Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest djsolidsnake86
i tried 2d-3d-updatefix3.zip, 2d-3d-updatefix4alpha.zip, 2d-3d-updatefix2(whitescreen).zip

that's working but sometimes can't see graphic ui

and 2d-3d-updatefix4alpha.zip ->more performance but more bugs and flickering the screen

2d-3d-updatefix2(whitescreen).zip, 2d-3d-updatefix3.zip -> not flickering the screen

so the stable is the fix3 right? but these drivers are better than the ones posted by rapid81 earlier?

Guest alexovy

Hello,

first of all...thank you guys for doing this.

I have installed everything...and works like a charm...except the google account. I have tryed like 10 times...but everytime I get "can*t establish a reliable data connection to the server"

The browser works just fine.

Can you help me please?

Thank you!

Guest paranoiadk

installing the updated market app seemed to have solved it for me.

i got it somewhere in this forum - try rapid81's app selection here

(market is under apps)

Hello,

I have installed everything...and works like a charm...except the google account. I have tryed like 10 times...but everytime I get "can*t establish a reliable data connection to the server"

Can you help me please?

Thank you!

Guest meneerdeheer

Hi all

I love the android on my phone (B7610), it isn't working great, but really I can live with it.

I only have one question maybe a bit stupid but oke...

How can i install apps on the B7610 without Wifi? Do i need to download apps from my computer and put them with the samsung connection in a map?

Can someone explain me how to do it, thanks!

Edit *How can i get my memory back on the SD, android stopped working and i want to reinstall everything

Thanks you

Edited by meneerdeheer

my lockscreen dind't appear...i installed zimage but nothing changes...when i touch the screen its unlocked...how can i activate lockscreen?

edit: i have downloaded widget lockscreen, an app from mobilism...and the lockscreen works great...

Edited by igorbr

Guest carlospaco
Hello,

Can you help me please?

Thank you!

Hello , do you mean that you have data true 3g or wifi? I don't think there is data true 3g?

WIFI by me sometimes its work and sometimes it does not. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks and Greetings

I have installed everything...and works like a charm...except the google accoun. I have tryed like 10 times...but everytime I get "can*t establish a reliable data connection to the server

look in settings applications for a google-update and delete it

have read somethig like that here (haven't you?)

Edited by mosci

Can anyone tell me how to install it onto "My Storage" directly?

I have moved it from SDCard to My Storage before, which worked. However it is not working anymore and I

don't want to do it all over again :)

I'm sure there is a way you can make it partition the "My Storage" instead of the sdcard, but I can't find anywhere how to do it :)

Thanks in advance :lol:

Guest Sinistersky

so whats the deal with these "new" 2d-3d drivers? they badword my badword... what gives? just wait for a proper update before you badword your badword up...seriously...badword

Guest paranoiadk

try here: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/322429/...0/#entry1572487

Can anyone tell me how to install it onto "My Storage" directly?

I have moved it from SDCard to My Storage before, which worked. However it is not working anymore and I

don't want to do it all over again :)

I'm sure there is a way you can make it partition the "My Storage" instead of the sdcard, but I can't find anywhere how to do it :)

Thanks in advance :lol:

Guest aafi-rocks

Everybody busy with graphic drivers.. anyone interested in fixing the time issue..

Clock moves way to fast.. and causes a problem to check missed calls time..

Anyway to get the time issue fixed..

Guest osmington

when it booted up windows again , i went to 'my storage and haret.exe is not there ?

can someone please tell me what i have done wrong.

when i go into storage card there is nothing at all in there ?

Edited by osmington

Guest aafi-rocks
Hi all

I only have one question maybe a bit stupid but oke...

How can i install apps on the B7610 without Wifi? Do i need to download apps from my computer and put them with the samsung connection in a map?

Download the APK files for the games you need and copy them to your device..On your device find teh file and run it.. it should install..

Edit *How can i get my memory back on the SD, android stopped working and i want to reinstall everything

Download and install EASEUS Partition Master 6.5.2 Home Edition & SD formatting tool 3.0

Connect your phone in storage card mode and launch EASEUS Partition manager. it wil show your storage card.. right click and format..

Unplug and replug your phone in storage card mode..

Run SD Formatting tool and format your card using FAT (not FAT32) and 32kb cluster sizes..

Now you have your SD card ready to install Adnroid..

Guest osmington

ok i redid everything and i now get as far as this message before rebooting :

77.3564631 kernel panic not syncing

then when it reboots, i goto haret.exe in root of my storage and it says :

failed to load file My storage\zImage

any ideas please

i tried 2d-3d-updatefix3.zip, 2d-3d-updatefix4alpha.zip, 2d-3d-updatefix2(whitescreen).zip

that's working but sometimes can't see graphic ui

and 2d-3d-updatefix4alpha.zip ->more performance but more bugs and flickering the screen

2d-3d-updatefix2(whitescreen).zip, 2d-3d-updatefix3.zip -> not flickering the screen

2d-3d-updatefix4alpha.zip and 2d-3d-updatefix3.zip not working > no screen. Only 3d driver only > working but some time reboot by itself

@the developers ...

since the kernelsource is updateted (from rev 53 -> rev 57)

i'm not able to get adb working anymore (linux version)?!

with the old kernel -> no problem

with the new one -> no chance

any hints to get it working with the actual source?

Edited by mosci

Has anyone else experienced problems with Angry Birds 1.3.5 crashing since the updated drivers and library's?

I installed 1.2 but went back to 1.1 because of dramas with 1.2 but angry birds crashes at the end of every level and doesn't recognise I finished the level. It runs even smoother stable while playing but at the cost of it crashing when the level is finished.

Edited by Pete B

Guest djsolidsnake86
@the developers ...

since the kernelsource is updateted (from rev 53 -> rev 57)

i'm not able to get adb working anymore (linux version)?!

with the old kernel -> no problem

with the new one -> no chance

any hints to get it working with the actual source?

where is this update?

Guest gonzo_bonzo
where is this update?

Do someone have updated full pack to install? I'm afraid the key issue to make it working is keeping proper sequence of updates. thanks in advance :lol:

Guest alexovy

FIRST IMPRESSIONS (after two days of usage):

GOOD:

- works smooth and fast, lot faster than WinMo;

- phone works (not 100% correct);

- sms works;

- picture viewer works;

- not sure but I think also music and radio;

- angry birds runs perfectly (with the right 3d drivers) but some texts are not recognized;

- WiFi works (not 100%);

NOT SO GOOD:

- phone is not working all the time. I made like 10 phone calls...and olny half of them I managed to finilize. Sometimes I cannot here anything from the begining, other times suddently in the middle of phone call;

- even if I used the modified version, with sleep problem solved, during the night it went to sleep mode again and in the morning I had to remove the battery;

- I didn*t manage to import my contacts from sim card yet, but there must be a way that I dont know it yet (any ideeas?);

- not all settings are working (for ex. the ringtone);

- camera;

- GPS;

This is what I recall at this time.

Generarelly it is preaty awesome :lol:

Waiting to see the next update.

Good job guys!

Guest Shadowlord666

I'm not sure whether this is old news or whether this is just on my phone, but I'm often having problems to wake up my Omnia II (Android) using the power button. It just won't wake up.

But when I press and hold the "call" and "hangup" buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds, the device turns on.

Sometimes it instantly turn off again, but then I can turn it on with the regular power button.

Strange...

Btw. I don't want to push anyone, but is there any progress on the missing features/bugs?

No word from the devs. for a couple of days.

Going back to WM6 is no fun anymore.

Guest djsolidsnake86
I'm not sure whether this is old news or whether this is just on my phone, but I'm often having problems to wake up my Omnia II (Android) using the power button. It just won't wake up.

But when I press and hold the "call" and "hangup" buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds, the device turns on.

Sometimes it instantly turn off again, but then I can turn it on with the regular power button.

Strange...

Btw. I don't want to push anyone, but is there any progress on the missing features/bugs?

No word from the devs. for a couple of days.

Going back to WM6 is no fun anymore.

for now the bug for that i must go back to wm are the wifi unable to start bug and the sleep of death (i also would love the 3g support for mms reading)