samsung Android Composite ADB Interface". Both worked for me.

Guest xkill3rprox

Hmmm, Internal storage is available in the release.

But my 8GB turn out to be 400MB anything i missed out? Or is it common?

This thread is gonna become like the old one soon, way too big and hard to read.

It makes people like me to be lazy to read all of them.

Guest gauravv
You need an installed KIES. It contains 2 from the 3 missing USB drivers.

The third one is here. Choose "ADB Testing Interface" or "Samsung Android Composite ADB Interface". Both worked for me.

hey i managed to get droid explorer work through pda software..it auto install everythg...but phone ex doesnt work

Please help me to install android on SD card step by step because my storage is lost alll

Hello! :lol:

Please read the FAQ on the project's page first, before posting..

Guest Rapid81
I didnt understand how to make MyPhoneExplorer work. ive downloaded that .rar file with few files inside. and then?

And what do i need to do between the thing wrote on this page? http://code.google.com/p/omnia2droid/wiki/InstallAppsADB

Like I said, you need to install KIES. Plug your phone the the USB. The Windows starts to install the drivers, but one is missing. That is the driver what's inside the samsungadb.zip. Unzip it and browse it to update.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest forajido
It seems that the high density/speed SDHC card cause problems - resulting sooner or later a damaged filesystem. So until we can issue a new beta using the internal flash, please use the "old" 1-2G SD card for android if possible....

Tested with a non-HC SD 1 Gb: NOTHING CHANGES. I just don't know what else I can do.....

I can't stop thinking about what has changed after the hard reset.

Ideas will be welcome.

Thanks.

Like I said, you need to install KIES. Plug your phone the the USB. The Windows starts to install the drivers, but one is missing. That is the driver what's inside the samsungadb.zip. Unzip it and browse it to update.

well i plug the mobile to the usb but nothing happens. ive checked the thing on the menù too(now im not on android , i dont remember the name of the thing)

Guest quato7906
Tested with a non-HC SD 1 Gb: NOTHING CHANGES. I just don't know what else I can do.....

I can't stop thinking about what has changed after the hard reset.

Ideas will be welcome.

Thanks.

Managed to install it on My Storage(With VMware Player & UBUNTU ,posted in previous topics),there is a really noticable difference!!!device seems 30-40 % faster...especially when I restore contacts from windows,when put widgets on screen,phone dialer opens faster ,boot time really decreased to half compared to microSD,WIFI starts & connects faster,no HEAT on the back,still testing and now I install it another OMNIA 16 GB My Storage(mine is 2GB)...

I wil post results...

Ekremsky

Managed to install it on My Storage(With VMware Player & UBUNTU ,posted in previous topics),there is a really noticable difference!!!device seems 30-40 % faster...especially when I restore contacts from windows,when put widgets on screen,phone dialer opens faster ,boot time really decreased to half compared to microSD,WIFI starts & connects faster,no HEAT on the back,still testing and now I install it another OMNIA 16 GB My Storage(mine is 2GB)...

I wil post results...

Ekremsky

post a guide on how you did so we can all try it. :lol:

Guest luismi18

I was just going mad. I have a Kingston 8gb sdhc class 4 and was able to install it but to run it was a lottery and almost always ended crashing (self reboot or pulling the battery out).

So I will wait and a BIG THX to you and all the othe guys.

Guest quato7906
post a guide on how you did so we can all try it. :lol:

OK,here is what I did:

1.Install VMWare Player

2.Download UBUNTU 32 bit version from here http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

3.Install Ubuntu

4.Download & install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

5.Take your phone ,go to Samsung Settings USB settings and set USB Connection to My Storage

6.Back up your My Storage to Storage Card (or you will loose all data there)

7.Connect the phone to the PC-> it will connect like mass storage device

8.Open MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition,select the Storage device Samsung and delete the partition->then click create and create 1020 Mb(in my case of 2 GB Internal Storage) FAT 32 partition(give it a name like disk0 without space),there will be left about 1 GB unallocated storage->select right button,click create partition format EXT2 (or EXT3) with a name like disk and select APPLY!->your My Storage will be formatted!!!you will see only 1 GB Storage device in My Computer in Windows.

(EDIT: You can format in the UBUNTU also with Disk Utility ,but first use Unmount storage.)

9.Copy the entire beta1024 folder content on the root of the storage device in Windows! ,not the folder,the content with Android files: ext2.targz default.txt zImage o2beta folder Haret.exe and o2bupdate.tar.gz

10.Disconnect phone & launch VMWare Player and run UBUNTU.

11.connect the phone, it will be recognized like android storage device.

12.In the Ubuntu go to Applications-Accessories run Terminal,--> write down this:

sudo cp /media/disk0/ext2.tar.gz /media/disk/ and wait untill finishes

after that write:

cd /media/disk/ there will be a line like : cd /media/disk$

you must write down this after this line:

sudo tar xzvf ext2.tar.gz -C /media/disk

(edit: you can also extract all you o2bupdate.tar.gz to system with above methods)

And you go,all the content of ext2.tar.gz will be extracted to disk (in this case Android partition) -> at the end of extraction unplug the phone from PC

13.Turn of the VMWare Plater & Ubuntu, plug the USB with the phone to PC again and edit the line:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init" to this:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 init=/init"[/b and save it (EDIT: if you get kernel panic you can try mmcblk0p6 ,or mmcblk0p2 if you have a ext3 partition)

14.Unplug phone -> and run Haret exe from the root of My Storage not from inside o2beta folder

And you are ready to test :)

sorry I dont have time post guide with pictures because haven't much time may be someone can make it but it is already posted youtube video how is done here:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...8000/page/700/#

Regards & thanks to the developres provided this great work to all us!

Ekremsky

Edited by quato7906

Guest teamkillexpert

quick question, I got it working with the updated zimage and 2d/3d drivers but it's still really slow like before. It pops up those windows saying things have stopped responding all the time, nothing has changed.

I tried both putting the update into my storage and actually moving all the files into the old image. I can check in the phone that those files are there but it is still unstable.

Guest Rapid81
quick question, I got it working with the updated zimage and 2d/3d drivers but it's still really slow like before. It pops up those windows saying things have stopped responding all the time, nothing has changed.

I tried both putting the update into my storage and actually moving all the files into the old image. I can check in the phone that those files are there but it is still unstable.

The first problem is the error in the SDHC card's handling. The second is the SDHC card's heat consumption. My SDHC card on installation and first boot was really hot. I cooled it, and the first boot went really smooth. So try to cool down the card during the first boot.

Other:

If someone has a full chart on battery charging percentage/Volt, please post it to the developers, because the current Beta is using the i6500 battery table. That's why the battery percentage is different in WinMo and Android. Thanks!

Edited by Rapid81