Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest nikkotsoi

it is really nice to hear this good news in Mid-Autumn Festival!!!

Thank you very much

Thank you

Thank

You

U :rolleyes:

hi chinese,,

happy mid autumn festival

it 's really a great news here

Guest Pedro Henrique

Using since sunday morning, now for more than 24 hours... No freezes at all, just need to restart 2 times becouse I was trying to understand the system and for the first experience with android I was expecting no longer than a few problems. Right now, I lost data conection. Not wifi, just data. That up and down arrows isnt on the main screen anymore. Someone knows something about that?

By the way, awesome job devs, for a beta system is way better than winmo6.5!!! Thanks a lot...!

install proper 2d3d drivers. If I'm right, you can find the link to it on the first page of this thread or use search function when in topic list.

Edit: Download here and place on my storage, where haret.exe is.

Drivers will be installed automatically when you boot android with haret.

thanks a lot man..i'm using it now yet all my contacts in my phone are gone..is there any way for me to sync them with android or do i have to input them manually?

i really appreciate your help..thanks again..

Guest yeapsc73

hi guys, i've just installed the froyo beta to my i8000, some question here

a) how to import phone contact from the winmo?

B) battery draining very fast, any solution?

c) when the phone go to sleep mode, i can't wake it up at all, is it a bug?

tq

Guest Trasheador

thanks a lot man..i'm using it now yet all my contacts in my phone are gone..is there any way for me to sync them with android or do i have to input them manually?

i really appreciate your help..thanks again..

usa active sync in windows mobile to sync your contacts with gmail exchange server (m.google.com and your gmail account).

When you sync with android, all your contacts will be there.

usa active sync in windows mobile to sync your contacts with gmail exchange server (m.google.com and your gmail account).

When you sync with android, all your contacts will be there.

If you have your contacts on sim, go to contacts, push "menu key" (the half circle key between phone and hang up key (on b7610) // cube key on I8000), choose import/export, then choose import/export from sim, after it is done reading from sim, press menu key again and choose import all.

Good luck!

Edited by erikcas

tq

I use Advanced Tak Killer free and and CPU Boost, search for them on market.

You can configure ATKF to kill all that is running when screen is off (just play around with it and adjust it to your needs).

I set CPU Boost screen off profile (in advanced settings of it) to minimum CPU 384000. You could try a lower value.

Search around on the forum index, different people try different configurations with different apps to prevent SOD. All with more or less success. Sleep of Deaths do happen but you can more or less minimize it. Remember, this is BETA so bugs are there!

My experience is, "put" the phone in sleep mode by pressing the hangup key instead of waiting to "fall" in sleep is also preventing SOD. (I allways double check if the phone wakes up by pressing the touchscreen to be sure it is sleep. If not, I put it in sleep again by pressing hangup key again)

For battery drain, I put the phone in airplane mode once a day , leave it so for a minute and then turn off airplane-mode. I don't know if it really works, but for my feelings, it improves battery life for me :rolleyes: and more users have good eperiences with it. Untill now, I cannot discover any benchmarks for it and I didn't benchmark myself.

I'm looking forward to the new froyo release, and how this behaves.

I booted the upcoming kernel (phone/data not workingin the current froyo image!) and my feeling is that it is responding way better and faster to the wake up key. But lets wait and see.

Edited by erikcas

Not wifi, just data. That up and down arrows isnt on the main screen anymore. Someone knows something about that?

Try airplane mode "on" and airplaine mode "off" again.

New version will be published within next few days. It'll contain 2D/3D drivers.

Completely off topic: My daughter is to be born within the next few days (due sept 19th).

If published on the day that my daughter is born, I will name the release consequently after my daughter :P

No, I will NOT name her Sandroid :P

Edited by erikcas

Guest superdupersianz

Completely off topic: My daughter is to be born within the next few days (due sept 19th).

If published on the day that my daughter is born, I will name the release consequently after my daughter :P

No, I will NOT name her Sandroid :P

betatwo maybe? Joking, no offense.

tq

four SOD phone slip problem use il fail mount.sh delet the old fail insaid sistem/etc en copy the new

mount.zip

Guest hirophang

Dev, Thanks you very very much for the Superb Greatz News!!!

Can't wait to install the New Beta, or RTM version?

currently I check in this post more than 5 times per day....

If you have your contacts on sim, go to contacts, push "menu key" (the half circle key between phone and hang up key (on b7610) // cube key on I8000), choose import/export, then choose import/export from sim, after it is done reading from sim, press menu key again and choose import all.

Good luck!

already tried yet the phone says there is no sim mounted..also the same with the sd card..been reading through the threads and there's a lot i can't understand for i'm new at this..

i'll still read through and hopefully i can find the solution..tnx a lot

already tried yet the phone says there is no sim mounted..also the same with the sd card..been reading through the threads and there's a lot i can't understand for i'm new at this..

Hi, if that is not working maybe you could just wait for afew more days for the new beta?

Can you try the o2b3update.tar.gz I attach here?It did work for me a while ago. Contains init.rc and loadmod from original image from dev site, which are replaced by the rev51 one. It shouldn't affect the update from google. If anything is not working anymore please re-apply the google update. Please post if it works or not.

You should already know by now how to apply this update :P

Maybe you have to reboot twice to have it working.

o2b3update.tar.gz

Edit: No sim mounted. But you can make phonecalls and use data?

Edited by erikcas

four SOD phone slip problem use il fail mount.sh delet the old fail insaid sistem/etc en copy the new

never bumped into this. Gonna try it in the last days of current beta :)

Guest voyteckst

BTW, Dev-Team: will the new beta2 be released as an update or it will be necessary to reinstall Froyo from scratch?

Thank you.

No update. Full reinstall. Just make backup with one of some backup apps.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest carlospaco

No update. Full reinstall. Just make backup with one of some backup apps.

Very Nice news.

Can't wait anymore. God give me patient. :-)

Wonderfull work till know DEV'S

Thank