Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Martin1990

Thanks for android, it works great except for the freezes but that will be fine someday.

So how to install the new install if you already had it on your phone?

Delete all or replace stuff?

Guest gauravv
If you check the first page you can see that the GMS data features not work yet.

Please use WIFI!

Sandor

Wifi not working properly on b7610 ..its dosent detect available networks

Guest djsolidsnake86
If you check the first page you can see that the GMS data features not work yet.

Please use WIFI!

Sandor

also wifi seem that doesn't work :S

Guest Anniejonline

Goodday all,

First off all , great job to all developers and all people helping to make this android work on samsung crappy wmo phones.

I'm a total noob in this mather but wanna check out the beta just to see if it works for me.

Atm my phone is back to samsung for a try to repair it because i had lots of problems with it (b7610).

Now i use my brothers i8000 and i wanna try android on it but dont want him to lose the wmo so the phone stays original.

If i download the beta and use it on sdhc card does the wmo stay in original state and work like it does atm when i get the sdhc card out with no signs for android?

As this phone might go back to samsung also as soon mine gets back.... well aslong android wont work and might fix the problems we both have with the phones.

Thanx in advance

Anniej

Edited by Anniejonline

Guest djsolidsnake86

now wifi work, and also phone

when i donwload a app from the market and i install it, android hangs and i must remove battery and restart it from windows mobile (but the app is correctly installed)

also experienced hangs using market and google sync

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest l3ong91
Goodday all,

First off all , great job to all developers and all people helping to make this android work on samsung crappy wmo phones.

I'm a total noob in this mather but wanna check out the beta just to see if it works for me.

Atm my phone is back to samsung for a try to repair it because i had lots of problems with it (b7610).

Now i use my brothers i8000 and i wanna try android on it but dont want him to lose the wmo so the phone stays original.

If i download the beta and use it on sdhc card does the wmo stay in original state and work like it does atm when i get the sdhc card out with no signs for android?

As this phone might go back to samsung also as soon mine gets back.... well aslong android wont work and might fix the problems we both have with the phones.

Thanx in advance

Anniej

This android beta will run from haret.exe ...you can't run both OS in the same time, so either Winmo or Android.....and while you're running android, and you feel like switching back to winmo, just turn off or reboot the device and it will go back to samsung winmo again....clear? by the way, please read all those replies and check out the apps homepage to find out more before posting questions

***** NEW VERSION! ********

There were some minor glitches in the first version, for example the autoupdate script (dealing with o2bupdate.tar.gz and .sh) was not working, etc... So everybody who downloaded the image before 12:45 CET, please download the new....

New version seems even more stable..

No freeze and i almost run it for 20mins now. The only thing i see is that wifi is unstable. Hard to connect and disconnects immediately

More testing to come

Guest Martin1990

No freeze and i almost run it for 20mins now. The only thing i see is that wifi is unstable. Hard to connect and disconnects immediately

More testing to come

did your removed the first version and installed the 2nd?

or replaced some files?

Guest djsolidsnake86

after installed 2 appz, and some reboot after hangs, now android is stuck at the loading screen (maybe i must format sdcard and reinstall from 0)

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest TIEfighter

More testing to come

Well, for me it unfortunately hasn´t improved. Still frequent crashes. Do the developers also experience these crashes or are their versions, which probably include the 2d/3d libs, working without those freezes?

Guest darkworldzz
the problem of freezing is not corrected!!!!òàê stops beating firmly through about 10(

Did you not read the web page provided?? the freezing seems to be due to the 2d/3d drivers not being included. besides its still beta.. BETA!! LOL

did your removed the first version and installed the 2nd?

or replaced some files?

i reformatted my card and reinstalled from the beginning. It crashed after 30 or so mins. I think it has to do with the usage.

I also noticed that my omnia heated up a lot, like when i charge it.

i reformatted my card and reinstalled from the beginning. It crashed after 30 or so mins. I think it has to do with the usage.

I also noticed that my omnia heated up a lot, like when i charge it.

it is obvious when CPU is running on full speed all the time.

I repeat - please read dev's page.

Guest TIEfighter
everytime my b7610 said com.andriod.phone stop please cry it again ...sorry for my poor english .i am in china..

Stop flooding the forum.

Another thing: After 2-3 freezes android doesn´t boot correctly anymore. Instead, i get the message "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." After i force close it, i get ""The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Anyone else experiencing this? And if so, can it be connected to the frequent freezes?

Stop flooding the forum.

Another thing: After 2-3 freezes android doesn´t boot correctly anymore. Instead, i get the message "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." After i force close it, i get ""The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

Anyone else experiencing this? And if so, can it be connected to the frequent freezes?

same here.

also after some crashes when booting it says something like these (I don't remeber exactly): "checking donnowhatXD" [55.123123123] DRAM blablabla 1

then the same but DRAM 2, and so on until after 10min it crashes at about 40

Guest TIEfighter

Yeah, it´s amazing! :-) Let´s hope this will increase development speed and help us get rid of the freezes, because i already like this version better than my current WinMo ROM. Only the crashes stop me from using it all the time.

Man, i´d love to help coding, but I just don´t have any skills, except for graphics and HTML