Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest alexovy
That's right. And because of the so many noob Windows users, I updated the ADB tutorial, and added the following sentence:

Not just add the path to the search root, you need to select the driver yourself!!!

:D :P

Hi,

sorry to bring this again....but I have tried like 100 times to install the ADB Driver, and YES...I DO SELECT THE FILE MANUALLY. But after I select it, it says that the file doesnt contain any information regarding the hardware.

I install the driver manually choosing "SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device", and I choose Android_usb.inf from your files "usb_driver/x86", but after I press ok...it says that this file doesnt contain any information regarding my hardware.

Is is possible to have anything to do with the fact that my windows xp is in german?

Is anybody here with GERMAN WINDOWS XP, who succeded to install the adb driver?

Thank you

Guest Rapid81
No Greek???

The Spica ROM what I have (EXXJH1), does not contain the Greek language. If you have the system/app/*.apk and system/framework/framework-rs.apk (what files are in the Beta) from an Eclair-Spica ROM what are contains you language, send PM to me.

Edited by Rapid81

The Spica ROM what I have (EXXJH1), does not contain the Greek language. If you have the system/app/*.apk and system/framework/framework-rs.apk (what files are in the Beta) from an Eclair-Spica ROM what are contains you language, send PM to me.

Can it be from samsung galaxy S rom?

I started the localization process... The supported languages are on the picture.

The process is:

- unpack the apk-s

- translate the necessary xml files, or put the other language's xml files from an other ROM's apks

- Repack the apks

- sign the repacked apks

It'll take a while. I'll post the multilingual files after I've done.

post-624700-1297260346_thumb.jpg

Is it possible korean language?

it maybe raw-ko

or

raw-kr

Edited by kgp700

Hi,

sorry to bring this again....but I have tried like 100 times to install the ADB Driver, and YES...I DO SELECT THE FILE MANUALLY. But after I select it, it says that the file doesnt contain any information regarding the hardware.

I install the driver manually choosing "SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device", and I choose Android_usb.inf from your files "usb_driver/x86", but after I press ok...it says that this file doesnt contain any information regarding my hardware.

Is is possible to have anything to do with the fact that my windows xp is in german?

Is anybody here with GERMAN WINDOWS XP, who succeded to install the adb driver?

Thank you

It is because the driver inf didn't have your phone hardware IDs, try my inf, if still can't recognize your phone, you may need to manual add your hardware IDs to the inf file.

To found out your phone hardware IDs

- Open "Device Manager"

- Select the "device with exclamation mark" and open "Properties"

- Go to "Details" tab and change the "Property" to "Hardware Ids"

- Open my inf file

- Search "SAMSUNG OMINA II"

- Add or Modify your hardware IDs

;SAMSUNG OMNIA II

%USB\VID_04E8&PID_681C.DeviceDescRelease%=androidusb.Dev, <<YOUR HARDWARE IDS>>

%USB\VID_04E8&PID_681C&MI_02.DeviceDescRelease%=androidusb.Dev, <<YOUR HARDWARE IDS>>

- Replace the inf and install

Enjoy!

android_usb.zip

Edited by E.C

Guest malavin
It is because the driver inf didn't have your phone hardware IDs, try my inf, if still can't recognize your phone, you may need to manual add your hardware IDs to the inf file.

To found out your phone hardware IDs

- Open "Device Manager"

- Select the "device with exclamation mark" and open "Properties"

- Go to "Details" tab and change the "Property" to "Hardware Ids"

- Open my inf file

- Search "SAMSUNG OMINA II"

- Add or Modify your hardware IDs

;SAMSUNG OMNIA II

%USB\VID_04E8&PID_681C&MI_02.DeviceDescRelease%=androidusb.Dev, <<YOUR HARDWARE IDS>>

- Replace the inf and install

Enjoy!

THIS IS WHAT I MEAN ALL THE TIME :D I've open the .inf but don't going to change the ID.... Thanks... I will try it as you describe... hope work's....

Great MANNNNNN it WORKSSSSS :P))))) (same ID as your's)

Edited by malavin

Guest Rapid81
Can it be from samsung galaxy S rom?

No, just Spica.

Is it possible korean language?

it maybe raw-ko

or

raw-kr

The attached picture is contains the framework's languages. I saw more languages in the app/*.apks. I'll inform you about the progress, and if other languages will appear, I'll put those in it.

Guest bu11d0g

Is there a way to include an option to enable overclocking of the Omnia 2?

I use a cab on my WinMo, get up to 952Mhz out of my processor and it erally gives an awesome boost in performance.

I was just wondering?

Cheers, and keep up the great work dev team!!

Guest wizard83
Need help!!!

My SD card is not visible in android and there's an icon appear in taskbar "SD card is removed".

This happen when i boot android in my storage. But i can see my storage(storage in android) contents.

I tried reformating the sd card but same thing happen., still not visible!! any ideas!! Both my storage and sd are visible in winmo. why?

I have the same problem, but running android from my storage. If I fisically remove the sd and then re-insert it, it works. But if I reboot android. the problem is still there. How can I fix it?

Is there a way to include an option to enable overclocking of the Omnia 2?

I use a cab on my WinMo, get up to 952Mhz out of my processor and it erally gives an awesome boost in performance.

I was just wondering?

Cheers, and keep up the great work dev team!!

Yes, there are similars .apk to do it, just need make a root at android instalation.

Guest voyteckst

People (not all of course). I see, that some of You (guess who?) simply cannot wait for new beta. Pushing me with private messages do not cause i will send new test files. Besides I'm not preparing it - I sometimes have new files from devs for independent testing and share news from them. Thats all.

Just be patient :P

Edited by voyteckst

@slmz Thanks a lot for your kind reply, but what would "make a root at android instalation" mean? 0.0

It's a procedure that enable admin privileges to install restrict apps and chance things in system folders.

Guest francis_fds

Hi,

Needed some assistance. Installed Titanium Backup, but whenever I try to run it, get error of no root access.

Please help me with rooting my i8000.

Thanks and regards,

Francis F

Guest djsolidsnake86

thank you of heart man, for now i'm installing the update, but regarding that filesys file, it must be copied on a fresh beta 1?

Edited by djsolidsnake86

thank you of heart man, for now i'm installing the update, but regarding that filesys file, it must be copied on a fresh beta 1?

I don't understand the method to update it! Please write how to do!

Thanks Thanks Thanks devs!

Guest cicciosprint
I don't understand the method to update it! Please write how to do!

Thanks Thanks Thanks devs!

The o2bupdate.zip is a standard update package, you unzip it in My Storage and run Android.

The second zip is a full Android installation, you have to create the partition via Haret, as in beta 1, and then unpack the content in the partition via Ubuntu or another Linux distro, of course deleting the old beta files :P

I will personally wait for sensors and camera before making an update, which apparently will also include more locales, yay! Sandor, one question: what's the status of sensors and Bluetooth? Are the proximity and ambient sensors also working?

Guest cicciosprint
I found these languages in some apk file:

post-624700-1297272700_thumb.jpg

Maybe you can use these with "More local" app from Market. I don't know. I'll figure it out at the tests.

Rapid, if I recall Android developer docs correctly, those are merely resource files for application locales - they refer to specific applications, not the entire Android interface layer. I wonder, though, if language resources from Samdroid can be useful.

Guest voyteckst

I will personally wait for sensors and camera before making an update, which apparently will also include more locales, yay! Sandor, one question: what's the status of sensors and Bluetooth? Are the proximity and ambient sensors also working?

They are working on kernel level. To this time priority was sleep, battery and gsm data.