Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Rapid81
hi. i have a problem.

1-)Copy the files in my storage

2-)o2beta/haret.exe run

3-)ms dos screen open. finally, writes an error message. (kernel panic not syncing attempted to kill init) is it normal?

I have 1gb internet in my sim card (TURKCELL 3G). But i can't use internet in android. writes in first message, internet works. but i can't use internet.

Why did you spam the forum???

Guest ashburn
@bobhero&ashburn:

I'd also like to see a tad more black on our omnias. :P

try here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916814

hope it's of any help...

hey check it out here http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...i8000-themes-s/ lol ur given link is to much of a pain to read lols. but its a good source for learning. I'll be making a tutorial that will be much more simpler.. =D

Sorry, but not needed. I just talked to Sándor, and he enlightened me, there's a chip in O2 what reports the appropriate %/V. And the operating systems lies to us about the battery percentages. :P

I've took a look into battery readings and (/sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity) and it seems that SOC value is reported instead of % charge gauge.

Guest one-turk

i dont know if its imprtant but i formated my storage 50 mb fat32 and the rest ext2

copied ext2.tar.gz from usb to ext2 part on ubuntu and extract there android is running much fsater than 1 gb ext2 part.

side note: ubuntu is very cool

Guest shogun_ro

3G and WiFi connection works very slow on Market. The phone gets very hot during the download. Opera does not have any problem, pages load instantly.

Maybe it's time to split up this topic for those who have installed in My Storage and for those who have installed on SD card.

I have installed on SD card until a final version is ready and it's hard for me to follow this topic. Maybe there are others like me. It's just an opinion. :P

I have installed on SD card until a final version is ready and it's hard for me to follow this topic. Maybe there are others like me. It's just an opinion. :P

Agreed.

The official thread is for the SD card installation.

It is fair to say posts are split 50/50 between the two medium SD card and "Internal Storage", although "internal storage is making headway, this makes it much harder to follow one or the other.

Here You have - hope it's working now.suupdate.zip

Correction: You have to do manually:

chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

either from ubuntu or adb shell).

thanks voyteckst, it works for me.. :P waiting for battery fix. :D

Here You have - hope it's working now.suupdate.zip

Correction: You have to do manually:

chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

either from ubuntu or adb shell).

hey voyteckst, i tried the command but when i did the rm -rf su message came up sayin permission denied. can you help me with this one. i have the update on the root of my storage. i did the my storage install.

thanks

Guest FactionOne

It's not very important, but I was just wondering if someone has a clearer idea of how the hardware key input stuff works?...

I've read here, and elsewhere, that the standby (lock) button, and the end-call button create the same key-code; and that's why we get the behaviour in Android that the end-call button toggles standby (even in a call). Surely there is some difference at the most basic level though; as if there was absolutely no way at all of telling them apart at software level; we'd have the same behaviour in WinMo?

Of course we don't, as in WinMo, the standby button will turn the screen off, and wake it up; and the end-call button, while triggering a wake event, will go on to perform its primary function, and end the call. As above, I know it's not a big problem, because we can end call with Android's on-screen controls; but it just seemed to me that somehow or other, it must be possible to make the two buttons behave more like they do in WinMo.

I was looking at the Android developer info, and the keylayout we have; it looks like the keylayout has some redundant values which make it trickier; but I'm going to try educated-guesses to slim that down for starters. I found a tool to echo the key codes Android receives from the buttons; it told me everything, apart from the end-call button:

Standby/Lock (Top Right): 0 [116]

Back (Mid Right): 1 [217]

Cam (Low Right): 7 [158] (Half-press (focus) and full-press (capture) count as 2x same code)

Call Send: 3 [231]

Call End: ???

Cube (Center): 6 [139]

Vol Up: 5 [115]

Vol Down: 8 [114]

...Unfortunately, and even though it was able to grab the standby button, the end-call button just put the device into standby; so there was no keycode captured; but that got me thinking; that perhaps something at a lower-level needs attetion; maybe between the keychars, and driver, something can be tweaked to separate the two button functions?

Any further information anyone has would be gratefully received!

Rob.

Edited by FactionOne

Guest Rapid81

Anybody has any clue what are the localization files in the droid? I want to use my own language in it, but I downloaded many full ROMs and I couldn't figure it out what are the language files.

Guest TIEfighter
Anybody has any clue what are the localization files in the droid? I want to use my own language in it, but I downloaded many full ROMs and I couldn't figure it out what are the language files.

Tried that too, but so far i haven´t found out how this works...i thought this would be easy on a linux based os...

hey rapid have you tried the rooting part? can you guide me pls.

thanks

Guest elbee72
It's not very important, but I was just wondering if someone has a clearer idea of how the hardware key input stuff works?...

I've read here, and elsewhere, that the standby (lock) button, and the end-call button create the same key-code; and that's why we get the behaviour in Android that the end-call button toggles standby (even in a call). Surely there is some difference at the most basic level though; as if there was absolutely no way at all of telling them apart at software level; we'd have the same behaviour in WinMo?

...Unfortunately, and even though it was able to grab the standby button, the end-call button just put the device into standby; so there was no keycode captured; but that got me thinking; that perhaps something at a lower-level needs attetion; maybe between the keychars, and driver, something can be tweaked to separate the two button functions?

Any further information anyone has would be gratefully received!

Rob.

Mosci modified the i8000 beta (kernel/files) to make the b7610 hardware keyboard work, so he nows a lot about how the keybord works on several levels in Android.

You could ask Mosci or other b7610 users with this modified beta if this (sleep iso hangup during after call) also occurs for them.

If it works for b7610 it can be patched for i8000.

Guest avantgarde280
and what about droidwall? how make it work?

recompile your own kernel.. :D but seem not stable enough for me..better wait official kernel upgrade... :P