Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest emptyara
Actually, I would be grateful if you could answer one other question...

Have you installed any 2D/3D libraries? If you have, which file, and how did you install?

Thanks,

Rob.

Ok. forgot to mention that. I used nObody 3dpatch.. Rapid suggest this one.. so i go for this :P

Guest emptyara
@emptyara:

[iv] then, type type "ln -s /system/xbin/su su" ----> (still working on this part bcoz my android still cant properly root to the device yet)

-but many claimed it should work..

Since you are working under ubuntu you have the android filesystem mounted somewhere so giving that command will create the link to a file on ubuntu filesystem. If you tried to link to file on android filesystem you would ln -s /media/disk/system/xbin/su su but that would not work once android is started.

The only way (beside using o2bupdate.sh) is to:

1. install some terminal emulator from market

2. type suid

3. type su

4. do your steps:

[ii] then, type this "cd bin"

[iii]then, type this "rm -f su"

[iv] then, type type "ln -s /system/xbin/su su"

Now it should work. Please correct me if I'm wrong (to someone more knowledgeable).

Now i wonder why i still not able to root it.. thanx.. will try it.. :P

Guest Rapid81
Voltage:3.681v

Soc:13.87%

Percentage:26%

BatteryIcon:2

Temperature ADC:250

Battery Type:1440mA

Sorry, but not needed. I just talked to Sándor, and he enlightened me, there's a chip in O2 what reports the appropriate %/V. And the operating systems lies to us about the battery percentages. :P So, the table is not needed.

Guest djsolidsnake86
Sorry, but not needed. I just talked to Sándor, and he enlightened me, there's a chip in O2 what reports the appropriate %/V. And the operating systems lies to us about the battery percentages. :P So, the table is not needed.

sandor has news about the battery drain?

Guest FactionOne
Ok. forgot to mention that. I used nObody 3dpatch.. Rapid suggest this one.. so i go for this :P

Thanks.

Did you integrate those libraries into ext2.tar.gz too? (like the 31/01 files), or did you just place the o2update.tar.gz in My Storage? (If you did it this way, did you do this with initial setup, or after you'd booted android GUI at least once?)

Many thanks,

Rob.

Guest emptyara
@emptyara:

[iv] then, type type "ln -s /system/xbin/su su" ----> (still working on this part bcoz my android still cant properly root to the device yet)

-but many claimed it should work..

Since you are working under ubuntu you have the android filesystem mounted somewhere so giving that command will create the link to a file on ubuntu filesystem. If you tried to link to file on android filesystem you would ln -s /media/disk/system/xbin/su su but that would not work once android is started.

The only way (beside using o2bupdate.sh) is to:

1. install some terminal emulator from market

2. type suid

3. type su

4. do your steps:

[ii] then, type this "cd bin"

[iii]then, type this "rm -f su"

[iv] then, type type "ln -s /system/xbin/su su"

Now it should work. Please correct me if I'm wrong (to someone more knowledgeable).

I use Better Terminal Emulator.. but after entered the first line "suid", I got this message line --> "bash: suid command not found"

what is not right here?

btw, thanx for "ln -s /media/disk/system/xbin/su" this line.. will try it when I want fresh Install again later :P

Edited by emptyara

Guest Rapid81
sandor has news about the battery drain?

Yes. It seems they fixed it, or really near to fix it. Sándor wrote he left his O2 on Android at night, and the battery goes down only 3%.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest emptyara
Thanks.

Did you integrate those libraries into ext2.tar.gz too? (like the 31/01 files), or did you just place the o2update.tar.gz in My Storage? (If you did it this way, did you do this with initial setup, or after you'd booted android GUI at least once?)

Many thanks,

Rob.

yes.. i drag&copy all those o2bupdates into ext2.tar.gz using 7zip.. after i manage to combine all updates that i want, then I go to next step.. which is untar tru ubuntu. i guess i mentioned it, right?

Guest emptyara
Yes. It seems they fixed it, or really near to fix it. Sándor wrote they left his O2 on Android at night, and the battery goes down only 3%.

So excited hear this...thanx Rapid for the very good news..~

Bravo Almar n the devs team..

Guest FactionOne
yes.. i drag&copy all those o2bupdates into ext2.tar.gz using 7zip.. after i manage to combine all updates that i want, then I go to next step.. which is untar tru ubuntu. i guess i mentioned it, right?

OK thanks for your help; I'm going to try this method now...

Rob.

Guest emptyara
OK thanks for your help; I'm going to try this method now...

Rob.

hope it will work for u n to the others..

can u confirm whether #post2065 will work or not.. i think u shud do that step after untar ext2.tar.gz

try change the last line to "ln -s /media/disk/system/xbin/su"

i cant try that coz my android already booted.. u may want to try it if u want to root ur device..

Edited by emptyara

When i put the script file o2bupdate.sh in \My storage then phone is not rooted.What can i do?

i tryed root explorer but it dosent start where can i puted manualy thru ubuntu

Guest djsolidsnake86
Yes. It seems they fixed it, or really near to fix it. Sándor wrote he left his O2 on Android at night, and the battery goes down only 3%.

:P

fantastic!

Guest alexovy
If someone wants to help the developers to make the battery percentage accurate, then type in the phone this code under WinMo: *#9911# and create a table with the %/V. The table needs to be more detailed near 100% and 0% to be more accurate.

Thanx!

Voltage:3.750 V

Soc:27.82%

Percentage:46%

BatteryIcon:3

Temperature ADC:230

Battery Type:1440mA

P.S. oh...sorry....I just sow that they don't need it anymore....sorry...you can delete it.

Anyway....I see that this "46%" from windows shows 23% in Android.

Edited by alexovy

Guest djsolidsnake86
One question. My location by 3g or WiFi doesn't work properly yet? does it? Waiting for the battery fix, then i'll forget Wm :P

agree, waiting for the zimage file :D

Guest Sinistersky

now that is some proper tweaking right there...great work Sandor :P...So that means stand-by is fixed...Do you have any info about when we're using it? Sync, 3G or similar ?

Edited by Sinistersky

Colud anyone start a thread or stick a post with the most effective way to install and run droid with all the needed files in one place as digging through this thread is a real pain?

Thanks

Guest FactionOne
hope it will work for u n to the others..

can u confirm whether #post2065 will work or not.. i think u shud do that step after untar ext2.tar.gz

try change the last line to "ln -s /media/disk/system/xbin/su"

i cant try that coz my android already booted.. u may want to try it if u want to root ur device..

Hi,

Sorry - it's booted now; but I'll try on my next reinstall (going to try Ubuntu > My Storage (have been isntalling to SD so far because my i8000 is only 2GB internal storage)).

I carefully put the ext2.tar.gz together with the 31/01 files, and n00body's 2D/3D libs (file sizes etc. verified) and booted android...

First Boot: Hang at shell after line: [3.819065] saturn-battery saturn-battery: s3c_set_chg_en: charging enabled. (Battery-out to restart)

Second Boot: Screen corruption when animated splash screen should be displayed. (Battery-out to restart)

Third Boot: Long pause after IPC Transfer Start at shell, but eventually splash screen appeared and android booted; sluggish through date/time wizard. Normal shutdown

Fourth Boot: Android booted OK, was reponding well, GSM data set-up, Market updated and able to download apps.

...Then I unplugged the charger and let the device go to sleep. The device wouldn't wake up.

It seems there's something in the 31/01 updates that my handset really doesn't like; which is a big shame because it's cool to have GSM data. I'll keep trying...

Thanks for your help,

Rob.

Edited by FactionOne

Guest emptyara
Hi,

Sorry - it's booted now; but I'll try on my next reinstall (going to try Ubuntu > My Storage (have been isntalling to SD so far because my i8000 is only 2GB internal storage)).

I carefully put the ext2.tar.gz together with the 31/01 files, and n00body's 2D/3D libs (file sizes etc. verified) and booted android...

First Boot: Hang at shell after line: [3.819065] saturn-battery saturn-battery: s3c_set_chg_en: charging enabled. (Battery-out to restart)

Second Boot: Screen corruption when animated splash screen should be displayed. (Battery-out to restart)

Third Boot: Long pause after IPC Transfer Start at shell, but eventually splash screen appeared and android booted; sluggish through date/time wizard. Normal shutdown

Fourth Boot: Android booted OK, was reponding well, GSM data set-up, Market updated and able to download apps.

...Then I unplugged the charger and let the device go to sleep. The device wouldn't wake up.

It seems there's something in the 31/01 updates that my handset really doesn't like; which is a big shame because it's cool to have GSM data. I'll keep trying...

Thanks for your help,

Rob.

sorry to hear that.. am sure there must be little tweak u can do to get this to work.. :P trial n error

Edited by emptyara

Colud anyone start a thread or stick a post with the most effective way to install and run droid with all the needed files in one place as digging through this thread is a real pain?

Thanks

MAN OPEN YOUR EYES!

The thread below this one is called: Android for the Omnia 2 info, Specifications, Modifications,Guides, FAQ and more...

@all: yehaa, Battery drain is solved! Thats awesome news... Waiting for the next update to play with.