Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest r1c4rd0
Wow, good news!

One question, I have tried to play to Ferrari GT 3D and the screen is distorted!

Screenshot:

Thanks devs Thanks!

i have that bug for some games too, and dont know how to solve that problem... i would like to know to solve it too.

Hi Guy's,

I have a Problem that windows need's a driver for "S3C6410" and can't find them. I have done all the steps from "ADB Installation and usage tutorial" but always this problem. When i select "do not search driver, select yourselve... "(i have an German windows version and translate in own words) I take the "android_usb.inf" from "...\samsungADB\usb_driver\x86" and windows request, the driver haven't information about the Device (S3C6410)... Whats wrong?

I've insert a pic in this post, please take a look... install driver for S3C6410

You need to choose the option on window (driver update) that asks the device to choose from a list, you must looking for ADB driver, choose search disc install and go to the fold where you downloaded drives.

For those who have difficuity installing in My Storage , you can use my ext2.tar.gz and untar it to My storage in Ubuntu and follow the following installation guide, thanks for the originator who make my Andriod work like charm in Omnia 2. My tar file contains 31Jan and Rapid updates, you don't have to do it by yourself using 7z as mentioned in the guide .

Please look for Post #14 here : http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...2-info/

Edited by LOLOH2

For those who have difficuity installing in My Storage , you can use my ext2.tar.gz and untar it to My storage in Ubuntu and follow the following installation guide, thanks for the originator who make my Andriod work like charm in Omnia 2. My tar file contains 31Jan and Rapid updates, you don't have to do it by yourself using 7z as mentioned in the guide .

Please look for Post #14 here : http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...2-info/

Thanks for sharing! But you should have waited for the sleep fix and then released. Can you do it again then?

Guest dgmorland
It's not very important, but I was just wondering if someone has a clearer idea of how the hardware key input stuff works?...

I've read here, and elsewhere, that the standby (lock) button, and the end-call button create the same key-code; and that's why we get the behaviour in Android that the end-call button toggles standby (even in a call). Surely there is some difference at the most basic level though; as if there was absolutely no way at all of telling them apart at software level; we'd have the same behaviour in WinMo?

Of course we don't, as in WinMo, the standby button will turn the screen off, and wake it up; and the end-call button, while triggering a wake event, will go on to perform its primary function, and end the call. As above, I know it's not a big problem, because we can end call with Android's on-screen controls; but it just seemed to me that somehow or other, it must be possible to make the two buttons behave more like they do in WinMo.

I was looking at the Android developer info, and the keylayout we have; it looks like the keylayout has some redundant values which make it trickier; but I'm going to try educated-guesses to slim that down for starters. I found a tool to echo the key codes Android receives from the buttons; it told me everything, apart from the end-call button:

Furthermore I think that at the software level, there is probably a way to distinguish between a press and hold of a hardware button from a quick press. In the Galaxy S there is no dedicated Search button but pressing and holding the Menu button activates the search function. Obviously it detects the difference between a press and hold of the Power button and quick press too.

Guest FactionOne
Mosci modified the i8000 beta (kernel/files) to make the b7610 hardware keyboard work, so he nows a lot about how the keybord works on several levels in Android.

You could ask Mosci or other b7610 users with this modified beta if this (sleep iso hangup during after call) also occurs for them.

If it works for b7610 it can be patched for i8000.

Furthermore I think that at the software level, there is probably a way to distinguish between a press and hold of a hardware button from a quick press. In the Galaxy S there is no dedicated Search button but pressing and holding the Menu button activates the search function. Obviously it detects the difference between a press and hold of the Power button and quick press too.

Thanks for the replies, perhaps I'll try to make contact with Mosci to see if I can get some tips for tinkering with things...

Thanks again,

Rob.

Guest Rapid81
You need to choose the option on window (driver update) that asks the device to choose from a list, you must looking for ADB driver, choose search disc install and go to the fold where you downloaded drives.

That's right. And because of the so many noob Windows users, I updated the ADB tutorial, and added the following sentence:

Not just add the path to the search root, you need to select the driver yourself!!!

:D :P

Guest voyteckst
That's right. And because of the so many noob Windows users, I updated the ADB tutorial, and added the following sentence:

Not just add the path to the search root, you need to select the driver yourself!!!

:D :P

There is also way (without installing drivers). You can also add this alternative way to Your tutorial:

- root Your phone

- install adb wireless from Market

- install android sdk on Windows

- run wifi on android

- enable adb wireless (it will show ip addres and ip - remember it)

- from Windows commandline: adb connect android_ip_address:port

Use adb like normal ;-)

I know you have tons of requests from us, but I can't find a way to make this work. Could it be possible to build the next kernel with modprobe/iptables module enabled? It would be great being able to use the firewall

I tried to build the kernel myself, but I wasn't able to make it work... Its harder to make this kernel work than the linux one...

Thanks for all the good work you're doing!

P.S. Android is working stable since the last update. :P

Guest Rapid81
There is also way (without installing drivers). You can also add this alternative way to Your tutorial:

- root Your phone

- install adb wireless from Market

- install android sdk on Windows

- run wifi on android

- enable adb wireless (it will show ip addres and ip - remember it)

- from Windows commandline: adb connect android_ip_address:port

Use adb like normal ;-)

Added. THX!

Guest cool_fhatz86

Need help!!!

My SD card is not visible in android and there's an icon appear in taskbar "SD card is removed".

This happen when i boot android in my storage. But i can see my storage(storage in android) contents.

I tried reformating the sd card but same thing happen., still not visible!! any ideas!! Both my storage and sd are visible in winmo. why?

Anybody has any clue what are the localization files in the droid? I want to use my own language in it, but I downloaded many full ROMs and I couldn't figure it out what are the language files.

Hi Rapid,

I was searching the same; I'd like to translate everything in Italian and I found this guide:

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/...calization.html

I need the files in the folder "res", but that folder is not in svn, do I think it's directly in the ROM; maybe for this reason we don't need to translate in the different languages because there's already the localization for all the countries (coming with the OS).

I'm not sure of this. I hope someone can give me some information clearer and more reliable

Need help!!!

My SD card is not visible in android and there's an icon appear in taskbar "SD card is removed".

This happen when i boot android in my storage. But i can see my storage(storage in android) contents.

I tried reformating the sd card but same thing happen., still not visible!! any ideas!! Both my storage and sd are visible in winmo. why?

Try with mini partition tool or EASEUS check file system

Guest cool_fhatz86
Try with mini partition tool or EASEUS check file system

okay, lets see if this would help, by the way im using gparted for partitioning and reforting my sd card in my ubuntu machine.

by the way thank you for the reply..

Where are the last two post? (One of the post wrote djsolidsnake86, at 14:00 |GTM+1| saying that there will be no new version Beta, I remember)

Why are cleared?

Can not we write what we think?

Edited by urkopi

Guest djsolidsnake86
Where are the last two post? (One of the post wrote djsolidsnake86, saying that there will be no new version Beta, I remember)

Why are cleared?

i haven't saw that

Guest Rapid81
Hi Rapid,

I was searching the same; I'd like to translate everything in Italian and I found this guide:

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/...calization.html

I need the files in the folder "res", but that folder is not in svn, do I think it's directly in the ROM; maybe for this reason we don't need to translate in the different languages because there's already the localization for all the countries (coming with the OS).

I'm not sure of this. I hope someone can give me some information clearer and more reliable

I started the localization process... The supported languages are on the picture.

The process is:

- unpack the apk-s

- translate the necessary xml files, or put the other language's xml files from an other ROM's apks

- Repack the apks

- sign the repacked apks

It'll take a while. I'll post the multilingual files after I've done.

post-624700-1297260346_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rapid81

I started the localization process... The supported languages are on the picture.

The process is:

- unpack the apk-s

- translate the necessary xml files, or put the other language's xml files from an other ROM's apks

- Repack the apks

- sign the repacked apks

Well! Spanish is supported!

With your permison... when do you post the multilingual files? More or less?

Thanks again Rapid!

Guest FactionOne
Where are the last two post? (One of the post wrote djsolidsnake86, at 14:00 |GTM+1| saying that there will be no new version Beta, I remember)

Why are cleared?

I would imagine a Moderator removed the posts because this thread is over 115 pages long; and if people start making posts to say "Nothing is happening at the moment" it will become a big mess? If that post is OK, maybe there would be one for each minute of the day... "Nothing happened just yet, we will see in a minute..."

I'm just as keen as everyone else, but maybe we should just relax, let the devs do their thing, and keep the thread for technical matters?

All the best,

Rob.

Guest tjeerdos

The process is:

- unpack the apk-s

- Repack the apks

- sign the repacked apks

hi, that would be really great. love to have it in dutch... thanks man

greets tjeerdos

Guest speedfrog

i have deleted some stupid posts in this thread

there are no point of saying "the new beta files didnt come today :P" OMFG what is going through your heads when you post things like this?!?!